BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Huddersfield Town (h) - 5/11/22

2 hours ago, DuffsLeftPeg said:

Glad you’re not picking the team! “Stick to 442” is what Sunday league managers do as it’s the only formation their tiny minds can process

Any "Sunday league manager", even one with a only a "tiny mind", can see when a formation isn't working so how does that place Tomasson when he still makes the same mistakes and refuses to change a system that isn't working? 

Is Tomasson therefore worse than a "Sunday league manager" because he's so blind to what's going on or so arrogant and stubborn that he refuses to admit he made a mistake?

Using your great intellect would you like to pick a team?  

Those crying for 442…who would you play as the two wingers? I assume Hedges as one, who as the other?

Or are we setting up like 00s England with a Scholes on the wing to weirdly accommodate 442

I think I saw one line up with Morton and Wharton on the wings. Beggars belief 

Edited by superniko

For me our main problem is not what formation we play, but asking too many players to play out of their preferred positions. If one player is out, then bring in the best player to fill that gap. Don't swap three players to achieve the same objective. Nobody can say for certain which is the best choice, but my guess would be, bringing in the best player to fill the gap. 

• Like 6

16 minutes ago, rigger said:

For me our main problem is not what formation we play, but asking too many players to play out of their preferred positions. If one player is out, then bring in the best player to fill that gap. Don't swap three players to achieve the same objective. Nobody can say for certain which is the best choice, but my guess would be, bringing in the best player to fill the gap. 

Yes, it is baffling why our managers consistently fail to adopt this approach, despite there being ample evidence that deploying players out of position doesn't really work.

Horses for courses, and all that.

Let's see what today brings 😉

COYB! 

Edited by Shirley Crabtree Wrestler

• Backroom

Maybe the midweek performance and result was the kick up the arse JDT needed, a realisation that even against the lesser teams in the league you can't fuck around with ridiculous experiments and get away with it. 

• Like 1