BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Birmingham FA Cup 4th Round replay - 31/1/23

I thought the overall performance decent enough to win the game. When we pass the ball with a quick tempo we caused teams so many problems as I have said all season. That 15 minutes second half spell after half time was so excellent football to watch. 

Kaminski at fault for both goals and got lucky with another one. 

Morton was very poor today. 

JRC was our best player again and took his goal well. Takes up some excellent attacking positions. Dack was good and I like the way he drifts left alot to create space and time for him to influence the game. Thought Buckley was decent and Dolan had an impact. 

Didn't agree with taking Buckley off as I thought Morton should have gone off after his Yellow. Also I would have brought on Leonard and Vale on for Gallagher and BBD after 75 mins. felt both was shattered and should have been sub for me

• Like 5

A decent performance from Rovers, could have put the game beyond doubt with a couple of slick moves in the box. Our weakness showed for there second, they got enough space to park 2 or 3 buses in before they levelled. We need Hyam and Brittain back in defence our weakspot at the moment. I think it's time BBD was left on the bench, it's wayback before the World cup the last time he scored. Also he's off to Villareal in the Summer on a free. We need his replacement on the pitch.

Thought we were overall the better team and should have comfortably won. We created a lot of chances and played some really decent stuff. But... we made lots and lots of mistakes. Both the Birmingham goals came from multiple errors on our side, ans we never looked at all convincing defensively. 

I can kind of see what JDTs trying to do. But we definitely need a better technical centreforward to do it. Also like others have said we have to drop Morton. He really needs a rest.

JRC was excellent btw. Wonder if him drifting past players was a one off or something we will see more of. For a guy who was a liability two months ago the turnaround has been extra ordinary.

On the other hand Scott Wharton who was absolutely superb last season is now an accident waiting to happen. And that accident did for the Birmingham equaliser....

• Like 4

37 minutes ago, Upside Down said:

Who was being a brainless racist drongo?

Ban them, ban them for life.

Something like that has to happen, looking at the socials it's all too easily dragging the clubs rep through the mud. So bad we might as well just give them a bye into the next round 

Lots of slow and boring football in the main, Rankin Costello the best player and Dack a one man goal threat witb Brereton misfiring.

Central midfield is our big problem, @chaddyrovers you are becoming a one man fan club regarding Morton like with Vale, not very good and impossible not to assume that he plays to appease Liverpool. Buckley is too casual in there too. Kaminski had a stinker, Wharton is an accident waiting to happen and Gallagher continues to be a donkey.

• Like 7

5 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Also for the second cup game in a row, what is going on with the turnstiles. I missed the Khadra goal due to farcical queues, cant handle minimal crowds in the Jack Walker.

Queues when I went in at twenty to. Which I then contributed to trying to scan my bloody digital ticket!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, booth said:

Bonkers. Blame him all you like but he was covering for Mortons mistakes and switched off.

I think we can safely say Morton has an appearance clause - or penalty for lack of appearing.

Morton is getting worse with every game. Our midfield duo today were nowhere near the standard needed. 

It caused problems for our defence and attack. 

• Like 5

32 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

, @chaddyrovers you are becoming a one man fan club regarding Morton 

Abit of odd comment to post them after I have already commented that Morton was very poor and he should have gone off today not Buckley. 

34 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Lots of slow and boring football in the main

But about the 15 mins period after half time which we played very attractive quick passing and moving football? Did you not enjoy that? 

2 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Abit of odd comment to post them after I have already commented that Morton was very poor and he should have gone off today not Buckley. 

But about the 15 mins period after half time which we played very attractive quick passing and moving football? Did you not enjoy that? 

I wouldnt call it "very attractive quick passing and moving football" but it was improved. 15 minutes in 90 isnt enough. Watching us this season is boring.

• Like 3

Kaminski out of form which happens to all players. 

Didn't see the first brum goal but he was unsighted for their equaliser and made a couple of decent saves from Khadra ( fortunate) and Jutasommatavich. 

One of the best keepers in the league imho and if he was being poached many on here would be moaning about it. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

I wouldnt call it "very attractive quick passing and moving football" but it was improved. 

Really? It was brilliant to watch. When we play quick tempo with our passing we look very good. Created a number of great opportunities today with good passing and moving.

And no comment to say that your post about me regarding Morton was unwarranted given my already posted comment that he was very poor and should have been sub instead of Buckley

5 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Really? It was brilliant to watch. When we play quick tempo with our passing we look very good. Created a number of great opportunities today with good passing and moving.

And no comment to say that your post about me regarding Morton was unwarranted given my already posted comment that he was very poor and should have been sub instead of Buckley

You'd see the positives in a corpse with lipstick on, so easily pleased

• Like 1

Morton, Gallagher & Brereton were really poor today. Everyone else was probably decent enough. Purely based on that game, it's obvious that we need a centre midfielder and a striker. Would like to think that they are the positions we're targeting.

Trying to be positive, I thought Dack, JRC & Dolan were really good.

6 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Even if we take that we were brilliant as a given, which I disagree with, why do we play with a fast tempo so infrequently?

The Morton comment was a general one, I accept that today you have criticised him.