BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Sunderland (a) - 26/12/22

I'd hate to be a striker with the midfield we have. It's appalling.  70% of our strikers game is chasing and pressing defenders. We rarely cross it  or knock decent balls over the top or in the channels.   Even if you do win something, you play it back to Buckley who dillies and dallies then plays it backwards.  Worst set of CM's I've seen at the club.  

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Mashed Potatoes said:

What makes you think players aren't picked on merit ?

7 minutes ago, Mashed Potatoes said:

What makes you think players aren't picked on merit ?

Because I have seen Hirst and Markanday play, neither deserve to be anywhere near the first team.

6 minutes ago, rigger said:

Because I have seen Hirst and Markanday play, neither deserve to be anywhere near the first team.

Agreed. Unfortunately we don't have anyone else.

I don't think Gallagher deserves to start either, but he's all we've bloody got.

Edited by Exiled_Rover
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, Bohinen1983 said:

I'd hate to be a striker with the midfield we have. It's appalling.  70% of our strikers game is chasing and pressing defenders. We rarely cross it  or knock decent balls over the top or in the channels.   Even if you do win something, you play it back to Buckley who dillies and dallies then plays it backwards.  Worst set of CM's I've seen at the club.  

This is the crux of it to me. We don't give the forwards anything to work with.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

Agreed. Unfortunately we don't have anyone else.

I don't think Gallagher deserves to start either, but he's all we've bloody got.

Vale and Burns are better than Hirst or Markanday, in my opinion. Gallagher might be better in a diferrent system.

5 hours ago, Miller11 said:

I can’t recall Mowbray ever throwing a centre back up top, unfortunately. Better managers have done it frequently though.

Dalglish utilised Hendry up front to good effect many times. Allardyce recognised it was more useful putting Samba up top than Maceo Rigters. And Hirst makes Rigters look like Haaland.

Mowbray did it last season against Luton away when he put Ayala up front for the last few minutes

• Like 1

It is starting to get worrying with the lack of effort and a coherent plan of how we are going to play ,this is one of the worst teams i have seen in a rovers shirt, it is diabolical to watch and I am starting to miss game and it is not bothering me I can see crowds tumbling if they keep playing like this they are not even attractive to watch when they win.

1 minute ago, chaddyrovers said:

Mowbray did it last season against Luton away when he put Ayala up front for the last few minutes

I remember it. Ayala looked like he was playing in quick sand. It was embarrassing. Totally ineffective. Centre halves are only any use up front when you can keep launching the ball onto their heads. Expecting them to play like a normal striker is foolish. Unless they are players as good as Sutton or Warhurst.

2 minutes ago, had.e.nuff said:

It is starting to get worrying with the lack of effort and a coherent plan of how we are going to play ,this is one of the worst teams i have seen in a rovers shirt, it is diabolical to watch and I am starting to miss game and it is not bothering me I can see crowds tumbling if they keep playing like this they are not even attractive to watch when they win.

You’ve got to think they are not playing for the manager. We are individually better than this.

• Like 2