BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Reading (h) - 15/3/23, 7:45pm

Fantastic opportunity to bounce back.

Rovers by at least 2 goals.

Wish we could play a Paul Ince team every week!

Can't even get evens on Rovers' win but money to be made if big and bold.

1 hour ago, Mercer said:

I'm big and bald.

Edited by rigger
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, Mercer said:

Like the kiss of death... can't you go back to saying we will lose every game which we then win?

• Like 4

18 hours ago, yankfan said:

Buckley’s scan results being faxed over by the same people handling transfers it would appear 

Apparently he only had his scan yesterday. I asked Rich Sharpe about it yesterday and he said the scan was yesterday 

• Like 2

Buckley is a real blow, and brings into sharp focus the Broughton O'Brien debacle.

Morton will come in, but so little cover now that he'll have to bring Wharton (A) in from the cold. About time. 

Broughton has done absolutely nothing of merit since he arrived. It really didn't mean enough to him to personally get those transfers over the line.

Will now quite possibly break our season....

29 minutes ago, tomphil said:

Although he was trying to bring in midfielders even though the gaffer and most of us seemed to prioritise a striker.

Yes. If we lost a striker (i.e. Gallagher as he is our only real central striker though BBD could be shoehorned in centrally) I think it would cause us way way more problems than losing Buckley. Not because Gallagher is a better player than Buckley (personally I think Buckley is very good if inconsistent) but that Buckley has a few players in the squad not far off him imo  (Morton, Wharton, maybe Garrett). If Gallagher went we are probably back to Vale really, or back to a false 9. 

I think if I had to take an injury anywhere in the team at the moment I would choose centre mid or wide mid, as they are the only roles we have cover for now. We did have four decent centrebacks but Ayala is injured a lot now so to lose another would make things very thin.

1 hour ago, garnersfags said:

Buckley is a real blow, and brings into sharp focus the Broughton O'Brien debacle.

Morton will come in, but so little cover now that he'll have to bring Wharton (A) in from the cold. About time. 

Broughton has done absolutely nothing of merit since he arrived. It really didn't mean enough to him to personally get those transfers over the line.

Broughton wasn't at fault for the O'Brien transfer but the administration team at Ewood Park ballsed it up

• Like 1

1 hour ago, garnersfags said:

I didn't realise Broughton was the Club Secretary and CEO too. 

• Like 1

Too bad about Buckley, I thought he had progressed well, and we could afford to send Morton back to Liverpool. It won’t happen now (until end of the season). 

With all the other injuries, guys are going to have to come through. We need some players like Travis, Gallagher, Wharton (when ready), to give us some of the best football of their careers. 

1 hour ago, joey_big_nose said:

Yes. If we lost a striker (i.e. Gallagher as he is our only real central striker though BBD could be shoehorned in centrally) I think it would cause us way way more problems than losing Buckley. Not because Gallagher is a better player than Buckley (personally I think Buckley is very good if inconsistent) but that Buckley has a few players in the squad not far off him imo  (Morton, Wharton, maybe Garrett). If Gallagher went we are probably back to Vale really, or back to a false 9. 

I think if I had to take an injury anywhere in the team at the moment I would choose centre mid or wide mid, as they are the only roles we have cover for now. We did have four decent centrebacks but Ayala is injured a lot now so to lose another would make things very thin.

I agree but he had identified a good midfielder there and i think the Stoke game highlighted just how much we needed someone like him. So Broughton can't be all that bad he was trying to bring in a player who was better than what we have and would surely have been a starter.

A complete 360 from Mowbray, Venus and their crew who would only sign back up players even when there was a limited pot available. He should've brought in a forward as well but not for the first time it didn't happen but i think he deserves a bit of credit for trying to get a good player in.

We could sure use him now.

• Like 1

He certainly doesn't deserve credit for "trying" to bring anyone in. Even if he doesn't directly get the blame for the O'Brien deal collapse, which he did actually take responsibility for, he does deserve the brunt of the blame for a generally very poor window.

Anyway, tomorrows game is not far off a must win in my opinion. With Millwall winning tonight and many of our rivals playing at the weekend whilst we are not playing a league game, it is a key chance in one of our easiest games remaining to get 3 points on the board.

• Like 1

On 13/03/2023 at 12:42, TheRevAshton said:

Had a look on their forum to see what they're thinking;
https://hobnob.royals.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=190189

Not much confidence at all on their end!

I used to think there were some on here who were pessimistic; but about the only thing missing from the Reading link above seemed to be the local Samaritans' number!!

• Like 1