BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Reading (h) - 15/3/23, 7:45pm

15 minutes ago, Sweaty Gussets said:

JDT said a couple of weeks ago that A Wharton had to 'do a lot more', or words to that effect, to get back in the 1st Team picture. 

The game yesterday against the Finnish team was only for an hour and Adam played the whole match whilst Scott got half an hour. The length of the game was quite innovative and ideal as we had players coming back from injury and several who had some minutes the night before. On the back of this I expect Brereton, Hedges, Morton, Brittain and Garrett to be in the frame to start against Reading.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, roversfan99 said:

If those rumours are anything other than fictional then that is a big shame as Wharton is a real talent and far more promising than Garrett.

He has played numerous under 21 games so time to get him in the side.

fictional? 2 well respectable posters have the same info plus JDT's comments about him

1 hour ago, Sweaty Gussets said:

JDT said a couple of weeks ago that A Wharton had to 'do a lot more', or words to that effect, to get back in the 1st Team picture. 

interesting comments from JDT and it suggested his attitude isn't right. Hopefully he can get back into the match day before end of the season

30 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Nobody who started on Friday night could complain if they were benched against Reading.

Maybe we should based it on a period of games not just one off game 

4 hours ago, Sweaty Gussets said:

A Wharton was brilliant against Blackpool, but then the following against Bristol City was a bit anonymous. I thought he was probably still feeling the effects of the midweek match but others have since said he was a bit lazy, thinking his talent would see him through against a harder working team. I'm not sure if that's true but perhaps JDT thinks the same thing and hopes that when he gets back in, he'll give 100% every game to keep his place.

• Like 1

A lot is made of that performance v Blackpool because he was outstanding but it wasnt just that game. He came on the week before at half time against Stoke and was our best player. He played well at Hull and set up the winner. He played well at Boro and then followed it up by scoring the winner against Birmingham. 

• Like 5

Am all for Adam Wharton getting the nod on Weds. We need to switch it up a fair amount from Friday's no-show in order to get the momentum back and confidence up heading into Sunday against the chip on yer shoulder heavy brigade.

Head - Rovers 2 - Reading 0

Heart - Rovers 2 - Reading 0

Hazard Warning Lights - Rovers 0 - 'Shoot' Ince tactical genius with issues 3

1 minute ago, unsall said:

Wonder if he’ll put Travis and Thomas on bench as both on 9 bookings and this is the cut off game for 10 bookings and 2 match ban. 

Good point. You would hope this fact is known to the club.

Edited by rigger

2 minutes ago, rigger said:

Good point. You would hope this fact is known to the club.

Yes and interesting is if Travis got booked he’d be out for the cup match and Birmingham games, but Thomas being cup tied he’d probably miss Brum and Norwich games.

5 minutes ago, unsall said:

Wonder if he’ll put Travis and Thomas on bench as both on 9 bookings and this is the cut off game for 10 bookings and 2 match ban. 

Very good point. Could be decisive in putting Garrett in who did well on Friday night, and bringing Brereton back in who did well. I also agree with Joe who said it might be a good game to go 343 and show we can change systems. 

13 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

If Thomas got booked would he be "suspended" for a game he is cup tied for or does it carry over?

And is Travis definitely on 9?

Thought they were both on 9, but he didn’t sub Travis for last 10 mins on Friday when 3 0 down, which I thought strange so you might be right, Sharpe will probably let us know.

13 minutes ago, unsall said:

Thought they were both on 9, but he didn’t sub Travis for last 10 mins on Friday when 3 0 down, which I thought strange so you might be right, Sharpe will probably let us know.

Just had a search and yes Travis only 8 bookings, explains why he wasn’t subbed late on Friday, so it’s just Thomas with 9…

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, SIMON GARNERS 194 said:

2-0 Rovers.   13,400

One of the most important weeks in the recent history of our Club,we need TWO massive efforts Wednesday and Sunday...full commitment and effort,no excuses!

I agree. I have been waking up during the night thinking about these two games and hope like hell that by this time next week, we are still in the cup and the top six.

Greedy I know, but we are more than capable of this.

• Like 3

The game against Stoke was always going to be a tough game, especially when their confidence is up. This team isn't good enough to win every game so we were always going to lose at some point. The big test of promotion is following up a bad result with a good one. This game should be a must win. Wonder if we could drop Szmodic deeper against a poor reading side.

Pears

Britain  Carter Hyam Pickering

Szmodic Travis 

Thomas    Dolan       BBD

Gallagher

Stoke away was never going to be a walk in the park, but boy were they up for it?! It was clear early on that it was going to be a bad day at the office for us. They brought us down a peg or two, to say the least.

On the bright side, at least we ended the game well. Given our recent results, it could be considered 'a blip' I suppose?

Anyway... We need 3 points against Reading, or we can kiss the play-offs goodbye. Hoping for a dominant win, but there's every chance we'll make it harder for ourselves than it should be.

Will predict a 1-0 win, BBD to score. COYB.

Edited by TheRevAshton

1 hour ago, lraC said:

I agree. I have been waking up during the night thinking about these two games and hope like hell that by this time next week, we are still in the cup and the top six.

Greedy I know, but we are more than capable of this.

That is not greedy at all.