BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v The Dingles (a) - 13/11/2022

1 hour ago, Fraserkirky said:

It hurts. We didn’t look up for it at all. Soon as Gallagher went off and the nothingness that is Jack Vale came on, it was over.Did he even touch the ball?

What a completely incredulous start to the season. Some decent performances, but more poor ones. Somehow we are 3rd with a 5 point gap to 7th.
We are a bit of mess in truth, and this time off is probably good news for us in the long run. We have to figure out some stuff. The 3-5-2 is okay in some games but today was not the day for it. What an embarrassment the first goal was when you have three 6’4 Centre halves in there vs one striker. The midfield was dreadful today, Morton went fully AWOL, Travis was sluggish and can’t pass a ball, and Garrett isn’t ready. I’ll stop short of calling for Bradley Johnson, but we do need an experienced player in there asap.

Brereton is gonna just have to play through the middle like he does for Chile. This moving out wide-left constantly isnt working. We are not good enough for the tippy-tally game, we need to be direct and have a focal point.

A lot of time now for JDT to figure this out, oh and get Bradley Dack fit and Hedges further forward.

Incredulous is the right word. On numerous occasions this season we have looked like relegation fodder yet somehow we are third. About a month ago I was convinced we would end up in a relegation struggle once our luck ran out but the five wins in six have made that unlikely. We do however look like one of the worst teams in the league on an alarmingly regular basis. When we are bad we are Coyle levels of bad 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, all you need is duff said:

Incredulous is the right word. On numerous occasions this season we have looked like relegation fodder yet somehow we are third. About a month ago I was convinced we would end up in a relegation struggle once our luck ran out but the five wins in six have made that unlikely. We do however look like one of the worst teams in the league on an alarmingly regular basis. When we are bad we are Coyle levels of bad 

With better players than Coyle had.

• Like 1

It is amazing how the pendulum swings with opinion over JDT - every victory and he is a managerial mastermind - every defeat and he is deemed worse than Mowbray.

Today was very painful viewing, and unlike the players, for fans will continue to be until we can get one over the Dingles. Roll back to mid-week - and the polar opposite.

I am still trying to be balanced over JDT - we have played some excellent football under him, similarly we have played some absolutely awful football.

At the moment I can't make my mind up which way it will go under JDT - we have accumulated far more points than we imagined at this stage of the season - and for that he deserves far more credit than I think he gets. He tinkers far more than Mowbray ever did - at times it is inspired, at times it is awful. I am confused - even today, a stronger referee gives a penalty, we go 1-0 up and the match changes drastically. Biggest problem - as soon as they scored I knew we were beaten - if as a fan I think that, lord knows what goes through the players minds.

• Like 5

We were a pretty ragged outfit today, set up primarily to stop them scoring and left without much in the way of attacking options. It was painful to watch, League One stuff really, apart from repeated ridiculous short passing at the back which always looked like it could come undone.

A sad day for us but we'll be back, hopefully trying to play a bit more football and create something.

And Travis, please wake up and stop getting needlessly booked.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, WacoRover said:

I’m frustrated by losing 3-0 to our rival, but I’m not sure how todays result was venkys fault. 

100% their fault. The buck stops with them. Interested and engaged owners can have a massive influence on a club. Conversely, absent owners employing underachieving staff and coaches does not help build a successful team. Rovers is a shadow of the club it should be and that is down to Venkys. A drubbing by Burnley is simply a symptom of their ownership.

• Like 8

2 hours ago, Oldgregg86 said:

Listened to radio lancs on the drive back and JDT said he was happy with how we defended but we where poor out of possession. 
WOW just WOW

we never had the ball for a feckin start

Concede a goal to a free header when playing 3 CBs.

Concede a goal as a result of playing tippy tappy in our own area.

Concede a third goal to cowardly defending and allow a player with the turning circle of an ocean liner to knock it in.

And he's happy with that.

it's straight from the Mowbray Book of Banal Comments.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, superniko said:

Just to emphasise how I’m against the “Dack has shown he’s not got it anymore” mob.

He’s only started 1 league match since Blackpool…1! (and he was hooked at HT). Played a total 112 league minutes between Blackpool and today, that’s across 13 games - less than 10 mins a match). 
I’m actually more embarrassed for our fans who have bought into this narrative that he’s no good (is he worse than Garrett / Travis / Morton / Buckley?) because they buy every word JDT says

22C0B367-FFF0-48CE-8C61-27F08F0FC8A5.jpeg

Its obvious to anyone with working eyes that Dack is a better player than Vale, Dolan and Hirst....can get play CM? Not sure.

• Like 1

My opinion on Travis remains the same, he doesn't have the ability. It needs fixing in January and we must spend money on a better central midfielder + bring in a striker to have a chance. We're also short of good wingers either side. Hopefully JDT has found all this out in the first half of the season.

Zaroury, Benson, Brownhill, Cork and Cullen were too much and those are the exact positions we're short in. As Tomasson eluded to today 6 in wasn't enough in the summer, way off in fact (even though a good few fans were crying for patience daily, when most could see we needed more action)!

Money must be spent centrally and up top IF we want to go up this season.

Last year we spanked Sheffield United at home largely thanks to two loan wingers in Khadra and Poveda. This year we have George Hirst and Mola not making any real impact.

The fact we're 3rd given the money spent and the amount of players we brought in is still pretty incredible but ultimately we're too reliant on the academy (as good as it is). Spend a bit more money and we could be a real contender.

We need Venky's, Broughton and the scouting department to step up now!

I'd also be happy to see us get rid of a handful of players for fees if we can but if we don't invest in players this January and Brereton leaves for free in the summer, it might be one hell of a long journey to the Premier League... or a never ending one.

As it stands this team isn't going up without any backing.

• Like 1

Was the result unexpected? No. But to put a derby game on the plate for them is out of order.

Baffling starting lineup, Mola? Garrett? Brittain at LB, Hedges again at RWB. Scott Wharton on bench. Adam Wharton missing. Dack only came on with 15 mins left? Bringing on Bucko? So many weird decisions. And of course, the passing around in the defence has got to stop. Every time Mola, Ayala, Hyam gets the ball, the Burnley forward line pushes and pressures our defenders and we ended up giving the ball away in our own half. JDT got to sort this out. It has been coming since many games ago but we got away with it. This time in a derby game, Burnley punished us dearly. 

They are not even spectacular of any sorts. Their football is just efficient to beat us with ease. It was men vs boys.

Kalminski (had 2 other great saves) and probably Brittain are our better players today. Poor poor performance which we finally got punished. Let's hope JDT will sort this out in the next month and using this defeat to keep ringing into the players ears during the world cup break.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, SoldierMo said:

As good as Ayala is…not a coincidence we seem to lose alot more when he starts…makes us drop alot deeper and his passing is awful

I’m glad someone else agrees. And I don’t think he’s up to much. A centre half who allows a journeyman striker  like Ashley Barnes to dominate him isn’t good. He couldn’t cope with the Luton centre forward - another big ox - either. I wouldn’t play him. 

• Like 1

Well I've now been up for 20 hours, had a shit day and having a shit night at work after a month off. 

The only good thing about today was that it could have been 5 or 6.

The ref was a homer, our manager has been lemon drizzled and the majority of our team simply gave up after their first goal.

The world cup looms, god, I fucking hate football.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, ben_the_beast said:

To hear JDT talking about the pace of Mola being a reason he started is maddening. We were so deep there was no space for anyone to run into.

If he thought that why didn't he play him a left back of wing back to cope with Bensons pace. The right footed Brittain was run ragged in the game in that position.

What really disappointed me was the lack of desire to get back in the game after their first goal , there was no passion no drive shown by the players JDT picks the team and before a ball was kicked we were all worried 

the gameplan seems to be defend deep hold the opposition off and hit them on the break which is fine , a lot of teams at every level play the same way but once you concede a goal you have to change we didn’t , we don’t that’s why we lose every time we concede first 

• Like 2

• Moderation Lead

I think the thing that annoyed me the most about yesterday was how it seemed to be treated as just any other game.

No heart, no fight and no desire from us whatsoever. I’m so angry about that still.

• Like 8

It's the morning after the day before and I hope the arrogant Dane is feeling as bad as I do. He just doesn't know what to do when we go behind as evidenced by the nine losses so far this season. In not one of them games have we looked like getting something and playing exactly the same way.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, AllRoverAsia said:

Just think of the media coverage the Wharton's would have got if they had started.

So, the Danish pastry goes with Garrett and Mola. 

It would be difficult to make that up.

I've had all day to think about it and this has fucked me off more than anything. 

I mean seriously, what the actual fuck?

• Like 5