Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

January Transfer Window.

5 hours ago, superniko said:

Kaminski

Brittain - Hyam - Ayala - ???

??? - ???

Hedges - Dack - Brereton

???

Fill in the gaps is the absolute minimum we need, and they need to be starting players. 

5 hours ago, superniko said:

Kaminski

Brittain - Hyam - Ayala - ???

??? - ???

Hedges - Dack - Brereton

???

Fill in the gaps is the absolute minimum we need, and they need to be starting players. 

And yet you keep the system of two central midfielders, when most teams at our level play with three.

My philosophy would be Make your midfield combative, keep the defence simple and strong, that way you won't lose as many matches. Then with a bit of good fortune, chances are taken and games are won. 

Edited by rigger
  • Like 4

10 minutes ago, rigger said:

And yet you keep the system of two central midfielders, when most teams at our level play with three.

My philosophy would be Make your midfield combative, keep the defence simple and strong, that way you won't lose a many matches. Then with a bit of good fortune, chances are taken and games are won. 

Same point, I wasn’t going to list every potential formation though.
Essentially I was trying to portray we need 2 x CM, 1 x ST and 1 x LB to even have an 11 with potential for promotion. That’s the case whether we play 4231, 433, 352

21 minutes ago, LDRover said:

Midfield is in dire need of strengthening (with an emphasis on the word 'stength'). Personally I'm sick and tired of watching Liverpool project Morton tossing it off in our midfield and being overpowered game in game out. I can't see him ever making anything in the game, he doesn't look like he has the desire and will to win.

He'd be on the bench for mine - Liverpool can have him back if they've a problem with it. 

• Like 2

Any rumours? Anything at all?

I would honestly love a cheeky bid for JpvH after we sort out an attacker and midfielder, I think he would be ideal for our team and system, the way JDT wants to play suits JpvH

Other then that i really don't know who we could go for unless it's bloody kids on loan from prem again or scower the European leagues for a hidden gem

3 hours ago, CambridgeRover said:

We arent run like a normal club. Until that changes our transfer windows will be aimless with no long term planning. Our only hope it to fire blindly and hit a bullseye

Until the ownership changes the whole club will be aimless with no planning.

The existence of this club under Venkys is totally pointless.

• Like 3

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/21045510/leeds-gelhardt-blackburn-loan-transfer-fa-cup-cardiff/?utm_term=Autofeed&utm_campaign=sunsporttwitter&utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Twitter#Echobox=1673721485

Probably nonsense based on the source who again has linked the player to numerous clubs. Talented player but nothing would say owner ambition like a loanee with 3 career goals.

7 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/21045510/leeds-gelhardt-blackburn-loan-transfer-fa-cup-cardiff/?utm_term=Autofeed&utm_campaign=sunsporttwitter&utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Twitter#Echobox=1673721485

Probably nonsense based on the source who again has linked the player to numerous clubs. Talented player but nothing would say owner ambition like a loanee with 3 career goals.

I’d take him in a heartbeat if it meant Gallagher & Vale were on the bench…then again if the motto isn’t to get promoted this season then, unless there’s an option to buy, these loans are pretty pointless…Nixon has also said we’ve in for that bounmouth lad in the same article…didn’t a poster who has a mutual friend with him shut it down saying it was B*lls**t….

All nonsense I reckon.

14 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Sounds about right. We wouldn’t want to undermine the “established” Gallagher and Vale by signing an experienced striker.