BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Cardiff City (h) - 1/1/23

5 minutes ago, joey_big_nose said:

Thought a really good performance that... We controlled the game well, defended excellently. Should have scored more. Cardiff were really limited in their opportunities.

I know quite a few folk are jumping off the deep end at the minute, but apart from the absolute travesty at Preston and getting beat by a Burnley side who are the best team in the league, generally we are defending  very well and picking up wins hence our league position over half a season in. 

I'll have a pint of what you're on.

• Like 2

The good thing is we have some great young talent in the team, Garrett and Adam can be special. Hopefully Dolan is back soon, he is very much included.

The less than good news is we are getting overburdened with injuries, and some replacements, like Edun today, are woefully below standards. At least track the opposition, what else are you there for?

Brereton has done his best the last few games to fly under the radar and not get noticed by clubs - so I really hope he signs a contract. What otherwise is his plan, to sit on a bench of a Prem team, lose all confidence and waste his career away?

I really hope GB is given some funds for January, and more importantly that he uses them wisely. 

• Like 5

If you look at their recent form grinding out 0-0 draws its no wonder it wasn't a spectacle.

The defence was superb today and I was never worried about conceding, perhaps also indicative of how shite Cardiff where too. No idea who a large proportion of their players even were, it was like they were bringing random GTA characters off their bench.

Dack showed glimpses again, he's getting there. Some of his passing was poor though.

Gallagher was really poor just passing it back to their players for the most part. Everyone else had a decent game really IMO.

Hope JRC ain't badly injured after seemingly sorting himself out.

• Like 2

• Backroom

Thought Garrett, Hyam, Hedges and Dack were all excellent today. Both in effort levels and what they did.

If those 4 can continue like that, and the likes of Diaz can get back on form, we'll be looking good again. 

• Like 9

A win is a win but feck me that was so unconvincing against a p1ss poor side.

Better from Garrett and good to see Dack get 90 minutes under his belt - hopefully, he can kick on from here.  Hedges a bit of a Tony Parkes type player - you don't half miss him when he ain't there.

Still think JDT is not for us.  We are in the main boring and uninspiring.

Only consolation of an early kick off and Rovers'win is I don't feel guilty about uncorking an early red.

Cheers and happy New Year.  "To improve is to change; to be perfect is to change often". Churchill.

• Like 7

5 minutes ago, Mercer said:

A win is a win but feck me that was so unconvincing against a p1ss poor side.

Better from Garrett and good to see Dack get 90 minutes under his belt - hopefully, he can kick on from here.  Hedges a bit of a Tony Parkes type player - you don't half miss him when he ain't there.

Still think JDT is not for us.  We are in the main boring and uninspiring.

Only consolation of an early kick off and Rovers'win is I don't feel guilty about uncorking an early red.

Cheers and happy New Year.  "To improve is to change; to be perfect is to change often". Churchill.

Agreed. BTW what is the red?

3 minutes ago, SIMON GARNERS 194 said:

The message to Pune Towers is simple and straight forward:

Back the Manager with hard Cash.

Agreed. We MUST add players. No way we can maintain the playoff place with all our injuries, and not adding a couple of players, particularly, in midfield. It’s not just injuries, we seriously need upgrades. Wishing we had a decent bench, too. 

Edited by WacoRover
  • Like 4

4 minutes ago, Staffordshire Rover said:

Buzzing with that win, not the greatest performance but it’s a win. Garrett, Dack and Hyam were the standouts for me.

How poor were the officials again! Also glad we never signed Kipre, he is a liability 

I was thinking the same on Kipre he looked like a slug and his only real input was dishing fouls out.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, SIMON GARNERS 194 said:

The message to Pune Towers is simple and straight forward:

Back the Manager with hard Cash.

They did in summer to be fair  To the tune of around £6.5m. However most of it went on Szmodics, Hirst and a RB who has barely featured.

The recruitment needs to be far better this month.

• Like 6

14 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Completely unconvincing but my god we needed that. Was a "must win" game if ever there was one.

How the fuck does Gallagher play every minute of every game unless injured? He doesn't have a single redeeming quality, at least Chris Brown used to attempt to put himself about  physically, Gallagher doesn't even do that.

Thought Garrett did well, game to forget, three points, move on.

Gallagher plays because the team's record when he starts is better than when he doesn't.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, WacoRover said:

Agreed. We MUST add players. No way we can maintain the playoff place with all our injuries, and not adding a couple of players, particularly, in midfield. It’s not just injuries, we seriously need upgrades. Wishing we had a decent bench, too. 

Quality players too and they cost money.

You can only take satisfaction from any win, it was a tough watch though. Hyam and Dack were massive positives. Diaz really does seem to be slowly morphing back into Brereton, the offside run in the first half was criminal with how good Dack's through ball was. Buckleys red seemed to be justified by the majority the other day, I'm struggling to think that anybody could justify their chap not getting one today for a hip high studs up challenge.

• Like 5

We all know JDT has a lot to learn but what separates him from his predecessor is players will be dropped no matter what status they have. Travis not coming into today really shocked me, although he’s been poor, thought he would have got the nod…  To get a young Garrett start ahead of you must be a sucker punch. It was the right choice because he had a good game!

We just need A Wharton to come back in. Feel he will get his chance again, along with Makanday @ Norwich. 

Edited by BankEnd Rover