BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

January Transfer Window.

10 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

And what your opinion on my view on Broughton's interview? 

I enjoyed working nights. 

I thought most of what you posted was recounting what he had said.

You again stated your opinion that he wasn’t to blame for the errors, but were happy he’d taken responsibility. I agree to a point and believe he is pissed off and will tighten things up so it doesn’t happen again.

I think you’ve been pretty realistic on your assessment on the window. It’s been poor but could easily have been good if we’d not sabotaged ourselves. Lack of a centre forward is a big error though, and I’m probably less happy that you that it wasn’t a huge priority.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, arbitro said:

What does 'close' in this context mean? He had a medical, terms were agreed, was he 'in the building'? Or the cynic in me says that we spoke to a club or players representatives and an approach was made. The weren't interested. And that was it. 

It's all bullshit from the slippery tongue of Mr Responsible who, lets be honest has fallen at the first hurdle.

I doubt any of them went beyond the enquiry stage once the wages were quoted.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, arbitro said:

What does 'close' in this context mean? He had a medical, terms were agreed, was he 'in the building'? Or the cynic in me says that we spoke to a club or players representatives and an approach was made. The weren't interested. And that was it. 

It's all bullshit from the slippery tongue of Mr Responsible who, lets be honest has fallen at the first hurdle.

Mr Responsible  lol...Like a bad Sydney Carton, clambering onto the tumbril to sacrifice his own life.... just to save Swag et al.

“It is a far, far better thing that I do, than I have ever done..".

Hmmmm

• Like 2

126CB88A-2A75-41FD-883D-79D7B75B0EFD.thumb.jpeg.4ebc1d8f2b78c58ef95e874ebf0f35f1.jpeg

This suggests that “the project” is a cost cutting one. He’s again played a blinder here to control the narrative - a couple of million more would risk the future of the club, when in reality it’s just another month or two’s standard losses. The “if it wasn’t for Venky’s we’d do a Bury” lot will love this.

Obviously our finances have spiralled out of control since the minute Venky’s came along, and attempts to rectify this are long overdue. But it seems that there will be no gambles or calculated risks, this reads like promotion isn’t wanted until the finances are dealt with, and it could be a long time before we get a glimmer like this again. Of course the irony there is a promotion would solve all the money issues and then some.

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, Leonard Venkhater said:

Mr Responsible  lol...Like a bad Sydney Carton, clambering onto the tumbril to sacrifice his own life.... just to save Swag et al.

“It is a far, far better thing that I do, than I have ever done..".

Hmmmm

Martyrdom in a football sense.

Saint Gregg.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RoversTilliDie said:

I meant next Summer.

Doesn't matter does it? We stuff up these Windows on a regular basis. The only good thing that could come out of this is that lessons have been learned.

I've no faith in that either tbh.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, OldEwoodBlue said:

I don't think I have seen it mentioned but do we know who this was ?

An agreement was also close for a striker on deadline day, while other targets came and went during the course of January.

Nicko doing a story on it in tomorrow 

56 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

That interview of JDT on the Rovers website is interesting. He’s obviously pissed off but he goes a bit further for me…he completely (and rightly so) ‘outs’ the other side (GB’s side) of the club. Which is risky.

But the most salient point for me is the one he makes about ‘his side’ overachieving. It feels like, for the first time, he’s peacocking which is what you do when you’re looking around for other options?

Ive said before, it’s my belief that JDT will go LONNGG before he’s pushed. He’s a born winner, incompetence like this does not exist in his world!

I would not be surprised at all if he resigned.

I thought he was saying to the owners/Rovers management with some financial backing we could achieve the PL target sooner with some more financial backing in this window.

He is no doubt in wants to managing in the PL soon

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Miller11 said:

126CB88A-2A75-41FD-883D-79D7B75B0EFD.thumb.jpeg.4ebc1d8f2b78c58ef95e874ebf0f35f1.jpeg

This suggests that “the project” is a cost cutting one. He’s again played a blinder here to control the narrative - a couple of million more would risk the future of the club, when in reality it’s just another month or two’s standard losses. The “if it wasn’t for Venky’s we’d do a Bury” lot will love this.

Obviously our finances have spiralled out of control since the minute Venky’s came along, and attempts to rectify this are long overdue. But it seems that there will be no gambles or calculated risks, this reads like promotion isn’t wanted until the finances are dealt with, and it could be a long time before we get a glimmer like this again. Of course the irony there is a promotion would solve all the money issues and then some.

An ever-lasting journey. Too much at stake personally to go for it. String it out as long as possible knowing you'll never get a job like this again.

Such a chasm between our hopes and their's.

• Like 5

37 minutes ago, Miller11 said:

I thought most of what you posted was recounting what he had said.

You again stated your opinion that he wasn’t to blame for the errors, but were happy he’d taken responsibility. I agree to a point and believe he is pissed off and will tighten things up so it doesn’t happen again.

He step up and took responsibility for their failure to secure 2 players on deadline day

37 minutes ago, Miller11 said:

I think you’ve been pretty realistic on your assessment on the window. It’s been poor but could easily have been good if we’d not sabotaged ourselves. Lack of a centre forward is a big error though, and I’m probably less happy that you that it wasn’t a huge priority.

Why did you think a main striker wasn't a huge priority? 

25 minutes ago, Miller11 said:

The guy is so obviously a complete and utter fraud. It's highly unlikely that spending a couple of million would send the Club over the edge and that's even if that couple of million were completely wasted.

Of course with a competent recruitment team you'd actually hope that that couple of million would be well spent and be a good investment for the future rather than a millstone round the Club's neck. 

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, 47er said:

An ever-lasting journey. Too much at stake personally to go for it. String it out as long as possible knowing you'll never get a job like this again.

Such a chasm between our hopes and their's.

Pretty much.

It's amazing that some people can't see it after we went through exactly the same thing under Mowbray for years.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, RevidgeBlue said:

The guy is so obviously a complete and utter fraud. It's highly unlikely that spending a couple of million would send the Club over the edge and that's even if that couple of million were completely wasted.

Of course with a competent recruitment team you'd actually hope that that couple of million would be well spent and be a good investment for the future rather than a millstone round the Club's neck. 

If O'Brien is on a reported £45k and we had him for five months it would have cost around £900k in wages alone if the reports of us paying his full wage are true.

Broughton's halo is beginning to slip.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, wilsdenrover said:

I’m wondering if the legal advice sought was over the wording of 47.3.1 of the regulations which includes supplying ‘any contract which it proposes to enter into which gives the club…any rights to the employment of the player…’

I wonder if they didn’t know if *any contract* rather than *the contract* meant it only needed to be provided if it had already been agreed.

Or it could be *proposes to enter into* rather than *has entered into * raised the same question. 

If either of those were the case I’m not sure how they thought you could sign an *obligation* to buy with Forest if the player wasn’t also obliged to sign with us(ie contract agreed)

It could also be that the guidance for this section only confirms options to buy (which I’d suggest is in essence just agreeing a fee in advance)  are allowed in loan agreements but is silent on allowing an obligation to buy.

I thought the Brereton deal had been an obligation to buy though, was that actually confirmed by anyone?

I wouldn't get yourself too bogged down in technicalities - you're falling into exactly the trap the Club want you to of thinking this was an immensely complex deal that was practically impossible to pull off. At the end of the day this was a loan until the end of the season with an option to purchase for £10m if we got promoted. How difficult or unusual can that be?

IF the EFL wanted to know what the script was if we were promoted then immediately relegated then I can't see why that would have been so difficult for Rovers to deal with either. You'd imagine  that they'd have been through all that with O Brien's agent, it's difficult to imagine he would have allowed his client to join without knowing what sort of money he'd be on if we were promoted and what the financial implications would be for him if we were relegated.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

So why do the owners allow it, year after year, person after person?

It's a good question. It's becoming increasingly difficult to argue against the proposition that they don't care.

But if they don't, why do they bankroll us to such a massive extent instead of just cutting their losses and walking away?

I keep going back to read Cooper's comments.

Cooper said: “It wasn’t us, that’s for sure .... It won’t take a genius to work out what’s happened"

GB has promised full disclosure of all internal and alleged external factors that scuttled the deal once the current appeal verdict is known. We shall see ..... Not long to wait.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Miller11 said:

I read that like you as well.

maybe more along the lines of “We’ll just keep plodding along the same old route. “.

No real ambition. Just keep turning up. 

What would Jack Walker have thought about that?

• Like 3