BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Watford (a) - 11/02/2023

4 hours ago, Exiled_Rover said:

No highlights I've seen (extended or otherwise) have shown the blatant dive for their FK. Poor, that.

If you watch the 15 minutes highlights shown on Sky Sports (the tv, not the website) its shown on there. Its a foul.

Edited by Hasta

26576FD6-E7BE-4A01-8F6E-142FDF104886.thumb.jpeg.8d3e09b2b2e79f4bc9526c9914393f8d.jpeg

Just perusing yesterdays programme. Fancy that a professional football club able to cobble something together 🤯. Anyway the point being I wasn’t aware of no4 and the shorts connection. Those 5 points should remind some rovers fans that we’re lucky to support such a grand old club and simply muddling about happy to accept the crumbs just won’t do. 

• Like 5

19 minutes ago, matt83 said:

26576FD6-E7BE-4A01-8F6E-142FDF104886.thumb.jpeg.8d3e09b2b2e79f4bc9526c9914393f8d.jpeg

Just perusing yesterdays programme. Fancy that a professional football club able to cobble something together 🤯. Anyway the point being I wasn’t aware of no4 and the shorts connection. Those 5 points should remind some rovers fans that we’re lucky to support such a grand old club and simply muddling about happy to accept the crumbs just won’t do. 

Fair play to Watford for their research..our history makes you proud in these dark times.

• Like 8

22 minutes ago, SIMON GARNERS 194 said:

Fair play to Watford for their research..our history makes you proud in these dark times.

It really does. My love of the club is pretty much only 1875-2011 and it keeps me going in the slightly waning belief that one day we will have a proper football club again. 

• Like 7

7 minutes ago, matt83 said:

It really does. My love of the club is pretty much only 1875-2011 and it keeps me going in the slightly waning belief that one day we will have a proper football club again. 

Amen matt83.

A decent point in isolation but it’s very concerning that we can now rarely see out the three points when we go ahead in matches. Flip that around (in the league at least) and it’s goodnight vienna 10 times out of 10.

I fail to see what we’ve got to lose by not at least having Leonard as an option from the bench. His tail is up and he simply cannot be any worse in front of goal than Brereton (I’m refusing to call him Diaz anymore), Vale and Sam ‘FFS’ Gallagher. 

Edited by Gavlar Somerset Rover!

6 minutes ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

A decent point in isolation but it’s very concerning that we can now rarely see out the three points when we go ahead in matches. Flip that around (in the league at least) and it’s goodnight vienna 10 times out of 10.

I fail to see what we’ve got to lose by not at least having Leonard as an option from the bench. His tail is up and he simply cannot be any worse in front of goal than Brereton (I’m refusing to call him Diaz anymore), Vale and Sam ‘FFS’ Gallagher. 

On the flipside, he comes in and does fuck all and his confidence takes a battering. I think they're being ultra cautious so I doubt we'll see much of him.

What I do find odd is that our attacking players haven't improved whatsoever under JDT, a striker himself by trade. Part of this is due to his insistence on them performing defensive duties too. Brereton was essentially a wing back at times yesterday as part of a back 6!

10 minutes ago, Ossydave said:

On the flipside, he comes in and does fuck all and his confidence takes a battering. I think they're being ultra cautious so I doubt we'll see much of him.

What I do find odd is that our attacking players haven't improved whatsoever under JDT, a striker himself by trade. Part of this is due to his insistence on them performing defensive duties too. Brereton was essentially a wing back at times yesterday as part of a back 6!

You can't polish a turd.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Ossydave said:

I bet he finds the arrival promo that Rovers produced where he bumps into Sam Gallagher and goes ‘ah a striker!’ very ironic now. 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, yellowsubmarine said:

Dack - back to his best, trying to create, link up play and of course good composure for his goal. Very happy for him.

The more I watch that goal the more I like it! So clever. Natural instinct would have been to just lash it but it could have been blocked. To take the defence out of it and give himself an easy roll in was just brilliant.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, 47er said:

The more I watch that goal the more I like it! So clever. Natural instinct would have been to just lash it but it could have been blocked. To take the defence out of it and give himself an easy roll in was just brilliant.

He’s got what you can’t teach players. Natural football intelligence.

• Like 5

34 minutes ago, Hasta said:

People talking about why our other strikers don't get chances. Watch the Rovers goal again and it's classic Dack. As JRC receives the ball and turns Dack is tightly covered by one defender with another one close by. Everyone watches JRC as he's clearly going to shoot. Dack isn't watching, he's backpedaling quickly into open space. 

It's simple but is the reason why he gets chances in the box and Vale / Gallagher don't. 

You can do that when your wide players have got up the side of teams. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 47er said:

Reminded me of that matt jansen goal away to Bolton  when he put the keeper on his arse then dinked it over him

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Hasta said:

People talking about why our other strikers don't get chances. Watch the Rovers goal again and it's classic Dack. As JRC receives the ball and turns Dack is tightly covered by one defender with another one close by. Everyone watches JRC as he's clearly going to shoot. Dack isn't watching, he's backpedaling quickly into open space. 

It's simple but is the reason why he gets chances in the box and Vale / Gallagher don't. 

Pretty basic stuff for goal poachers but it's another of footballs dying arts.

God knows what goes on in these academies but they seem to churn out robotic athletes and kill any flair and individuality in forwards and midfielders.

That's why i said with Thomas coming in like Giles last season our crop of forwards have no idea how to get on the end of his deliveries.  It's a alien concept to them over the last 5 years or so.

• Like 5

37 minutes ago, Hasta said:

I thought the disallowed goal showed the vast gulf in strikers’ instinct between Gallagher and Dack. After Wharton heads it across, Gallagher forlornly throws himself into a diving header but is two seconds late as ever, while Dack is already waiting where the ball is going to be.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, AllRoverAsia said:

Thanks to Watford FC via YouTube I found these 5 minute highlights, having missed the game live.

I'll watch the full game later.

Gallagher's header...... dear oh dear oh dear.

Total lack of football brain to head it back into the danger area when even a Sunday league player would have ducked under it or let it skim off the top of his head for a corner

• Like 2

4 hours ago, SIMON GARNERS 194 said:

But there’s ‘nothing special/unique about Blackburn Rovers’ according to our Marketing/Sales team.

Anybody with half a Marketing brain can see the wealth of opportunities right in front of them.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, SIMON GARNERS 194 said:

I think we all need to lower our expectations...we're simply not good enough for promotion on ALL levels.

Project no Promotion in full swing.

If we could get BBD back to anything like his best alongside Dack, I would say your talking rubbish. Carter had a good game which can only improve Rovers if it continues.

15 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

He has barely played there, surely it's worth a go. In Tomasson's really negative tactics, the wingers end up playing in a back 6. We couldn't sign a striker and none of the alternatives offer much goal threat, Brereton does usually and would not need to run back as much in areas that he isn't dangerous in. The current set up going forward isn't working, so there is no onus on keeping it as it is.

I would drop BBD for next game and play Hedges there. 

Yet we are still create some chances but we lack that Striker to stretch the play until the summer. 

I expected a comfortable home win yes because we have been appalling since Tomasson had a month with the players during the World Cup.

Watford form going into this wasn't great 7 points from their last 6 games. 

Watford were the dominant team and we didn't create much, it was backs to the wall (not sure how you can say well deserved when you didn't see the game) and it was frustrating to not keep a winning position but it showed some good spirit and is a good point overall.

I can say that based on the game I listened to on Radio Lancs, people comments at the game but I would expect them to dominate the game given their squad quality