BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

January Transfer Window.

11 hours ago, J*B said:

Been given a new name tonight - not a usual source, so don’t hold it against me if it’s wrong. Supposedly was being discussed at the U21 game tonight. Thought it was worth posting incase.

Samuel Iling-Junior - England Youth, Ex Chelsea, now at Juve. I’d assume a potential loan.

He plays anywhere across left wing, right wing or striker. Also played left wing back. 

I'd imagine it highly unlikely. Has played a few first team games for Juve this season. Watched a couple of clips on YouTube simply because there's nobody to really get excited about at the moment. Lad has pace. Got me thinking. We must be one of the slowest teams in the top two tiers of English football. 

Probably the slowest Rovers team I've ever watched.

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, ben_the_beast said:

I'd imagine it highly unlikely. Has played a few first team games for Juve this season. Watched a couple of clips on YouTube simply because there's nobody to really get excited about at the moment. Lad has pace. Got me thinking. We must be one of the slowest teams in the top two tiers of English football. 

Probably the slowest Rovers team I've ever watched.

Been this way for several years. Lack of pace and physicality.  

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Wing Wizard Windy Miller said:

why can we not compete salary wise with teams who don't have parachute payments? 

Because most of them has higher turnover (often based on higher attendance) and therefore can afford a higher salary level. Even if we are lower table on wages, we have one of the worst wage to turnover ratios in the division. Very much reliant on Venky's covering the losses every year.

That said most of the Championship are running at a loss, and I doubt we've seen the last club going bust.

12 hours ago, bluebruce said:

Until that's announced I won't be taking it as fact.

This Juve lad, reading between the lines of your post, it's just a name that you've heard we are looking at rather than one we are close to signing?

Announced:

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

lol,what a way to run a football club,buy someone for 7 million then let him go for nothing a few years later,with organisation like that you might as well turn the floodlights off permanently

Unbelievable isn’t it? I’d genuinely just let him go now. Lenihan, Rothwell, Nyambe now BBD. How is Waggot still in a job? That’s at least £20m thrown down the drain! 

• Like 6

13 hours ago, simongarnerisgod said:

i did hear of one rumour this afternoon,yevgeny uyahnicabolokof,the rising star of khazakstani football who left fc astana to try his luck in sweden at ifk gothenberg is now a free agent, jdt,with prior knowledge of his ability in sweden has persauded him to come over for a trial to gauge his match fitness,lightning quick number nine with a cannon for a right foot

Has he worked with top Bulgarian coach Runyer Boloksov?

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, davulsukur said:

In all the time I've followed Fabrizio on twitter, I don't think I've ever seen him get anything wrong. 

Also, how have we gone from Colby Bishop to lling Junior? Only at Rovers!

Would be an unreal loan signing.

I can’t say I’d ever heard the name Iling Junior until yesterday. I suspect it’s very pie in the sky, especially after the feedback on here. It makes me think someone somewhere has “identified” that Iling Junior is a very good player, he doesn’t get into the Juventus squad 95% of the time, he doesn’t need a work permit and someone has asked the question and they’re open to it. Then he’ll sign for Watford. 

• Like 3

Markanday: Maybe it's just me, but I thought his FA Cup start against Norwich was a good demonstration of a) why he's an exciting prospect, b) he's not quite ready yet, as I wasn't impressed by his play off the ball (which JDT does say is improving!) I (thankfully) didn't see the Rotherham game, if he made an impression there... Certainly looks like he can play a role as an attacking sub down the stretch - and perhaps that's what we need! - but a loan to finally get some regular senior football also sounds good for his long-term development.

Ugbo: No real insights on him as a player, and gather it's only a speculative link, but thought I'd add there is some excitement for him with the Canadian national team after he decided to join (former England u21). Made the World Cup squad despite our deep attacking depth (hold your laughter if you watched the Canada games 🙂). After some mediocre EFL loans, he's racked up goals in the Dutch 2nd, Belgian 1st, and Ligue 1 when he's gotten regular starts, but struggled for game time at Genk and now Troyes after initially impressing there on loan. I think he just gotten beaten out by in-form strikers at Genk, but not sure what's happened this year at Troyes. He only recently signed a long-term deal there, so I'd guess he's only available on loan.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Hi Mack said:

Unbelievable isn’t it? I’d genuinely just let him go now. Lenihan, Rothwell, Nyambe now BBD. How is Waggot still in a job? That’s at least £20m thrown down the drain! 

It's why Broughton and JDT are fighting with one hand tied behind their back - this latest news is just adding a gunshot wound to the mix.

It's all self inflicted.

FFS someone should lose their fecking job based on that level of serious professional incompetence in an organisation that is clearly hamstrung by a lack of working captial. Absolutely scandalous that the morons behind the scenes have let this happen. 

Much as I love the idea of BBD leading the Rovers to some kind of glorious end to this season, I can't think of a single reason why he should be allowed anywhere near the first team squad for the remaining games. As far as I'm concerned his disdain for the club is as loud and clear as it could possibly be, and therefore should be met with reciprocal disgust.

BASTARDS!