BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

January Transfer Window.

6 minutes ago, Atko's Engine said:

And why don't we have money to spend? It's because someone near the top of the tree dropped the ball in allowing 4 first teamers worth a combined £15-£20m to leave for £0 in a 12 month period, rather than realising in good time that they weren't signing new deals so ought to be sold to realise a return on investment that could reinvested in the squad.

We're talking the 3 from last season, plus BBD, right? BBD on his own had a worth of about £15-20 million this summer if he had been properly under contract. Rothwell, we were supposedly offered 4.5 or 6.5 mill last January with just 6 months on his deal (though I suspect the 6 months was balanced out by the buying club being promotion rivals and wanting to unsettle us, so his fully contracted market worth was probably about what we received). So just those two you're looking at more like 20-25 million (being a bit rough with values as you can't know for sure). It's been shoddy business, I don't care what flimsy excuses anybody wants to throw at me.

10 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

So that would be no to my questions. That all I wanted to know. 

Sadly, I have no interest in working in Football. I am Rovers fan and very keen interested in reading and watching Football documentaries and autobiographies 

But yet again we don't know how many of that shortlist aren't available or have already move clubs or won't move in this window. Like I keep saying so many different variables involved in football that you simply don't take into account in any of your posts. 

How was it gamble to move for Undav and Kone? 

I did asked you very simple question but you failed to even answer which disappointed me

That's were I have to disagree there as I think unless you have all the info/facts about the transfer window and what actually during it then that sort of comments is unwarranted

What is your question that you want answering?

If we have a huge list of potential strikers and if we get none of them, IF because obviously maybe we still will. Then there is NO excuse to not get any of a list that you have presumed to be 28-30 players deep.

I've never claimed that signing players is easy, but we have spent money on hiring a director of football and a team of supposed recruitment analysts etc. They should give us an advantage no?

• Like 2

Not to add to the tone of the already bleak thread but I have been massively underwhelmed by Broughtons recruitment thus far, I was expecting 2/3 unknown European talent every window and currently doesn’t seem any difference than Tony’s recruitment, in fact if anything worse. Shopping around for water treading loans when we should be pushing the boat out to remain in the playoffs. Beyond frustrating 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, roverandout said:

I know I'm not jdt biggest fan but if he walks out in the summer similar to lambert then a full protest needs to go ahead. Sick of the lack of ambition at the club.  Venkys need to go. They've rarely done anything right

Talk about covering all your bases: you don't rate him but will be kicking off if he walks.

Sounds like either way you're ready to go ballistic in around 4 months time. Maybe time to practice a bit of mindfulness...

2 hours ago, Miller11 said:

Being under an embargo wouldn’t be much of a punishment for a team that apparently can’t manage to get any signings over the line anyway.

Reading are in an embargo and have still managed to sign better players on loans and free transfers than GB has. 

• Like 4

34 minutes ago, Mellor Rover said:

There’s ‘no chance’ Villarreal pay £15 million. He’s going nowhere.

If the club would insist on £15 million at this stage, with his contract running down, his form running down and a rundown budget stopping us landing any targets, they're even thicker than I thought. I'd take £5 million in a heartbeat.

The £15 million tag we've heard about, which may only be a rumour, if true will have been a negotiating stance when we hoped there would be a bidding war.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

What is your question that you want answering?

are Rovers to blame for that deal failing or is it Brighton fault for Undav deal not happening? 

How was it gamble to move for Undav and Kone? 

If we have a huge list of potential strikers and if we get none of them, IF because obviously maybe we still will. Then there is NO excuse to not get any of a list that you have presumed to be 28-30 players deep.

I am confident we will sign a striker before tomorrow deadline. 

I've never claimed that signing players is easy, but we have spent money on hiring a director of football and a team of supposed recruitment analysts etc. They should give us an advantage no?

Yes they will do. They only be together 3 months and I think over the medium to long term we will see the benefits from our recruitment team. 

But we have let down twice during this window by 2 different clubs. 

This is all so predictable.

Deals should have been done weeks ago. 

We should have spent £10m-15m this time last year when we were 2nd and used BBD summer sale as our insurance.

Instead we did neither and are now loosing are most sellable asset for owt. Utterly pathetic 

• Like 6

I think Waggott forgets football is about entertainment.  An exciting, winning brand of football gets bums on seats. That builds an atmosphere and that's where your momentum comes in. 

They've got it back to front. They're charging a fair whack for shit football.  Not investing in good players, they instead 'sell' this project- the football is poor and disjointed. There's no momentum.  Spend some money, bring some exciting players in and watch the fans come and watch. You're not going to get people back making cuts, letting your best players leave for nothing and not replacing them.  

2 minutes ago, CrouchingNunhiddenCucumber said:

Purely because Fat Sam was posted on here by Mystic Mercer or just because you just fancied it?

Have to correct myself actually, I've been convinced for like the last week that I had, but unless there's some weird processing period at Coral on manager bets, it doesn't seem to be there. I must have not got round to it. As to the why, when I saw Mercer's post I did think it's not a bad shout at those odds, so I took a look. I did put a small amount on it, but I thought Dyche was more likely (just the odds were more like 2.5 to 1) so I wanted to put a little on him to cover the Sam stake, seems I forgot.

For clarity, I know better than to believe Mercer's predictions, I just thought for myself that it would be a sensible appointment for Everton and the odds were nice. What I should have remembered is that any bet Mercer posts he has made is cursed to be wrong even if the logic holds up, seems to be a law of nature. If he put money on the sun coming up tomorrow I'd have to consider how to spend my last hours of life.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ItsRoverZ said:

Going to get even more depressing tomorrow when we are spanked by brum and few hours later we have signed no one and are left with Vale and Gallagher to lead the line 😭

I'm optimistic on both fronts for some reason...might have to check myself in to some facility come Wednesday.

56 minutes ago, neophox said:

That's terrible...what if and a big if we go up to the Premier League? Why sign a deal before the season ends?

A bit damning that he doesn't believe it's worth sticking around till the end of the season, to see if we go up. 

He obviously doesn't believe it's going to happen as he's signing somewhere else mid season.

• Like 1

Just now, Bohinen1983 said:

I think Waggott forgets football is about entertainment.

I think some of our managers have forgotten that too. But tbh I want results first and foremost anyway until we can get out of this league and establish ourselves midtable in the Prem (neither of which will happen any time soon). Those new rules are going to make our player trading even more painful.  Shit rules again if you ask me, will just mean we and other clubs find it even harder to renew contracts and lose more players on frees to wealthier clubs. Hardly the sustainable model the authorities claim to have in mind.

1 minute ago, davulsukur said:

A bit damning that he doesn't believe it's worth sticking around till the end of the season, to see if we go up. 

He obviously doesn't believe it's going to happen as he's signing somewhere else mid season.

Tbf, may just fancy a move abroad to settle into hispanic culture better. Nice weather too.

6 minutes ago, davulsukur said:

Problems for him if he gets injured. He’s a bit of a bohemian, so no surprise he wants to try his luck elsewhere. Good luck.