BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Adam Wharton

2 minutes ago, J*B said:

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/crystal-palace-keeping-tabs-on-blackburn-rovers-midfielder/

This is very much true - although it’s a crap source - and for those who can be bothered I said it was months ago. 

Maybe if he believes he’ll be benched in favour of another underwhelming Liverpool youngster, he’ll gladly accept the move.

• Like 3

On 11/04/2023 at 15:38, Colt Seavers said:

Totally agree. He reminds me a lot of Simon Barker when he first broke through. If he can score goals like Barker did we might just have something extremely special.

Barker was a very decent player, scored a few and combative but a little slow. From what little I have seen so far, Wharton looks to have the potential to be a lot better.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Penwortham Blue said:

Barker was a very decent player, scored a few and combative but a little slow. From what little I have seen so far, Wharton looks to have the potential to be a lot better.

Barker was a nice footballer with the un teachable ability to always turn into space and away from trouble. As you say he was a bit one paced but he made the most of his other abilities.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Adam needs to stay here and play for his club and keep develop. 

He will play less at Palace so what's the point in moving there? 

only weakness iv`e seen of adam wharton is he`s a bit one footed,other than that he has all  skills to be a top player,there is no point in him going to palace,he`ll play less there than he does here and there is all possibility he`ll get lost in their system after being loaned a dozen times,he`d be well advised to stop here,look what happened to connor mahoney

• Like 3

Unfortunately the manager hasn't played him enough this season for me to be able to see a weakness, which is an absolute travesty when you think we've had to watch so much of Morton. We can't afford to not play talent like his while we have it.

16 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Adam needs to stay here and play for his club and keep develop. 

He will play less at Palace so what's the point in moving there? 

They'd probably loan him out to a Championship side where he would play plenty. If he impressed enough, which I've no doubt he would, he'd then potentially get a shot in their first team.

4 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

They'd probably loan him out to a Championship side where he would play plenty. If he impressed enough, which I've no doubt he would, he'd then potentially get a shot in their first team.

He should stay here where he will play and develop here. 

Palace or any club would need to offer big money to get him anyway which do Palace really have? doubtful

pretty sure wharton does`nt get picked regularly because he does`nt do enough off the ball for jdt,like dack,he is`nt one to run around like a mad ****,he uses his football brain to get into space and good positions,in contrast  morton will run around a lot more,the fact he can`t tackle,gives the ball away a lot and always finds himself in trouble in the middle of the pitch is seemingly ignored by jdt,if you have to accomodate wharton,then we should switch to a 3/5/2 where he could  get others to do the running for him,it`s vital we  get him in the side next season,players with his vision and passing skills will win you games and get you a big payday when the top clubs come sniffing

29 minutes ago, Ghost7 said:

Unfortunately the manager hasn't played him enough this season for me to be able to see a weakness, which is an absolute travesty when you think we've had to watch so much of Morton. We can't afford to not play talent like his while we have it.

Maybe he can move on and get a loan back.  Should secure more gametime at Blackburn if he is owned by another club.

• Like 3

40 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Palace or any club would need to offer big money to get him anyway which do Palace really have? doubtful

Why should he stay here though? I've just said he'll likely be loaned out if he goes there, to another Championship club, where he would play (maybe more than he's playing here, which isn't a lot) and develop. Whilst earning a bigger wage. So why should he stay here, other than that we'd like him to?

14 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

Why should he stay here though? I've just said he'll likely be loaned out if he goes there, to another Championship club, where he would play (maybe more than he's playing here, which isn't a lot) and develop. Whilst earning a bigger wage. So why should he stay here, other than that we'd like him to?

Isn't he Rovers fan? his brother is here and the big money will be there in a few years after he develops and learn his trade. 

Moving to Palace and London would be unwise move just look at Connor Mahoney as an example of it

1 minute ago, chaddyrovers said:

Isn't he Rovers fan? his brother is here and the big money will be there in a few years after he develops and learn his trade. 

Moving to Palace and London would be unwise move just look at Connor Mahoney as an example of it

Being a Rovers fan and his brother being here should help, yes, but being a Rovers fan certainly didn't stop Phil Jones moving at the first opportunity.

You've no idea if it would be unwise. Connor Mahoney wasn't half the player Wharton is. It could be the making of his career. Currently, the manager here is showing an inadequate amount of faith in him relative to his ability and the ability of those he's in competition with. Going to a Prem club, being loaned to a Championship club, could see him earn a lot more game time rather than less. Like say, Morton has.

I'm not saying he should go, just saying it certainly isn't as cut and dry as you make it sound.

• Like 1

Just get him onto the first team for the rest of the season. He's so talented but he's only 18. We need his talent right now, but I'm sure a bit of game time will do wonders for the team and his relationship with JDT.

He's also on a 5 year contract and Broughton is in charge of transfers not JDT. Why would Broughton flog our biggest talent? 

11 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

Being a Rovers fan and his brother being here should help, yes, but being a Rovers fan certainly didn't stop Phil Jones moving at the first opportunity.

You've no idea if it would be unwise. Connor Mahoney wasn't half the player Wharton is. It could be the making of his career. Currently, the manager here is showing an inadequate amount of faith in him relative to his ability and the ability of those he's in competition with. Going to a Prem club, being loaned to a Championship club, could see him earn a lot more game time rather than less. Like say, Morton has.

I'm not saying he should go, just saying it certainly isn't as cut and dry as you make it sound.

JDT has his reasons why he hasn't feature as much as some would like but staying here would be his best decision for his career. Look at Sunderland's Jack Clarke who went from Leeds to Spurs for big money then never made it there back in League 1 at Sunderland. Similar with Patrick Roberts. 

23 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

JDT has his reasons why he hasn't feature as much as some would like but staying here would be his best decision for his career. Look at Sunderland's Jack Clarke who went from Leeds to Spurs for big money then never made it there back in League 1 at Sunderland. Similar with Patrick Roberts. 

So the manager barely plays him, but he should stay here?

Again you're not actually giving any counter-argument Chaddy, you're just insisting he should stay without any reason. Yes, moving clubs can go wrong, it can also go right. You mentioned Connor Mahoney, well I could say look at Jack O'Connell. You say look at Jack Clarke, I could say look at Jude Bellingham. Patrick Roberts, ok, but also Harvey Elliott.

• Like 1

It’s simple for me now, start Adam in the next two, as we are in the last chance saloon and need to try something different. I was genuinely both shocked and gutted that he didn’t start, last night. 

• Like 7

• Moderation Lead
3 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Money, more minutes on the pitch (whether that’s at Palace or a Championship loan). It’s clear as day he should be starting over Morton. He might well be feeling annoyed about his lack of minutes and he’s not the only one.

• Like 1