BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Hull City (h) 15/4/23 @ 19.45pm

18 minutes ago, booth said:

Agree on the first, but Carter was poor against Huddersfield in the first half.

S Wharton was a liability when he was last in the side. I don’t see any reason to bring him back 

• Like 2

Whatever happens on Saturday, this trip down memory lane with PP and Toffs etc, has brought memories flooding back of yesteryear in Blackburn town centre.

My Saturday night out round these places, were usually after a 90 minute run around the Pleasington football pitches, or Griffin, or even mill hill St Peters. I can still feel those first 3 or 4 pints, hitting the sweet spot.

Wonderful days and even better when the combination matches didn't clash and I could go and watch my heroes in the famous blue and white halves.

COYB

• Like 7

3 minutes ago, lraC said:

Whatever happens on Saturday, this trip down memory lane with PP and Toffs etc, has brought memories flooding back of yesteryear in Blackburn town centre.

My Saturday night out round these places, were usually after a 90 minute run around the Pleasington football pitches, or Griffin, or even mill hill St Peters. I can still feel those first 3 or 4 pints, hitting the sweet spot.

Wonderful days and even better when the combination matches didn't clash and I could go and watch my heroes in the famous blue and white halves.

COYB

It was a grand night out in the 80’s, unfortunately everything seems to have been lost. We have our memories but unfortunately, the youth of today are left with nowt.

• Like 3

Kaminski

Rankin Costello Hyam S Wharton Pickering

Travis Morton A Wharton

Szmodics Brereton Dolan

Subs: Pears, Carter, Garrett, Thomas, Hedges, Leonard, Brittain

I feel like it is important to get more experience in the backline, we have been leaking goals lately and Carter has dipped, Wharton has not been at his best this season but was better in his more recent performances. Kaminski is a must.

Thankfully no mention of anything regarding Brereton after leaving Huddersfield in a protective boot, there is a temptation to go more attacking with Szmodics behind Brereton and either Hedges or more likely Thomas on the right, but I feel like the midfield 3 really helped us.

Definitely, 100% a must win.

• Like 1

For me we can and should just make the play off but we will not be going up this season. I do hope people behind the scenes are planning for next season with the players we want signed early we can be hope lol

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, des said:

For me we can and should just make the play off but we will not be going up this season. I do hope people behind the scenes are planning for next season with the players we want signed early we can be hope lol

imo we need 3 key players, a runner in midfield,a older,experienced  midfielder to hold it together and most importantly a centre forward with a goal scoring instinct,a prime danny graham would have been on 20 goals this season with the chances we`ve created,we could do with a few squad fillers as well,it`s a long old season

if jdt does`nt get backed financially next season we might as well pack it in and find something else to do,this is the best chance we`ve had of promotion since bowyer had rhodes,gestede and cairney in the side

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, des said:

Were over £11 million in debt, whats the use of making the play offs if we don't believe we can win them. Hull beat Millwall last week and beat WBA not long ago. They also lost to Reading and drew with Rotherham. Lets hope JDT doesn't throw caution to the wind and play defensive, we need an aggresive attacking formation, scoring goals wins matches.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, WacoRover said:

I still think Tomasson is pulling off a minor miracle, having this bunch in one of the playoff places, this late in the season.

I don’t know what will happen Saturday, this team is so hard to read. But, a comfortable win would cheer us all up immeasurably. 

I have seen this bunch play some great football at times.

• Like 1

Just now, roversfan99 said:

For much of the season we really struggled to create chances, albeit that has improved in the last couple of months.

We definitely need an experienced midfielder and a couple along the front including a proper goalscorer. I don't think a Graham type would be right for us though,

From what ive seen this season, we get to the opponents box in dangerous positions and half the time have'nt a clue what to do next, stick it in the net for Gods sake.

43 minutes ago, RoversTilliDie said:

From what ive seen this season, we get to the opponents box in dangerous positions and half the time have'nt a clue what to do next, stick it in the net for Gods sake.

We put some decent balls into the box often, but Gallagher hasn’t got the footballing instinct/brains to get on the end of anything. BBD is usually pissing about hugging the touch line or too deep. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Rover_in_the_South said:

Anyone know how close Ayala is to a return? 

I was wondering that. He's old and ugly enough to shore up our leaky defence, even if he does pish about with the ball under pressure too much.

1 hour ago, RoversTilliDie said:

Were over £11 million in debt, whats the use of making the play offs if we don't believe we can win them. Hull beat Millwall last week and beat WBA not long ago. They also lost to Reading and drew with Rotherham. Lets hope JDT doesn't throw caution to the wind and play defensive, we need an aggresive attacking formation, scoring goals wins matches.

Well if we make the play off we have a chance. And even if we do not go up the more games we play and in sky the more money the club gets

5 hours ago, rigger said:

Everyone was poor in the first half against Huddersfield.

They were two goals against the run of play thanks to some poor defending.

Even if it was your emotional response to being two goals down, it wasn't entirely true.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, booth said:

Even if it was your emotional response to being two goals down, it wasn't entirely true.

Were you happy with our first half performance, I know I wasn't.

1 hour ago, booth said:

Exactly…total nonsense to just say we played badly just because we were asleep for 5 minutes out of 45.

We were the better team first half and defiantly the better in the second. I don’t buy this goals wins games rubbish when judging a performance. We’ve won games this season where I don’t think we deserved to, I’d still say we played poorly…Cardiff home, Huddersfield home, especially Birmingham at home…

Edited by BankEnd Rover
  • Like 2