BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Reading (h) - 15/3/23, 7:45pm

Yeah we should be aiming to win all of our home games. The two exceptions being Norwich and Burnley. Norwich and depending on how the table looks just not being beaten might be enough. And Burnley are burnley I'd love a win but just couldn't stand to see a repeat of November. Reading are shite with a shite manager. But have a couple of decent players who could hurt us if they turn up. Make a couple of changes to freshen things up. 2-0 rovers.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Danny O.Brien said:

Yeah we should be aiming to win all of our home games. The two exceptions being Norwich and Burnley. Norwich and depending on how the table looks just not being beaten might be enough. And Burnley are burnley I'd love a win but just couldn't stand to see a repeat of November. Reading are shite with a shite manager. But have a couple of decent players who could hurt us if they turn up. Make a couple of changes to freshen things up. 2-0 rovers.

We should be aiming to win all our home games, no exceptions.

• Like 7

I agree with Andy on this. This is as close to a “must-win” as it gets, a home game vs a bottom of the division outfit, who do not score on the road. 

Bb-D, Dolan, Thomas, & Szmodics- if there is a way to get them all on the pitch at one time, I would do it.

I will go for a 2-1 win, ugly, but we will savor a win just as much at the final whistle, as if it were 10-0 (well, maybe not!), a win is a win. 
COYB! 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, 47er said:

Carrol looked pretty brutal in the weekend's game, all elbows. Hope our centre-backs are up for that. 

Oh for one of the big men we've had in the past.

Carroll's height and physical presence worries me - he never really realised his potential - but on his day, with the right service - he can be difficult to mark. For certain our full backs will have to work hard to stop crosses into the box.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, DavidMailsTightPerm said:

Carroll's height and physical presence worries me - he never really realised his potential - but on his day, with the right service - he can be difficult to mark. For certain our full backs will have to work hard to stop crosses into the box.

He seemed more intent on terrifying defenders in his last game. Took out three and I only saw the highlights!

13 hours ago, Danny O.Brien said:

Why not Norwich? We've beaten them twice in their own backyard. Sunderland have just been there and turned them over as well. 

Burnley is a very tough game, but home games (especially given our home record) should all be targeted as wins, even if a draw isn't necessarily a bad result.

I said a couple of weeks ago - we need to win our home games and if we do that then there is little pressure on the away games.

Probably need 5 wins from 10 to secure a play-off position. 74-75 points ought to do it. Reading is must win given its at home and they are in disarray.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, DavidMailsTightPerm said:

Very hard to play against on his day. Huge powerful bloke that will throw himself at anything and steamroller anyone in his way. Set pieces a risk. If they're pumping long balls due to our high press it could play into their hands too and there's not many defenders in the world that would enjoy marking him.

8 minutes ago, SBlue said:

Very hard to play against on his day. Huge powerful bloke that will throw himself at anything and steamroller anyone in his way. Set pieces a risk. If they're pumping long balls due to our high press it could play into their hands too and there's not many defenders in the world that would enjoy marking him.

That is where a clever defender winds-up Carroll early-on, and it leads to him being sent off. 

19 hours ago, Sweaty Gussets said:

According to wiki you're spot on...there are just 367 seats unaccounted for (Ewood holds 31,367). I presume they are in the Riverside. 

Wiki is a bit out. Riverside is actually over 5k. 27 rows, 202 seats per row, less a few at one side. 

• Like 2

As close to a must win as we can get, as others have said, 5 wins from 10 SHOULD secure a top 6 spot and the next 5 are all very winnable. Win 3 in a row at some point between now and the end of the season and I think we're there.

Reading are injury hit.....alot of players out injured.... we have to take advantage of this on wednesday. After the loss away to Stoke we have to get ready and fired up for this. BBD and Brittain back in the starting eleven could be the key this game.

43 minutes ago, neophox said:

Reading are injury hit.....alot of players out injured.... we have to take advantage of this on wednesday. After the loss away to Stoke we have to get ready and fired up for this. BBD and Brittain back in the starting eleven could be the key this game.

I can recall a very much injury hit team coming to Ewood and spanking us, lets hope history does not repeat itself.