BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Huddersfield Town (h) - 5/11/22

1 hour ago, simongarnerisgod said:

im`e struggling to see anything in him that suggests he`s even a lower league player,looks totally out of his depth whenever he`s appeared,to me he looks like a production line academy product who looks great in the non contact world of the u23`s but when it comes to proper football he`s just not cut out for it

That's what we said about BBD.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, had.e.nuff said:

I had someone behind me today moaning "yes i know we keep winning but its not great to watch" no pleasing some folk

You (or them sitting behind you anyway) can not convince me that watching a winning performance is not enjoyable.

Football is a competitive sport first and foremost; entertainment second.

2 hours ago, Sparks Rover said:

amazing decision to replace Hedges unless he had an injury.  

A few minutes before he came off he had a quick word with JDT - I assumed he was saying that he needed to come off. It’s hardly surprised that the two players who were touch and go to be fit, him and Gallagher, came off.

• Like 5

55 minutes ago, BRFC_Polky said:

Not the best performance, but it’s three points at the end of the day.

I wonder if JDT will rest a few on Wednesday for the big game on Sunday?

I think the second we drew a PL team away our cup run was over. We've been using the competition as a chance to play our second XI, I don't think he'll change from that plan.

Edited by Exiled_Rover
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

we did,myself included,vale is truly lacking in any ability though,you always knew there was something to come from diaz,however frustrating he used to be

Incredible harsh on Vale. He has ability, has proved that for the U23 and in pre-season. Would've probably benefitted being on loan this season. Today the major problem is shutting up shop and sitting so deep. There is no support and chance of retrieving the ball when the rest of the team is parked in our box. Same with Dack last game. Showed some good touches today, but I agree could've pressured harder.

The higlights from pre-season shows he has some ability. 

https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=1830900493917308

1 minute ago, Paul Mellelieu said:

We are second in the league.  Please remember that simple fact.

Nice reminder 🙂 Consider myself a positive fan, but admit the win felt a bit deflated due to shutting up shop so early. Thought the team looked coherent and in control and needless to give away the initative with what obvious a tactical decision. 

It's amazing to be top two at this stage, far beyond my expectations.

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, briansol said:

Incredible harsh on Vale. He has ability, has proved that for the U23 and in pre-season. Would've probably benefitted being on loan this season. Today the major problem is shutting up shop and sitting so deep. There is no support and chance of retrieving the ball when the rest of the team is parked in our box. Same with Dack last game. Showed some good touches today, but I agree could've pressured harder.

massive difference between friendlies,u23 football compared to full on competetive football league,tyler magliore looked useful in friendlies and now he can`t even get in northamptons first 11,vale very much like him imo

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, briansol said:

I thought he did ok when he came on other than he could have put himself about a lot more than he did given he was fresh and everybody else had played for 70 minutes.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, matt83 said:

We’ve also lost 100% of the 8 games gone behind in so the tactics are still up for scrutiny. 

That's a whole different tactic. Those games have nothing to do with shutting up shop/holding out for the points. That wasn't an option, because we were behind. So far, JDT and the team have a 100% record at holding onto leads and getting three points. Whether that lasts is another question. I share everyone's concern that we'll be punished for it eventually. However, at the moment, it's hard to argue with success.

8 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

massive difference between friendlies,u23 football compared to full on competetive football league,tyler magliore looked useful in friendlies and now he can`t even get in northamptons first 11,vale very much like him imo

You could say the same about Adam Wharton. But you have to be given the opertunity to show if you are good enough

Edited by rigger