BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

January Transfer Window.

3 minutes ago, tomphil said:

If they lose their main man i can very much see Mowbray wanting Gally as a replacement as he transitions them to wide forwards.

Trouble is these lunatics will slap 15 million on him.

Hasn't Stewart got a long term injury? He won't be back for a while

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, RoversClitheroe said:

So let me get this straight.

We had Hirst as a loan to buy.

But can't afford to buy anyone?

Is the loan to buy a façade of having fuck all?

It's a fair question as I see no evidence we ever planned to buy any of those we loaned under that proviso...

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Andy said:

Big Sam was never spoken to, sounded out or even on Everton's 2nd or 3rd options list.

Bielsa was the most likely, but he had a change of heart after the face-to-face meetings and Dyche was next on the list.

If you genuinely did waste £50 on Big Sam, you might as well have flushed it down the toilet; same outcome.

I beg to differ - I have no reason to doubt the source who works for the club.

I am also told the local Liverpool rag also reported the discussions and Sam was on Moshiri's list of options - maybe if you trawl through the local rag you will find a story.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Beanie01289 said:

So let me get this right to ward off going in to a possible embargo and only being able to sign players for 10k a week we are limiting our wage this window to 10k a week struggling to see what difference an embargo would make tbh.

If correct, it only emphasises the complete mismanagement of our club by Venkys, Waggott, Pasha, Sylvester, Cheston and Coar.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, LDRover said:

I have heard second hand from a staff member that JDT is indeed unhappy, has interest from Germany and is keen to leave. Don't shoot the messenger.

I'm not surprised. His frustration has become more evident as the window has gone on. Suggesting time is of the essence etc, plus he wasn't joking when he made the "January 2024" comment.

It's not as if he's coming to the end of his managerial career and is happy to just pick up a wage. He doesn't need this Venky charade and won't hang around for long.

That said, I wouldn't be too fussed if he left. It's the message that it sends out that is the problem though. A new manager walking, for example, due to a lack of backing or a change of promises screams dysfunctional and tells the football world nothing has changed.

The problem we have is the next man in will be working to the same brief. Same case if Broughton was to go. Same with Waggott. That's not a reason to say they need to stay as long as possible, just that whoever comes in to replace them has to work under the same tossers and to the same deluded aim set by them.

We aren't set up to succeed, simply put.

• Like 5

20 minutes ago, Beanie01289 said:

So let me get this right to ward off going in to a possible embargo and only being able to sign players for 10k a week we are limiting our wage this window to 10k a week struggling to see what difference an embargo would make tbh.

If an embargo was looming surely we would had sold Breo in the summer....doesn't make sense..

• Like 1

1 minute ago, SuperBrfc said:

I'm not surprised. His frustration has become more evident as the window has gone on. Suggesting time is of the essence etc, plus he wasn't joking when he made the "January 2024" comment.

It's not as if he's coming to the end of his managerial career and is happy to just pick up a wage. He doesn't need this Venky charade and won't hang around for long.

That said, I wouldn't be too fussed if he left. It's the message that it sends out that is the problem though. A new manager walking, for example, due to a lack of backing or a change of promises screams dysfunctional and tells the football world nothing has changed.

The problem we have is the next man in will be working to the same brief. Same case if Broughton was to go. Same with Waggott. That's not a reason to say they need to stay as long as possible, just that whoever comes in to replace them has to work under the same tossers and to the same deluded aim set by them.

We aren't set up to succeed, simply put.

we will never succeed under the indians,that was clear the moment the slug anderson took control at the beginning

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, Mercer said:

I beg to differ - I have no reason to doubt the source who works for the club.

I am also told the local Liverpool rag also reported the discussions and Sam was on Moshiri's list of options - maybe if you trawl through the local rag you will find a story.

Allardyce is on record himself as saying no approach.

Edited by Gav
  • Like 3

I don't understand what people expect the expectation seems to far out of reach reading some of the comment on here. Note that pretty much without a striker and losing 10 players in the summer and some how we are in the top 6. We signed a decent winger Yes we are missing additional players. Putting the blame of things on JDT and Broughton consistently is a broken record. I have more time to give blaming Waggot on everything he does wrong over JDT and Broughton. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, yeti-dog said:

Well done on kicking off the meltdown with not a lot in the overall scheme of things... 

Hey, no worries!!

It is genuine though, my daughter works at a league 1 club and there is a connection through that. Just thought it was worth sharing, on the face of it I certainly can't rule it out. 

2 hours ago, Bbrovers2288 said:

Can’t say I would be too disappointed if we ended the Jdt experiment early, I’m not seeing what we are trying to achieve at the moment. We are a hard watch , don’t create enough, can’t come back into games, it’s not great. 

Given the players he has available JDT has performed miracles. Our squad is a bottom half Championship squad and we’re in the playoffs. 

• Like 7