BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Birmingham FA Cup 4th Round replay - 31/1/23

23 hours ago, DE. said:

Doesn't say much for the rest of our attackers, does it? Feels like we need to bin most of them and start again. Even BBD has been stuck on nine since bagging against Hudds on 5th November. Hasn't scored in seven matches now, although he at least has three assists to his name during that period.

Then there's Sam Gallagher. A paltry three league goals to his name (although some sites say four, either way rubbish), hasn't scored in nine matches and no assists to show for during that time either. In fact, he only has one assist to his name so far this season. Think we can put to bed the myth that Gallagher as centre forward will be a relevation that bangs in twenty goals a season. The lad is poor, get him sold and accept whatever loss we incur from the ridiculous £5m we paid.

This is what I was eluding to when I said Dacks got to be close to our striker (Gallagher) in half the games played  

12 hours ago, 47er said:

Examples? I don't remember anyone saying he was finished. If any individual did, they got it wrong didn't they?

Don't make out it was a widely-held view though.

A few people said it on here and loads said it on Twitter when JDT wasn’t playing him 

1 hour ago, roversfan99 said:

Kaminski

Rankin Costello Ayala Phillips Pickering

Travis Buckley

Markanday Dack Dolan

Brereton

Subs: Pears, Carter, Wharton, Edun, Garrett, Hedges, Szmodics, Leonard, Gallagher

cant play that side as there is no Morton in it have you learnt nothing ?

• Like 2

Morton has been on the bench plenty of times this season, most recently away to Norwich, a couple of games ago.

I don't think for a second that there's any credence in that 'we're not allowed to drop him' rumour.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Andy said:

Morton has been on the bench plenty of times this season, most recently away to Norwich, a couple of games ago.

I don't think for a second that there's any credence in that 'we're not allowed to drop him' rumour.

In the league after his 4 initial sub appearances, only once since.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, OldEwoodBlue said:

We may field a weaker side to save ourselves for Wigan. Problem is we have seen it all before. We will get dumped out the cup and then our saved players will forget to turn up at Wigan. 2 must win games at a pivitol moment in our season.

With 5 full days plus a lot of Monday before the Wigan game we should play our strongest possible team to win this replay and progress.

A win tonight is worth £120k.

A win at Leicester is worth £225k

Also Rovers get half of tonight's gate plus a share of any TV monies and the same if we get to play Leicester away.

We are or so I read, skint, so progress in the Cup is financially rewarding.

There is also the other little matter, it's rather nice to win games.

Edited by AllRoverAsia
  • Like 5

I hope we see our strongest 11. 
Dack should play as long as he can. 

My thoughts on Brereton-Diaz the rest of the season: As long as he is working hard, & fit, wanting to play for the shirt & his teammates, I say play him, if he gives us a better chance of winning games. I’m more disappointed in admin. losing another player on a free transfer, than I am in Brereton.

My .02

5 hours ago, OldEwoodBlue said:

We may field a weaker side to save ourselves for Wigan. Problem is we have seen it all before. We will get dumped out the cup and then our saved players will forget to turn up at Wigan. 2 must win games at a pivitol moment in our season.

I'd be really pleased if they forget to turn up at Wigan, PROVIDED they remember to turn up at Ewood instead.

Momentum is with Big Club for this one. Not sure what our morale is like on the pitch, but Kaminski, Morton and Wharton have put in some poor performances in recent games, despite Dacky fizzing around like a teenager all over the pitch.

I think we will exit tonight, on the back of a generally poor outlook for the club.

Hope I am proven wrong, by a resurgent and proud team performance.

Not holding my breath....

Big Club 2 Rovers 0 😞

4 minutes ago, Bethnal said:

How do we find out if there’s a chance of watching this? Seems odd that neither BBC nor ITV are interested, given it’s their remit to broadcast it. 

Not that odd really, think both show one replay each, Sunderland v Fulham and Sheff Utd v Wrexham will no doubt get the TV treatment.