BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Norwich (h) - Good Friday - 7/4/23, 3pm k/o

1 minute ago, Neilbristol said:

Got to disagree. JDT keeps sayingthe same thing. He is managing expectations. We are a long way off what he wants from us. Not sure why he persists with Morton but clearly feels something there more than our youth. He says we have been punching above our weight all season in terms of the table position..he sees this as a long term project so if we don't make play offs this season that's not the be all and end all.

After being in the play offs most of the season it is the be all and end all now

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, J*B said:

There’s a huge problem with culture at Ewood if you ask me. I’ve said it before today and it’s not reactive to the current score line, but too many players are happy to accept not being quite good enough. The fans know what’s coming next when it comes to these games, it’s entirely predictable. That will take new players and a new culture before the issue is addressed which to be fair I believe GB and JDT are capable of managing. 

As a side note, having a number 9 that offers no threat is a serious disadvantage. When watching the second half watch how many times Gallagher connects with the ball in the 18 yard box. He misses headers and isn’t in the right place when balls are played in almost consistently. 

Absolutely spot on. It's like Conte said about Spurs for me, they like playing under no pressure. When they're asked to obtain a result or set of results to achieve anything they won't/can't do it.

Been the same since Hughes left for me with the exception that Allardyce was able to engineer enough results to keep us out of relegation trouble in the Prem.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, J*B said:

There’s a huge problem with culture at Ewood if you ask me. I’ve said it before today and it’s not reactive to the current score line, but too many players are happy to accept not being quite good enough. The fans know what’s coming next when it comes to these games, it’s entirely predictable. That will take new players and a new culture before the issue is addressed which to be fair I believe GB and JDT are capable of managing. 

As a side note, having a number 9 that offers no threat is a serious disadvantage. When watching the second half watch how many times Gallagher connects with the ball in the 18 yard box. He misses headers and isn’t in the right place when balls are played in almost consistently. 

Gally isn't a no.9 and shouldn't be wearing that shirt for rovers. Any other number is fine but he isn't out no.9. also he is consistently poor.. hope we get a couple of upgrades in the summer

• Like 2

Got in behind a couple of times but not a single shot... Norwich look dangerous on the break.

Id say strong argument to bring on Wharton for Morton and Sorba for Hedges.

I wish we had an alternative to Gallagher up front. Occupies the opposition off the ball but offers so little on it.

• Like 3

If we win, we win and we push on.

At the end of the day, JDT never promised us we'd get promoted in his first season; it's "a three or four windows' problem".

As I've said a few times this season, looking back at Rovers' history, this season reminds me of the mid-1950s when the arrival of a new manager raised hopes that we could get back to Division One straightaway. It took us four seasons, the Premier but we stayed there till the polio epidemic gave us a rotten start to our final season.

Nowadays, I reckon that if we won promotion, we'd be like most promoted teams these days and keep shuttling between the Premier League and the Championship till we found our feet in the Premier League.

Obviously I want us to be as high as possible - I'm as "Rovers till I die" as the next man - but it won’t be the end of the world if we don't win today or win promotion at the end of the season.

• Like 1