BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

January Transfer Window.

2 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

The poster I quoted was suggesting we sign more back up players. I’m suggesting we’ve got more than enough back up players already.

I know the point you made but we aren't going to get a better right back than Brittain at our club. I rated him as one of the best right back in this league. Pickering at left back is a good enough at this level. 

1 minute ago, chaddyrovers said:

I know the point you made but we aren't going to get a better right back than Brittain at our club. I rated him as one of the best right back in this league. Pickering at left back is a good enough at this level. 

How did Brittain go on today . We could have the best right back in the league but it’s no good if he’s alway injured.

• Like 1

• Backroom
3 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

So you're saying we shouldn't try to sign better players than we have?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

How did Brittain go on today . We could have the best right back in the league but it’s no good if he’s alway injured.

He has played 14 games in 24 games is hardly always injured it. His last injury was unfortunate 

Our right back JRC today was our best player and he kept Jack Clarke in his pocket all game

1 minute ago, Mike E said:

So you're saying we shouldn't try to sign better players than we have?

I don't think you will sign better full backs than we already have. Of course we should improved the quality of the squad all the time season after season 

20 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

The poster I quoted was suggesting we sign more back up players. I’m suggesting we’ve got more than enough back up players already.

I also suggested we sold our current back up player (JRC), to be fair. I’m suggesting we buy a better player than JRC so it isn’t as much as a weak spot if our first choice (Brittain) is out. 

As much as I’d like to only improve the first team, I don’t think that’s viable with our budget. 

30 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

He has played 14 games in 24 games is hardly always injured it. His last injury was unfortunate 

That's about a 60% availability rate. That's really not good at all. It's definitely injury prone especially when you consider it's lots of little injuries rather than one long layoff. 

Our right back JRC today was our best player and he kept Jack Clarke in his pocket all game

A huge positive from a crap result. Surprised as thought the lad had lost his way. Here's hoping he can start to reach some of the potential he showed. 

I don't think you will sign better full backs than we already have. Of course we should improved the quality of the squad all the time season after season 

You can always with effort find better quality. Certainly as a mid table championship club. Takes work and nous mind. Whether we have enough of that is another debate but the potential is always there to improve. 

Mind you when the guy is missing so many games it's not hard to improve on not being on the pitch. 

9 minutes ago, Blue blood said:

That's about a 60% availability rate. That's really not good at all. It's definitely injury prone especially when you consider it's lots of little injuries rather than one long layoff. 

Its a concern about the injuries regarding Brittain but I still rate him highly and one of the best right backs in the league

A huge positive from a crap result. Surprised as thought the lad had lost his way. Here's hoping he can start to reach some of the potential he showed. 

He was our best player today. 

You can always with effort find better quality. Certainly as a mid table championship club. Takes work and nous mind. Whether we have enough of that is another debate but the potential is always there to improve. 

Mind you when the guy is missing so many games it's not hard to improve on not being on the pitch. 

Rovers are looking for new players. Looking at the foreign market 

4 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Apparently missing 42 per cent of games through injury is "hardly" injured.

Note: the out clause is "always" but the reality of maths screams that 42pc is actually quite a lot out of a reasonable sample figure of 24 games played.

1 hour ago, ItsRoverZ said:

Hahaha 

It's such a weird title for an article ..we are trying..fucking hell

Sounds like a message to JDT....I wonder if the manager wants a promotion push but the club aren't sharing his aspiration.  Greggy has some explaining to do if we don't improve the side in January 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, ItsRoverZ said:

Hahaha 

It's such a weird title for an article ..we are trying..fucking hell

Lol yep, we must remember though that the club aren't the ones who pick the headline, the LT do. Which quote they take from the article to run with for the headline has a psychological effect on how people read it (or they don't read it and just run with the headline sentiment).

Rovers have to find more quality from somewhere - what we don't need are more journeymen and loanees who will never make a difference. A young Bradley Johnson type in midfield and a proper centre forward who can hold up the ball, bash defenders around and score goals like Danny Graham would be ideal 

• Like 3

53 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I wouldn't be surprised JDT wants to sign 2 players from his former Club Malmo in Centre midfielder Erdal Rakip and forward Jo Inge Berget. Both out of contract in 4 days. 

Chaddy- would either of them get the required number of points? I agree the European market is way forward.

I also think that the backroom staff need time now, no point appointing a number of key personnel and then getting rid of them! We are shockingly still in 3rd and I still feel top 6 is achievable.

Having announced a profit last financial year we must have the option to spend some cash. I know that FFP works on a rolling 3 year basis and once the 'profit year' rolls out of the equation we will be in trouble again but as of today, we surely have options.

Why go to the bother of 'selling/buying' Brockhall to create cash flow if we don't take advantage of it. They have to take a gamble at some point and we have the chance right now while sitting in the playoff places - more so than last year due to the better profit/loss position.

Any serious owners would be around the table right now, planning the next move.