BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

January Transfer Window.

dreary fkin me!!! as things stand this is looking like our worst window for a long time(and that is saying something)

It's worst than last years January window where we failed to strengthen our squad to capitalise on our league position, we are in an even better position this year and a few clever signings would be  enough to almost guarantee play offs

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, rog of the rovers said:

Nicko saying Lewis O'Brien?

Goodness me, what a signing he would be. I'd take just him if offered, one of the best players in the Championship for the past few seasons, middle of the park depth.

Come on Rovers.....make it happen!!

Would be and incredible signing. Miles and miles ahead of what we have now.

Its a real shame that Nicko has as much clue as me.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, rog of the rovers said:

Goodness me, what a signing he would be. I'd take just him if offered, one of the best players in the Championship for the past few seasons, middle of the park depth.

Don't get your hopes up. Can't see it happening unless we're selling/loaning someone out.

We are now becoming more and more aware of what the project really is because no one has actually ever said other than the add value line.

So what they seem to want is a low wage low spend model that collectively might end up worth a few quid 'on the books' whilst they happily lose 10/15 million through it a year.

That's it that's the top and bottom of it and why god only knows, living within our means and stability some will say. Well yes but that will end up being lower third champ or upper league 1 once the income and crowds land at a level in line with that. We really urgently need to be a trading club but there is no sign of that at all and not a brain cell in the middlemen who know how to do that, 25 mill ? of talent by summer gone for nowt - blame the players !

In my long held opinion it's those in the middle who push for this model because they get paid regardless probably even bonuses for hitting cost cutting targets.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, davulsukur said:

Don't get your hopes up. Can't see it happening unless we're selling/loaning someone out.

I think O'Brien unlikely myself but we obviously have some money to play with.

Undav, Kone, Gerhaldt none of those deals fell apart due to finance.Undav and Kone were agreed financially 

11 minutes ago, rog of the rovers said:

Still not a striker but...

To fill that centre mid slot that's about as good as we can hope for.

2 minutes ago, davulsukur said:

Stunningly, Sharpe hasn't denied it. If that £10m option is mandatory, then it's deffo not happening.

Screenshot_20230131_102246_Chrome.jpg

I don't think an option to buy is ever mandatory.

Besides, I think that was only in place for West Brom if he helped them get promoted - would be the same for us.

I'd do it! If he can fix our midfield and help us gain promotion, then he's worth £10m in todays market.

• Like 5

10 minutes ago, BankEnd Rover said:

Yeah we ain’t getting promoted, but then again what’s the point in signing him.

So you don't think we should sign him if he would come here.

Think it's unlikely but we would be signing one of the best midfielders in the championship if we did, and would have a far greater chance of finishing top 6 with him in the side.

40 minutes ago, arbitro said:

It all back of a fag packet stuff, management on the hoof. Projects and plans? There is no plan that anybody with any sense can see. The only plan should be promotion this season and not looking beyond that. But we are hearing that the playoffs are not really part of the project yet. They insult our intelligence and yet expect us to keep turning up, paying our money and put trust in the process.

Why on earth do we bother.

Re are Rovers, supine Rovers!

It's almost enough to make us decide to protest against the ownership again.

• Like 1

As predicted they are 'linking' us to a quality signing on deadline day.

Call it the Assombalonga Project - no chance of it happening even if the player was happy to come but we con supporters into thinking we are trying to get serious business done. Then when the window slams shut we get all the free credit for trying and failing.

• Like 7

The new management team appear to have been given a net transfer budget of £4m-£5m for the season. If it was mostly spent in summer, then the lack of funds available in this window is Broughton's responsibility. He knew what we had to play with at the beginning of the season.

Broughton stated that the January window would be a quiet one. He set the scene. Understandably, Tomasson appears to want the club to push the boat out. I suspect there is a bit of discord behind the scenes.

It's all too late now, really, anyway. What will be, will be.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, TheRevAshton said:

I don't think an option to buy is ever mandatory.

Besides, I think that was only in place for West Brom if he helped them get promoted - would be the same for us.

I'd do it! If he can fix our midfield and help us gain promotion, then he's worth £10m in todays market.

We originally signed Brereton on loan with an obligation to buy him in the January window. In truth though that was because we left it so late (sounds familiar) to do a permanent deal in the Summer window. I would imagine the contribution to O'Briens wages and loan fee will be a stumbling block (if the story is true which I doubt).