BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Appeal to EFL

1 hour ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Or wasting money on a lost cause. We do have form for it with the Berg case and the aborted plans to flog off part of Brockhall.

Then, even if any appeal was successful the deal may not be worth it if we're out of play off contention and/or the player doesn't wish to join us by then 

It's a good job you've got your sunny outlook to keep you going 🙂 

• Like 9

I may have missed this but have we admitted that we cocked up the paperwork for the Rochdale lad or was that transfer also part of the appeal to the EFL? Have we conceded that the transfer failed due to errors at our end ?

That transfer must have been very straight forward so no excuse for failure on that one. The focus on the LO'B transfer may be deflecting attention from this.

22 minutes ago, Crimpshrine said:

I may have missed this but have we admitted that we cocked up the paperwork for the Rochdale lad or was that transfer also part of the appeal to the EFL? Have we conceded that the transfer failed due to errors at our end ?

That transfer must have been very straight forward so no excuse for failure on that one. The focus on the LO'B transfer may be deflecting attention from this.

That striker we were desperate for has been swept under the carpet too.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Crimpshrine said:

Or we decided it wasn't worth adding extra expense on a player that likely was only going in the U21's anyway, especially as they've said he will join in the summer regardless.

O'Brien is the one that affects the here and now, and therefore much more important.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Crimpshrine said:

we were 7 seconds late...i posted a link to a lancs live story about it a day or two ago

• Like 1

I'm pleased that Rovers are keeping pursing the O'Brien over what appears from all stories out there the EFL asking for paperwork which seems unnecessary and the appears cock-ups with the paperwork. We all know who department that is and it isn't GB fault. 

5 hours ago, RevidgeBlue said:

As a minor point, seems to be a bit of an agenda building up without any foundation against the "Club Secretary" on here. I don't know him from Adam so I have absolutely no dog in that fight but someone I know that knows him says he is usually pedantic to a fault. Plus I would point out myself that issues of this particular nature haven't arisen previously.

Well others who know him have a very different story to yours. 

The paperwork is his fault and it appears that the errors were from him and his department. 

Edited by chaddyrovers

8 minutes ago, BigUts said:

I don't claim to be an 'ITK' in any way but a birdie told me tonight that the pendulum is looking like it will swing in our direction.

If only he’d played tonight. Morton and Travis are useless. At least the latter can at least put a tackle in though.

Edited by Gavlar Somerset Rover!
  • Like 3

6 minutes ago, BigUts said:

I don't claim to be an 'ITK' in any way but a birdie told me tonight that the pendulum is looking like it will swing in our direction.

Lets hope we could have this sorted by the weekend. The EFL have yet again took their time. They probably thought we wouldn't go all this trouble but we are doing so. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, BigUts said:

Considering that thus far it has been all in house for the EFL (initial decision and appeal) and they couldn't find in their favour..now that it has gone to arbitration, you'd think that favours us. 

But what do I know?!

1 hour ago, AllRoverAsia said:

The EFL have not "took their time", they made a decision on or hours after DD.

Rovers instigated appeal and re appeal, I assume we asked for arbitration?

It would appear the EFL have not blinked as yet.

So has the appeal decision been made ? Latest from Telegraph would infer we are still waiting EFL decision.

2 hours ago, DavidMailsTightPerm said:

So has the appeal decision been made ? Latest from Telegraph would infer we are still waiting EFL decision.

Yesterday there were conflicting stories leaked, one said it had gone to arbitration followed later by Sharpe, as above.

I have also read that the EFL declined the re appeal last Friday when Rovers then lawyered up, and presumed this had led to the arbitration avenue which would work for all parties as it shifts final decision to an independent body.

In short ... I have not the foggiest as to what the current state of play is.

One thing though, the can has now been drop kicked way down the road and so, maybe, has accountability.

I am though hopeful that full disclosure with a full timeline will come out of Rovers eventually.

Edited by AllRoverAsia
  • Like 4

2 minutes ago, AllRoverAsia said:

Yesterday there were conflicting stories leaked, one said it had gone to arbitration followed later by Sharpe, as above.

I have also read that the EFL declined the re appeal last Friday when Rovers then lawyered up, and presumed this had led to the arbitration avenue which would work for all parties as it's shifts final decision to an independent body.

In short ... I have not the foggiest as to what the current state of play is.

One thing though, the can has now been drop kicked way down the road and so, maybe, has accountability.

I am though hopeful that full disclosure with a full timeline will come out of Rovers eventually.

Totally agree, the longer this drags out the more accountability gets glossed over & eventually forgotten, so it plays into the hands of the people on the ground at the club that were culpable in this mess to push the appeal and now the arbitration angle. 

I just can't see how this ends with O'Brien being a Rovers player, shame as we really need to start taking these opportunities to get in the play offs as with our current owners we are unlikely to get in that position often. 

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

Oh forgot to say, mate of mine his wife works at the EFL....Says it's well known that Rovers are paying lip service.  We fucked up and that's it 

If that’s it, why hasn’t the appeal been rejected yet?

Of course it could already have been turned down and nobodies thought to let us know…

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

Oh forgot to say, mate of mine his wife works at the EFL....Says it's well known that Rovers are paying lip service.  We fucked up and that's it 

It’s probably worth screenshotting this, for when the decision is made public…

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, wilsdenrover said:

If that’s it, why hasn’t the appeal been rejected yet?

Of course it could already have been turned down and nobodies thought to let us know…

I didn't forensically grill him but seems to be right considering obrien is off to MLS

Edited by Sparks Rover