BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Premier League 23-24

54 minutes ago, davulsukur said:

Only seen the second half but Everton really are a poor team.

A couple of last ditch, bodies on the line defending is about all they have.

I agree there, Everton are an awful watch for the neutral and I don't think Dyche is getting the best out of his team. I thought he should have attacked that Arsenal team more today and put their back 4 under more pressure and give Beto more support 

1 hour ago, Ianrally said:

Is Sako actually English? He rolls around on the grass like a soft Latin. Has Jesus been giving him lessons? Stay on your bloody feet you soft arse. 

If Jesus has been giving him lessons, he should be able to walk on water. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, roverandout said:

About time English players gave in to the dark arts 

I presume you mean “if you can’t beat em join em”. That’s understandable but I still hate the diving and rolling around that’s so prevalent in the game. I don’t think they would do it so much on a muddy 60’s pitch for fear of getting their hair mucky. 😃

• Like 3

2 hours ago, riverholmes said:

Doesn't make sense to me - a midfield of Onana, Gueye, Doucoure, McNeil and Danjuma should be strong.

It does to me. The first 3 are spoilers, McNeil doesn't deliver enough goals or assists , and Danjuma is one of those who looks the part but scores sparingly.

Everton would be much better off if Calvert-Lewin could stay fit. 

I was just looking at the line-ups for Everton and Arsenal as Everton have some very obscure sounding players.

Gone are the days of a top Premier League squad containing names like Tim, Tony, Jeff, Colin, Graeme, Stuart, Kevin, Alan, Mike, Jason, Nicky and Bobby.

We had names like Vitaliy, Arnaut, Idrissa, Amadou, Abdoulaye, Nortberto, Youssef, Magalhaes, Oleksandr, Fabio, Jakub, Takehiro, Leandro and Filho on display at Goodison. 

Bring back the 90s 😂

• Like 1

I wonder if there are any Saudi football fan purists wishing the exact reverse right now!

The cause, of course, is commodification of human beings in a global market system where wealth is heavily concentrated in certain areas and in a system that demands instant results.

Edit: About migrating footballers, former Rovers youth footballer, Rostyn Griffiths has had an interesting career, taking him to Uzbekistan, India and China, to name a few. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rostyn_Griffiths

Edited by riverholmes
  • Like 3

37 minutes ago, riverholmes said:

Edit: About migrating footballers, former Rovers youth footballer, Rostyn Griffiths has had an interesting career, taking him to Uzbekistan, India and China, to name a few. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rostyn_Griffiths

I enjoy that game where you have to guess a player from his career path. I'd never have guessed this one in a million years.

Years Team Apps (Gls)
2006–2009 Blackburn Rovers 0 (0)
2008  Gretna (loan) 12 (0)
2008  Accrington Stanley (loan) 13 (1)
2009 Adelaide United 2 (0)
2009–2010 North Queensland Fury 23 (3)
2010–2012 Central Coast Mariners 48 (4)
2012–2014 Guangzhou R&F 34 (1)
2014–2015 Perth Glory 35 (5)
2015–2016 Roda JC 18 (2)
2016–2017 Perth Glory 24 (3)
2017–2018 Pakhtakor Tashkent 16 (0)
2018–2022 Melbourne City 82 (4)
2022– Mumbai City 22 (1)

8 minutes ago, davulsukur said:

What's the point in the prem now? Sheff Utd, Dingles and Luton get promoted from the Championship but then have to come up against a clubs like Oilcastle that can just pump extraordinary amounts of money into their club at will.

What chance does anyone have these days? 

You are correct, but that doesn’t take away from how abysmally terrible Sheff United are here. 

I need 1 Sheff United shot on target and 1 Sheff United corner here for a decent pick up, and the only way that happens is if they shoot from one of their kick offs and the keeper has to tip it over.

Edited by Hasta

2 minutes ago, Hasta said:

You are correct, but that doesn’t take away from how abysmally terrible Sheff United are here. 

I need 1 Sheff United shot on target and 1 Sheff United corner here for a decent pick up, and the only way that happens is if they shoot from one of their kick offs and the keeper has to tip it over.

Yeah they are what they are, a championship club (albeit a top end one) but at 6-0 up, Newcastle sub on £120m worth of players (just 2 fucking players at that) 

Time for the European super League, this is just a pointless hollow victory.

10 minutes ago, davulsukur said:

What's the point in the prem now? Sheff Utd, Dingles and Luton get promoted from the Championship but then have to come up against a clubs like Oilcastle that can just pump extraordinary amounts of money into their club at will.

What chance does anyone have these days? 

tell that to brentford and brighton,with the right planining you can easily survive into the top half

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, davulsukur said:

Survival is the right word and it won't last forever. They'll both struggle again in a few a seasons.

to be honest thats been happening since the football league/premier league was invented,it`s nothing new,im`e old enough to remember brighton in the old first division,they lasted 3/4 seasons before they inevitably went down,though they should have beaten utd in the fa cup final