BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

January Transfer Window.

27 minutes ago, tomphil said:

Very much so and he's one of the rare people we have who can make a difference when he comes on or starts a game and we go on the front foot.

If he comes on at Sunderland at the right time i'd wager we don't lose that game.

I wouldn’t have liked to play against him. You’d know you’d be in for a busy afternoon.

The thing I like about Dolan is he looks like he wants to be out there and he looks like he enjoys playing pro football. You can’t say that about every player at Ewood Park.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces
  • Like 8

28 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Exactly Paul. We are only barely 6 months into this new footballing strategy and people are expecting instant results. the recruitment department has had to be rebuild by Broughton and Williams. They now got what they want in terms of scouting, video analysis and date researching. Over the coming years we will see this improving the quality of signings we bring in as long as we stick with it. 

Excellent post and please keep them coming

Blimey, we are only 6 months into the plan. This is long term strategy and need patience and time from all fans. 

Didn't we sell Armstrong for 15 million? 

Why would you sell your key player BBD for such low ball offer? 

We barely got offers above what we paid for him last summer 

Blimey. Michael Carrick. 

I rest my case.

Keep up Chris! Carrick hasn't been in post for 6 months, hasn't spent anything on new players, hasn't waffled on about a grand strategy or project, but simply marshalled his forces far more effectively and to good purpose than our own JDT has in a longer period. 

Capiche?

9 minutes ago, Shirley Crabtree Wrestler said:

Keep up Chris! Carrick hasn't been in post for 6 months, hasn't spent anything on new players, hasn't waffled on about a grand strategy or project, but simply marshalled his forces far more effectively and to good purpose than our own JDT has in a longer period. 

Capiche?

You have a good look at what you’ve got in terms of players strengths and weaknesses. Devise a way of playing that plays to their strengths and minimises their weaknesses. Then you stick with it.

Coming in thinking “ I’ve got my favourite system, I’ll get this lot playing it “ is madness.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces
  • Like 8

8 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

You have a good look at what you’ve got in terms of players strengths and weaknesses. Devise a way of playing that plays to their strengths and minimises their weaknesses. Then you stick with it.

Which is what we thought 'the project' was when JDT came in, but for some strange reason we are now beginning to have serious doubts..

Ah well, perhaps the second half of the season will be a pleasant surprise, with many good rabbits pulled out of the JDT / Broughton team hat..?

6 minutes ago, glen9mullan said:

I'm a season ticket holder, but so disillusioned with the whole thing. Missed the last few homes games, and aint decided if i'm going tomorrow yet.

I cannot recall a time in my life in over 40 years, where my ticket has been left in the drawer.

We can point to being 3rd in the table and think there is so much to be excited about.

Then i look at the 12 defeats, winning and losing is part and parcel of football.

However the product is drab, the football is shite, the gameplan if we have one is predictable to the opposition.

The manager bores the pants off me too.

Pre JDT it was a project, on a journey, x amount of windows etc, young players, other teams have bigger budgets. Heard it every week.

Now under JDT the same old lines, a project, budgets, young players etc.

Lets be under no illusions, this manager has been backed with serious money in terms of what we have spent in the 3 seasons prior. 

He has not had to sell anyone and recycle funds, and being 3rd at this stage has things very much in our own hands.

However i find the whole rovers experience right now boring and easier to watch on the TV.

We've had some poor managers previously but none of them ever had me thinking i'm not going.

Window opens tomorrow, and I wouldnt give him a dime.

I want to see our manager kick every ball with the team', be on that touchline living and breathing the passion.

His cheeky smile, and boy next door persona in interviews aint enough for me.

My opinion probably different to most, but its an opinion which i cannt see changing soon.

Hope everyone has a lovely new year and prosperous 2023, 

1 hour ago, Hasta said:

That's harsh. Dolan can be limited but has 3 goals and 4 assists in 879 minutes of Championship football. Thats a goal involvement every 1.4 games. Plus you get the work rate to go with it.

Let's put this into comparison with the other attack minded players.

Dolan 3g / 4a / 879m / Contribution to a goal every 1.4 games

Szmodics 3g / 1a / 912m / Contribution 2.5

Gallagher 3g / 1a / 1263m / Contribution 3.5

Dack 1g / 1a / 642m / Contribution 3.6

HIrst 0g /0a / 272m / ZERO CONTRIBUTION

Vale 0g / 0a / 303m / ZERO CONTRIBUTION

I think Dolan is far from the problem with our team at the moment. Ideally I would have him in every starting line up 

Brereton, out of interest, comes out at 9g / 3a / 2164 / Contribution 2.0

Not saying he is a problem but he is not an automatic first choice, stats show he is an impact player

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tomphil said:

The same Dolan who basically got us 3 valuable points at Norwich ?

Same Dolan who has come on several times this season to defend from the front and run himself into the ground to help guard a lead.

Same Dolan who cost nothing is still a young player and has numerous assists and goals here ?

Some headless chicken that, in reality he's is one of the most useful members of the squad here.

He has value but by running around which can be effective, Im not disagreeing and against certain oppostion is very effective.

When it comes to automatic choice what has cost got to do with it....unless you're an accountant.

Run himself into the ground usually means running for everything mean lots of spent energy for nothing = headless chicken

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

Exactly Paul. We are only barely 6 months into this new footballing strategy and people are expecting instant results. the recruitment department has had to be rebuild by Broughton and Williams. They now got what they want in terms of scouting, video analysis and date researching. Over the coming years we will see this improving the quality of signings we bring in as long as we stick with it. 

Blimey, we are only 6 months into the plan. This is long term strategy and need patience and time from all fans. 

Unless the likes of Everton/West Ham think he can keep them in the top flight?

1 hour ago, Shirley Crabtree Wrestler said:

Capiche?

He has been in charge of them for 9 games only, abit early to start aligning as the next messiah.  

19 minutes ago, Leonard Venkhater said:

Unless the likes of Everton/West Ham think he can keep them in the top flight?

Have Everton got money to spend and why recalled Simms from Everton if they want BBD. 

Still don't see any team paying the money we want again. 

1 hour ago, dingles staying down 4ever said:

Not saying he is a problem but he is not an automatic first choice, stats show he is an impact player

How do the stats show that?

With regards to the 7 goals he has been involved in, for only 2 of them did he come on as a sub in during the second half. He contributes when he starts.

Edited by Hasta
  • Like 1

• J*B pinned this topic
7 hours ago, dingles staying down 4ever said:

He has value but by running around which can be effective, Im not disagreeing and against certain oppostion is very effective.

When it comes to automatic choice what has cost got to do with it....unless you're an accountant.

Run himself into the ground usually means running for everything mean lots of spent energy for nothing = headless chicken

You were doing ok at first but by the end ....heedless post pal.

9 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

My point is that nothing has happened to have ultimate faith that everything has changed since the summer. Loads of players have signed new deals in the last few years even amidst the other inconsistencies and discrepancies so why would I have total faith that everything has changed?

It might change and great, it might not, point being I am not going to assume that it will without seeing it do so.

This bollocks about seeing instant results is a myth but it easily gathers momentum in making our fans unfairly seem like an impatient mob. Our best asset will leave for free next summer. Nothing has changed, YET. Maybe it will, maybe it wont. Ill wait until I see different signs that it has before assuming.

Edited by roversfan99

18 minutes ago, davulsukur said:

Window is officially open, let's hope Broughton and his team have done their homework.

Centre mid and a striker are essential. Some pace would also be very welcome.

For me what is essential, is to win the midfield by playing three in there. It is pointless getting a strong midfielder if they are played in a system that is never going to win the battle. I think we will find it hard to get better strikers, with the money we probably, will have. I think whoever we get as a striker (if any), we be a plan B type. Again a change of system to use the strikers we have in a more productive role may be the answer. I agree about the addition of pace, it scares defenders.

• Like 3

13 hours ago, glen9mullan said:

I'm a season ticket holder, but so disillusioned with the whole thing. Missed the last few homes games, and aint decided if i'm going tomorrow yet.

I cannot recall a time in my life in over 40 years, where my ticket has been left in the drawer.

We can point to being 3rd in the table and think there is so much to be excited about.

Then i look at the 12 defeats, winning and losing is part and parcel of football.

However the product is drab, the football is shite, the gameplan if we have one is predictable to the opposition.

Pre JDT it was a project, on a journey, x amount of windows etc, young players, other teams have bigger budgets. Heard it every week.

Lets be under no illusions, this manager has been backed with serious money in terms of what we have spent in the 3 seasons prior. 

He has not had to sell anyone and recycle funds, and being 3rd at this stage has things very much in our own hands.

However i find the whole rovers experience right now boring and easier to watch on the TV.

We've had some poor managers previously but none of them ever had me thinking i'm not going.

I want to see our manager kick every ball with the team', be on that touchline living and breathing the passion.

My opinion probably different to most, but its an opinion which i cannt see changing soon.

I agree whole-heartedly, The only thing I differ on, is the watching it on TV bit. I have stopped doing that, as I find it easiest not to watch at all. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, glen9mullan said:

Each to their own Glen but I just don't get this feeling at all. We've been bad at times but I've seen much worse.

• Like 6