BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Huddersfield Town (h) - 5/11/22

8th clean sheet. 12 wins from 20 is so impressive but in most of those 8 other games and some of the 12 they’ve been worse than abysmal. It’s crackers.

I’ve said a few times this season that 3 rank average teams will get promoted. I’m downgrading it to this season 3 shite teams will go up. I’m crossing everything that we are one of them. 

• Like 6

1 minute ago, matt83 said:

8th clean sheet. 12 wins from 20 is so impressive but in most of those 8 other games and some of the 12 they’ve been worse than abysmal. It’s crackers.

I’ve said a few times this season that 3 rank average teams will get promoted. I’m downgrading it to this season 3 shite teams will go up. I’m crossing everything that we are one of them. 

Make no mistake if we go up we'll definitely come straight back down but at least we'll clear some of the debt and maybe become a better prospect for anybody wanting to but a football club out there

Just another typical Championship game, and we got through it. Knew this one was a tricky one when we've got the Dingles game on our minds.

Overall, a great day. Dingles humiliated on TV, and Rovers keeping it steady and within striking distance. Well done Rovers!

Although I'm dreading it, let's just face the music, now. Bring on the Dingles.

• Like 2

Obviously happy with a win and a clean sheet, getting into a winning habit is no mean feat at all.

I actually enjoyed that first half, thought we looked confident and sharp.

But it feels so counterintuitive to sit back and defend a lead at home.

Seems that JDT trusts his defence and GK explicitly, but a better team than Hudds scores at least one today.

• Like 1

A good 3 points. We really shouldn't be underestimating the 'poorer' teams in this league.

The bottom 5 all played against top 8 teams and all picked up points, bar Huddersfield.

And we were the only home side to win from all the 3pm kick offs today.

Edited by oozy
  • Like 5

1 minute ago, CambridgeRover said:

Our defense is something special , we shouldn't forget that.

Hyam, Brittain, Ayala, Wharton, Pickering must be a top 4 defense in the league on their day

Sometimes at home, it’s like we think we’re 90’s Italy(at home, in Ewood Park/Rome).  Come and try and score a goal, you’re not going to. 

It certainly means that I’ve never got a comfortable afternoon lately.  Which is great when we win them, winning matches comfortably is maybe over rated, more endorphins the Rovers way 😂

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, RoverDom said:

Half this board tipped us for a relegation battle at the start of the season. The pessimism hasn't stopped as we sit second in the league.

When you take a breather from this place, you dread taking a look after a period of time. I've seen comments such as "we won in spite of the manager". Well, it might not always be comfortable, but we do it more often than not, don't we? Frankly, I think fair criticism goes out of the window on here, and it's just a habit of some to need somebody to blame for us sitting second.

#COYB

• Like 5

11 minutes ago, joey_big_nose said:

Didnt think we played well but defo deserved the win for me. Need to find someone who can step in for Gallagher though. Soon as he went off we lost control of the game.

I hope Broughton has a quality loanee in mind. 

Someone with strength and pace would bag a hatful in this team. 

3 minutes ago, goozburger said:

Just another typical Championship game, and we got through it. Knew this one was a tricky one when we've got the Dingles game on our minds.

Overall, a great day. Dingles humiliated on TV, and Rovers keeping it steady and within striking distance. Well done Rovers!

Although I'm dreading it, let's just face the music, now. Bring on the Dingles.

How many local lads have they got in their team, compared with ours? You always knew with David Dunn in the team that our players would be up for it. The Super Wharton Bros. Teamtalk will win us the Derby watch. Travis will double dip on the energy bars and become their most hated player since Dunny  

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

I genuinely think he's just got nobody to bring off the bench to win us a game, or indeed change it. 

What he does have on the bench (which is ironic considering the last guy promised them) is a plethora of quality Championship defenders, so he knows he can shut up shop. 

At the moment Gallagher can't last 90 minutes and you'd be loathe to risk Hedges for the full 90 coming back from injury - and their backups are miles off their standard. 

I'm clearly in the minority here, but I think JDT is doing an incredible job managing the meagre resources he's been handed (he keeps referencing 12 out, 6 in for a reason!) and continues to eke out results, even if it's not the prettiest for the full 90 minutes (there are passages of wonderful play in there). 

Dack.

• Like 7