BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

One question for Tomasson

Bearing in mind that, following JDT’s appointment, it was all about our style of play to be the high press. Since then, with one or two exceptions, all we’ve seen is this mind numbing, possession based, play-it-out-from-the-back football.

My question would be regarding recruitment that took place prior to, and at the beginning of this season and also future recruitment. If you don’t know the style of football you want to play, how do you determine the type of footballer you wish to bring in?

I would ask him what Venkys promised him when he took the job, if he believed them and if he has seen or heard from them since?

Has he been promised performance related bonuses or are the owners happy with an aimless existence in the Championship?

Have there been any actual board meetings to discuss progress since he arrived? Is he under any pressure to succeed at all?

I think I already know the answers.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Crimpshrine said:

I would ask him what Venkys promised him when he took the job, if he believed them and if he has seen or heard from them since?

Has he been promised performance related bonuses or are the owners happy with an aimless existence in the Championship?

Have there been any actual board meetings to discuss progress since he arrived? Is he under any pressure to succeed at all?

I think I already know the answers.

That's a couple more than one question.

• Like 1

I would ask him if 2 draws, 1 win and 1 loss is better than 2 wins and 2 losses.

once he stopped staring at me in an odd manner then i would encourage him to read this forum 😜

In all seriousness I would ask him if he would see 8th place as being a success or failure for his first season in charge.

On 14/11/2022 at 15:00, roversfan99 said:

But that implies that Tomasson and Broughton have impeccable judgement. 

Plus there is more to it, maybe they are trying to generate some value.

You seem to struggle to not align your opinion directly with that of those in the club.

You seem to struggle that my opinion is very different to yours on Jack Vale who I have rate and think he is will be good player for Rovers. 

I would say JDT knows alot of players and whether they are quality or not given his playing career where he played for some great clubs and with some great players.

On 14/11/2022 at 21:54, Blue blood said:

You do realise that doesn't automatically mean Vale is any good right? Unless you are saying JDT and Rovers are infallible? 

My view on Vale is very well documented on here.  

6 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

My view on Vale is very well documented on here.  

I feel like the goalposts are moving again. I wasn't saying whether he was any good I think he's crap, you think he's decent(?) but that's not the point I was making. 

The point I was making is just because the club do something, it doesn't automatically mean their judgement was correct, or that they were right to do so. Loads of examples of this from swapping Raya for Walton, thinking Darren Peacock was a defender, paying 5 million for Dailly, sticking Johnson up front to name a few. 

My point was the club can and does get it wrong. They all do. We can question their decisions. 

• Like 3

51 minutes ago, Blue blood said:

I feel like the goalposts are moving again. I wasn't saying whether he was any good I think he's crap, you think he's decent(?) but that's not the point I was making. 

The point I was making is just because the club do something, it doesn't automatically mean their judgement was correct, or that they were right to do so. Loads of examples of this from swapping Raya for Walton, thinking Darren Peacock was a defender, paying 5 million for Dailly, sticking Johnson up front to name a few. 

My point was the club can and does get it wrong. They all do. We can question their decisions. 

I understand the point I was making in the first place but yes managers/head coaches do make mistakes in the transfer market or tactical decisions or team selections. 

On 20/11/2022 at 18:51, chaddyrovers said:

I understand the point I was making in the first place but yes managers/head coaches do make mistakes in the transfer market or tactical decisions or team selections. 

Then would you agree that if managers and head coaches make mistakes, then fans are allowed to question their decisions?

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

Isn't that why fans have social media platforms/messageboards to discuss this like this site for Rovers fans

Yes, that's...what we constantly tell you when your defence for a decision is 'well JDT thinks...'.

• Like 7

• 2 weeks later...
8 minutes ago, Oldgregg86 said:

Why can people paint without arms. Aslong as they can do it who cares. Kaminski has been outstanding this season 

How can a coach of his stature teach someone to comand his box and take crosses. I think Kaminski's form, is down to Kaminski, not the coach. I am not saying that being short excludes you from being a keeping coach, but of the thousands at all levels that there are, I would say most are strongly built, imposing figures. 

PS. If I employed a painter and decorator, and he turned up with no arms I would have a couple of questions to ask.

Edited by rigger

• Backroom
5 hours ago, rigger said:

How can a coach of his stature teach someone to comand his box and take crosses. I think Kaminski's form, is down to Kaminski, not the coach. I am not saying that being short excludes you from being a keeping coach, but of the thousands at all levels that there are, I would say most are strongly built, imposing figures. 

PS. If I employed a painter and decorator, and he turned up with no arms I would have a couple of questions to ask.

Surely as long as the apprentice does a great job, you wouldn't care less?

• Backroom
2 hours ago, rigger said:

What apprentice ?

The person your painter/decorator is teaching.

If Ben Benson is an armless painter/decorator in this scenario, then Kaminski is the artiste under his tutelage.

11 hours ago, rigger said:

Here is one question. Why is our goal-keeping coach, a dwarf ?

Surely it's about the quality of coaching Benson is given and whether the keepers are improving. 

Also Rovers had added to the goalkeeper coaching ranks at Academy levels. 

Blackburn Rovers make goalkeeping addition after comprehensive review | Lancashire Telegraph

10 hours ago, rigger said:

How can a coach of his stature teach someone to command his box and take crosses. I think Kaminski's form, is down to Kaminski, not the coach. I am not saying that being short excludes you from being a keeping coach, but of the thousands at all levels that there are, I would say most are strongly built, imposing figures. 

You can see the improvement in Kaminski game and Kaminski himself has praised Benson role in his improve whilst at Rovers. 

28 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Surely it's about the quality of coaching Benson is given and whether the keepers are improving. 

Also Rovers had added to the goalkeeper coaching ranks at Academy levels. 

Blackburn Rovers make goalkeeping addition after comprehensive review | Lancashire Telegraph

You can see the improvement in Kaminski game and Kaminski himself has praised Benson role in his improve whilst at Rovers. 

The only change I have seen in Kaminski's game, is that his distribution has got worse.