BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Birmingham FA Cup 4th Round replay - 31/1/23

1 hour ago, BlackburnEnd75 said:

Could be worth a try. Gallagher certainly not cutting it and Vale just doesn't seem to have enough at this level albeit he seems fairly well rounded.

Vale seems a likable guy, nothing against him, but I haven't seen him do a single thing in any game that worried the oppositions defence. Maybe a bit of pressing off the ball. But certainly nothing with the ball. Dolan on the other hand can scare defenders when he's running at them and has created and scored quite a few goals, while Markanday in his few appearances has shown real pace. I don't really understand why Vale is getting regular starts ahead of them.

I hate having a go at young players coming through, but genuinely flummoxed with Vale. I have a feeling even if he drops a division or two he will struggle to score many.  Hope I am wrong.

• Like 2

• Backroom
15 hours ago, Crozzy said:

Can we take a moment for the ‘Dack’s finished’ crew. Must be hard for them eating those words. Can’t be far behind our main striker for goals now with about half the games. Not bad for a has been hey?

I doubt there is even a single fan who is disappointed that he’s returned 

• Like 4

15 hours ago, Crozzy said:

Can we take a moment for the ‘Dack’s finished’ crew. Must be hard for them eating those words. Can’t be far behind our main striker for goals now with about half the games. Not bad for a has been hey?

Examples? I don't remember anyone saying he was finished. If any individual did, they got it wrong didn't they?

Don't make out it was a widely-held view though.

1 hour ago, 47er said:

Examples? I don't remember anyone saying he was finished. If any individual did, they got it wrong didn't they?

Don't make out it was a widely-held view though.

I didn’t think he was finished. My concerns were regarding his ability to get over the mental effects of having two really bad injuries, one after another. By the way he kicked the pitch side hoarding after scoring recently I needn’t have worried.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, joey_big_nose said:

Vale seems a likable guy, nothing against him, but I haven't seen him do a single thing in any game that worried the oppositions defence. Maybe a bit of pressing off the ball. But certainly nothing with the ball. Dolan on the other hand can scare defenders when he's running at them and has created and scored quite a few goals, while Markanday in his few appearances has shown real pace. I don't really understand why Vale is getting regular starts ahead of them.

I hate having a go at young players coming through, but genuinely flummoxed with Vale. I have a feeling even if he drops a division or two he will struggle to score many.  Hope I am wrong.

If strikers are off form not finding the net they are a hinderance not a help to the team. I don't think Jack Vale is ready for a regular first team place. Great to see Bradley Dack and Rankin Costello back on form. If we can get BBD back on form I think are chances of staying in the top 6 will improve a great deal.

Edited by RoversTilliDie

21 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I didn’t think he was finished. My concerns were regarding his ability to get over the mental effects of having two really bad injuries, one after another. By the way he kicked the pitch side hoarding after scoring recently I needn’t have worried.

If we can get BBD finding the net again, at last we will have an attacking force to scare defences. I am going for a 0-2 win to Rovers Tomorrow night Diaz and Dack.

4 minutes ago, RoversTilliDie said:

It's an early replay against Birmingham, 3 days after the 1st match. The rest of the replays are next week. I can only assume it's because our next Championship fixture is on a Monday night instead of the Weekend.

It is but I'm old enough to remember when all FA Cup replays took place the week after. It was only on police insistence (they said they needed ten days to mobilise officers and plans) and this then became the norm. It's only because Sky have all the power and control and they have insisted that our game against Wigan will still be played on Monday. It would have been more sensible in my view to put the Wigan game back to Saturday and play the Brum replay next week as it should have been. I'm at a lose to understand why Sky would want to screen Rovers v Wigan anyway but their grubby prints are once again disrupting our game.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I was one who criticised the manager for not giving him more playing time earlier! Because I felt we needed his skills.

On reflection though I guess the manger knew more than I did!

1 hour ago, RoversTilliDie said:

It's an early replay against Birmingham, 3 days after the 1st match. The rest of the replays are next week. I can only assume it's because our next Championship fixture is on a Monday night instead of the Weekend.

It's also because Birmingham are playing WBA on Friday 10th.

16 minutes ago, 47er said:

I was one who criticised the manager for not giving him more playing time earlier! Because I felt we needed his skills.

On reflection though I guess the manger knew more than I did!

If we're going to have a discussion about a player we've previously written off---how about Rankin-Costello?!!

What's happening there? Plenty called for him to be shipped out! You never can tell eh!

• Like 2

20 hours ago, DE. said:

Doesn't say much for the rest of our attackers, does it? Feels like we need to bin most of them and start again. Even BBD has been stuck on nine since bagging against Hudds on 5th November. Hasn't scored in seven matches now, although he at least has three assists to his name during that period.

Then there's Sam Gallagher. A paltry three league goals to his name (although some sites say four, either way rubbish), hasn't scored in nine matches and no assists to show for during that time either. In fact, he only has one assist to his name so far this season. Think we can put to bed the myth that Gallagher as centre forward will be a relevation that bangs in twenty goals a season. The lad is poor, get him sold and accept whatever loss we incur from the ridiculous £5m we paid.

It was four, he scored two against Boro. The others were against Brum and WBA.

50 minutes ago, booth said:

It was four, he scored two against Boro. The others were against Brum and WBA.

Yeah he somehow officially has managed to claim the Lenihan own goal at Boro.

Edited by Hasta
  • Like 1

If we do beat big club it will be a tough away trip to Leicester who will be look to the cup as important for their season.

Things continue to go well for that lot down the road, once they see off Ipswich, an easy looking tie and they should progress to the quarter finals.

After 12 years of these shocking owners, we seem to get less and less of the luck and there is nothing to be enthused about on and off the field.

Even little old Accy and Notlob have a chance to play at Wembley this season.

Desperate and depressing times to be a Rovers fan.

• Like 1