BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

January Transfer Window.

23 minutes ago, Mike E said:

Can't explain why this got hidden, as it wasn't at our end (we can always see which mod -or the member themselves- hides a post).

Yours simply said 'Hidden'.

Any suggestions @J*B @StubbsUK?

Yeah, I've checked the logs. He hid it himself. 

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Gamst said:

Maybe I’m naive, but I think that interview took some balls and I’m impressed. None of us know what happens behind the scenes, but I think we need more people like GB and JDT and less like Waggott and Sylvester. Hopefully this sorry affair helps us get there. 

An interview really should be the absolute basic…his team has royally messed up, communicating & apologising is really PR101.

• Like 3

I think it's a charm offensive from Broughton as he knows from the wealth of criticism this could be another watershed in the owners tenure such is the anger. Fair play he hasn't thrown anybody under the bus but his oft repeated 'my responsibility' comment (which he was at pains to stress) doesn't wash with me. I think the arse covering amongst the guilty parties has already begun and hopefully these will be weeded out and summarily dismissed. Whichever way it is viewed there has been a basic but almighty error. His comment that he doesn't think we will win an appeal is telling in my view.

• Like 5

10 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Like many things at this club the ‘process’ for signing players is obviously not fit for purpose. GB alluded to that. 

An embarrassing turn of events, but to me GB deserves time to at least try and sort out this decaying mess of a football club (at least in his own area of authority, the commercial side is beyond saving until a certain spiv is shown the door).

We were never going to clear out all the incompetent people and processes in one clean sweep.

I think it's a reasonable assumption for Broughton to make that admin wise our current set up would be able to get the correct paperwork done, since they have been doing that for years. It's an assumption he'll be gravely regretting right now and one I'm sure he will put right. 

He's been let down big time. He could easily point the finger at our incompetent process. But credit to him that even though it wasn't his specific task to complete, in my eyes he has owned up to the fact he's made an assumption that the person in place was competent in their role. He has said we'll learn from it and I've every faith that we will. 

• Like 6

Some people seem to have been pacified by a non-interview in which any time the discussion went towards what went wrong, he had the "I can't say, awaiting appeal" line ready and waiting.

Him taking the blame isn't some noble deed, it is his responsibility, pretty simple.

Even beyond the paperwork fiasco, the "project" makes little sense to me. He has banged on about blocking pathways and specified the midfield area, going against most who feel we are light of quality and experience in there. Yet he claims to have been in discussions regarding O'Brien for around 6 weeks, why the sudden change?

It's hard not to get the picture that the window was a case of going for what you can regardless of strategy. We do need to look at the short term aswell as the long term but focusing on loans and of course keeping Brereton this season undermines it all. 

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Angry_Pirate said:

GB: "The process this year was no different to how the club has always done it for the last 10 years. We followed that process absolutely to the letter, ultimately its been shown that the process hasn't been good enough."

No shit. Been polishing the same turd for over a decade. You're supposed to be here to make a fucking difference/improvement, not just follow in the footsteps and rely on the methods of previous useless idiots.

Broughton Out.

Ps. This website is borderline unusable on a Samsung Mobile. 

I wish he would have elaborated on the actual process once the medical is done and terms agreed which to me is the difficult part. Collating, signing and sending the documents off should be the easy part. That is what is wholly unacceptable and we deserve better.

Notice how Gregg goes into great detail about the planning for the window, did he say 6 weeks they were talking to the agents of O'brien? 

Make it out that the planning was impeccable then pull the wool over people's eyes so they think it was just unlucky we missed out. 

Get fucked honestly, some of us have a brain cell or 2 🤣

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Giant said:

I would much rather have people like Greg Broughton involved in running the club than the likes of Steve Waggot and Ian Sylvester. The very fact that he has got a number of our excellent youngsters to sign long term contracts and is developing the recruitment team shows that he knows what he is doing. He’ll do for me. 

George Hirst was their number one target. I rest my case

• Like 3