BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Sheffield United (h) - 4/3/23

Sam Gallagher was tremendous again today, his work ethic is head and shoulders above every other player in blue n white.

He doesn’t score enough goals, but his defensive abilities are integral to this side and he was colossal today tracking back and defending. 

• Like 9

Complete performance and great 3 points. That’s as good as I’ve seen us play this season.  (Extra enjoyment as away with Dingle relatives who were expecting us to get smashed!)

Pears, JRC, Carter and Szmodics have all grabbed their chances with both hands. That’s good man management.

Good times!!

• Like 1

Just now, Gav said:

Sam Gallagher was tremendous again today, his work ethic is head and shoulders above every other player in blue n white.

He doesn’t score enough goals, but his defensive abilities are integral to this side and he was colossal today tracking back and defending. 

His performance today was the best I've seen from him for a very long time. All that was missing was a goal.

However his work ethic is shared by quite a number of his colleagues in this new version of Rovers.

• Like 5

Wel I watched the game and we did play well. However we need in the summer to boast our midfield and we need players who can take chances, it's easy to get too down when we play badly and too high when we play well. I think we will make the play off then it's up to whoever plays better and also as a bit of luck or run of the ball. If we do not go up the owners next season must give him the money he needs to buy the players the club needs

1 hour ago, R0verb0y said:

I'm no Technology Whizz, @Neilbristol, but used to have a similar problem when I lived in the catchment area of BBC GMR (Greater Manchester) so this might work for you. Do you have the BBC Sounds App on a laptop or mobile phone?

When you open that App, you'll find a list of Stations, including all the BBC Local Stations. If you click on Radio Lancashire, you might find the local commentary which I get as a resident these days of Blackburn.

Hopefully, that will do the trick for you. However, there may be another couple of hurdles, which will be more difficult, if not impossible, for you to get over. And they are: i) the contracts which the BBC signs which seem to prevent them broadcasting things like local sporting events to listeners not resident in an area likely to be interested in such an event.

So why would anyone living in Brizzle in his right mind be interested in listening to a Radio Lancashire commentary on the Mighty, Magnificent BRFC blunting The Blades?? Apparently the BBC's contracts people, it feels like occasional scoreflashes on Radio 5 are - thought to be ‐ enough for such listeners as them (you!).

The second hurdle is that because Radio Lancs broadcasts on different frequencies and DAB, you may find that the only Radio Lancs commentary you can get via the Sounds App is the one covering, say, Lincoln City vs. FleetwoodTown.

And, afaik, there's the square root of bugger-all you can do about that!!

Hope that either one of the above suggestions works for you or that there's someone else on here less technologically-challenged than me who can properly solve this problem for you.

Thanks so much. That's the issue I find when I put in BBC lancs on BBC sounds it plays until kick off then an automated message comes on saying it's out of area and live commentary can only be heard in area. Was hoping there may be another way! Your explanation helps me to understand why though so thanks for replying. Any other rovers fans have any suggestions? 

Great win today btw!!

2 minutes ago, Neilbristol said:

Thanks so much. That's the issue I find when I put in BBC lancs on BBC sounds it plays until kick off then an automated message comes on saying it's out of area and live commentary can only be heard in area. Was hoping there may be another way! Your explanation helps me to understand why though so thanks for replying. Any other rovers fans have any suggestions? 

Great win today btw!!

Download an app called “radio garden” and listen to “radio darwen” during games… 

• Like 6

28 minutes ago, AllRoverAsia said:

If the players are now who I think they are they will want to play in a FA Cup semi final at Wembley even if some fans claim that they are "not bothered".

The players will want that plus a playoff spot.

Agreed. Also today proves we can beat them! 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Sweaty Gussets said:

Interesting pre-match presser. Says the way we played against Leicester is indicative of the fact we may be better suited to playing Prem teams.

Also, obviously not happy with A Wharton in training given his answer that AW has to 'do more' to get back into 1st team reckoning. JDT said the same about Garrett a few weeks ago. 

Good to see high standards being set by the manager.  

Has he said much else about Wharton lately? Trying to work out what's going on with him!

1 minute ago, Neilbristol said:

Has he said much else about Wharton lately? Trying to work out what's going on with him!

He's played the last few U21 games, getting match fitness back.

Hopefully be ready for a return to the squad soon.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Miller11 said:

There’s real reason to get excited here. Things seem to have really clicked lately and this is the most enjoyable time to be a Rovers fan in well over a decade.

We were fantastic again today with every player doing their bit and some.

Buckley was fantastic first half, Dolan had them absolutely terrified so they had to resort to booting him, Thomas has been a revelation - his athleticism is massive.

Shout out to Gallagher… a proper target man performance today. While he can frustrate massively at times he’s in the side on merit at the moment.

Hyam looked like prime Hendry today, only with a more conservative hair do. Travis fantastic, but Pickering just edging those two to MOTM - lovely finish and a rock solid performance all game. 8’s, 9’s and 10’s all round.

How they finished the game with 11 men was ridiculous. Horrible side. McBurnie is an absolute wanker, but fortunately for us he’s an absolute donkey too.

excellent post Miller but on your point on Gallagher he played the target man role perfect today. Looks reborn in the last few games. won headers today

2 hours ago, Miller11 said:

Not even a booking! Ridiculous decision that. Thought it was bad as soon as I saw it, turned round to watch the replay on the telly at the back of the Riverside and it’s an obvious straight red. They really lost their cool as the game went on. 

awful refereeing that and hopefully he will be mark down on his performance for missing a clear red card. 

Sheffield united are a dirty team who when decisions don't go their way they moan and get nasty.

2 hours ago, wilsdenrover said:

Could we afford Thomas if we don’t go up?

Lets hope so. Guess it depends on them going down

2 hours ago, Crozzy said:

special mention to my friend who jumped up a couple rows behind us to the older gentleman who collapsed and helped give CPR, thankfully the guy came round soon after and walked away with the medics  

Good to hear he is ok and well done to your friend for helping the older gentleman 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, roverandout said:

Even though we outplayed Sheffield, that mug heckingbottom still refused to be magnanimous in defeat. He watched a totally different game if he thought his team were the better side.  He comes across as an arrogant smug tw*t

They were probably the better team for about 20 minutes in the first half…that’s it. 

I’ve never like heckingbottom.

• Like 6

Brilliant win today! I was a bit weary for the second half and would have probably taken a point. The way the lads came out and played though was phenomenal. No way on Earth we would have won today and the midweek cup game last season, we’ve got a terrific backbone to us and a tremendous fighting spirit right now and long may it continue!

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Neilbristol said:

Great win today btw!!

I’ve no idea if this would work, but is it worth trying changing the postcode on your BBC account to a Blackburn one?

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, AllRoverAsia said:

If the players are now who I think they are they will want to play in a FA Cup semi final at Wembley even if some fans claim that they are "not bothered".

The players will want that plus a playoff spot.

After the drudgery of the last 13 years, with a load of fans the age of teenagers having never seeing anything decent happen to the club. Surely no rovers fan would ever say there’re not bothered about an fa cup semi final at Wembley. Even if the worst happens and we collapse down to mid table if we get a day out in the capital for the semis of the fa cup it’s been a better season than any under the Venkys reign of terror.

The priority is defo getting into the prem not least of all to chip away at that £250 million debt but I’d question the credentials of any fan not being bothered. 

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, roverandout said:

Even though we outplayed Sheffield, that mug heckingbottom still refused to be magnanimous in defeat. He watched a totally different game if he thought his team were the better side.  He comes across as an arrogant smug tw*t

He does because he is exactly that.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, roversfan99 said:

"Not bothered" if we get to a FA cup semi final at Wembley. Mind boggling.

The fans do back the team, the atmosphere was excellent today. If the tickets notably season ticket prices were more resonaably priced then we would have bigger turnouts.

The fans was fantastic and the players/JDT acknowledge that post game. 

12,920 Rovers fans there today

1 hour ago, arbitro said:

The last few games have been different and today the penny dropped for me as to what I think is a fundamental difference. The last few games have seen some interplay between the centre halves but not the full backs who are pushing higher up as this is happening. Invariably it's a two v one with the centre halves against a central striker.That means that our opponents can't press too high as their wide players are deeper to stay with our full backs. Prior to a few weeks ago you could have tethered our back four with a piece of string and the full backs were involved in the square passing. 

Clearly this is not the only change as I believe the tempo and intensity is far higher than it's been for some time but this and some other subtle changes have been huge in my view.

You’ve nailed it, Tony. During the game I found myself wondering “Where are all the Pickering sideways/back passes onto Hyam’s weaker foot?”, the answer being he wasn’t there. 

• Like 4