BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Middlesbrough (h) - 29/12/22

Just now, JamieUK said:

Really enjoyed the first half - as a game of football probably most enjoyable since WBA/Watford? Shame about the second half.

A point on Adam Wharton - I don't think he was asked to warm up at all in the second half. Strange given it's usually 2 lots of 3. Might be mistaken but quite sure he wasn't out.

He was warming up, but didn't come back out after like the 60 minute mark - the point when you're thinking we need a CM on to replace one of the front four.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ianrally said:

Norwich are four points behind us with a game in hand. They were quick enough with a decisive move to get rid of Dean Smith. It will be interesting to see whether us or them finish the higher at the end of the season. 

Boro were bottom of the league not long ago; if our next result goes as we fear and they win, they’ll go above us. 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, booth said:

It could have been addressed in Summer, but we'll see what happens in January. If GB sticks to his belief that we're pretty much good with transfers for this season I'll be bitterly disappointed whether promotion is the aim or not.

You do remember the summer, right? Where we bumbled around for a month and a half without a manager?

1 minute ago, Ianrally said:

Norwich are four points behind us with a game in hand. They were quick enough with a decisive move to get rid of Dean Smith. It will be interesting to see whether us or them finish the higher at the end of the season. 

What is interesting about it? Did you, honestly, expect us to finish above Norwich as of the start of this season? 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, arbitro said:

I was annoyed with Tomasson for taking off our two most creative players and replacing them with two defensive midfielders

It was to ensure we saw out the game with a 2-1 defeat 🤪

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Ianrally said:

It’s inevitable it won’t be us. If only our owners were decisive. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

You do remember the summer, right? Where we bumbled around for a month and a half without a manager?

I remember that we've needed a decent striker since Summer 2021. As well as replacing the outgoing defenders that should have been the priority.

Edit: Also I'll be completely honest, my reply was for someone else not your post.

Edited by booth
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Reginald said:

What is interesting about it? Did you, honestly, expect us to finish above Norwich as of the start of this season? 

What expectations were in the summer is irrelevant.  Its what's happening now.  Norwich have been abysmal most of the season but now look like another team that could potentially push rovers out the play off positions when we have done so well up until November to cement a top 3 position. They're on the upwards trajectory as are boro and Sunderland whilst we are sinking in terms of results

Edited by roverandout
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Ianrally said:

You already know the answer to that don't you ?

So do most of us on this board, the Facebook wallers will just live in hope as usual.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, roverandout said:

What expectations were in the summer is irrelevant.  Its what's happening now.  Norwich have been abysmal most of the season but now look like another team that could potentially push rovers out the play off positions when we have done so well up until November to cement a top 3 position. They're on the upwards trajectory as are boro and sunder whilst we are sinking in terms of results

So you think we should be decisive by sacking a manager that by, your own implicit admission, is currently exceeding pre-season expectations?

1 minute ago, Reginald said:

So you think we should be decisive by sacking a manager that by, your own implicit admission, is currently exceeding pre-season expectations?

I think a few months ago things were looking fairly positive.  But his luck is running out. He's proven to be completely tactically inept.  I don't want him sacked sincerely but he's clearly not up to the job. My view is torn as I like him as a person far more than gobshite but he's not learning or improving 

• Like 1

Judging from JDT's post-match comments he's thrown Buckley under the bus and exonerated the officials. Looks like they won't even be contesting the red card so a 3 match ban stands. An idiotic approach that certainly won't go down well with the players.

• Like 6

32 minutes ago, Sweaty Gussets said:

The referee went to Carr Hill school, lives in Freckleton. Rumours of him being a Nobber. His brother played for B'pool. 

Bit too close geographically for comfort really. 

He’s not a Preston fan I can tell you that. He did go to Carr Hill, end of the day the fourth official made the call. He didn’t see it. 

The red card was about as aggressive as when two opponents slap each other's arses after a challenge or when a keeper playfully slaps a teammate on the back of the head. It was naive - sure, but how that can be deemed a red when the players laughed after. The ref went with the advice he was given and probably isn't best pleased when he sees it back.

Good job that 4th official wasn't at the World Cup (especially Argentina vs Holland) as that game would have been abandoned due to 29 red cards. The Argentina player literally smashed the ball at the Dutch bench after a foul, and wasn't even booked for it (Booked for the foul). Shambles officiating by a Billy Big Bollocks 4th official. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, roverandout said:

I think a few months ago things were looking fairly positive.  But his luck is running out. He's proven to be completely tactically inept.  I don't want him sacked sincerely but he's clearly not up to the job. My view is torn as I like him as a person far more than gobshite but he's not learning or improving 

I think it's fair to say this team is currently over achieving. We can all see the limitations in key positions, so why would you think that JDT can't?

I just can't understand the insistent clamour to sack a manager who has, so far, exceeded expectations, without giving him the opportunity of at least one (and, realistically, two or three) transfer windows to correct the obvious weaknesses.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, arbitro said:

An appeal would be futile and a waste of money. It's violent conduct and it can't be dressed up as anything else. Buckley was stupid and so unprofessional.

Exactly.  If I throw a cup at a fellow employee's head, it's instant dismissal.  

7 minutes ago, Doogs said:

JDT Needs to go...

Crazy talk. A lot of room for growth in our current squad. He needs more backing in the transfer market and think we’ll see a couple of bodies replaced. Travis and Ayala gone in the summer and BBD now if replacements are lined up. 

Buckley’s red card sums up a lot of our players generally. Petulant, snidey, immature, cowardly, undisciplined and moronic. Reminded me a bit of the red Malumbu got for West Brom soon after Allardyce took over there, but at least he had the balls to boot the ball with a bit of force. I don’t think the officials were left with any choice.

Better first half, with the goal being far more direct than the way we are being coached to play. Typical second half. It was obvious Boro would be a different beast after half time and after they scored so quickly there was only going to be one winner.

• Like 5