BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Window - Rating /10

For the simple reason we didn’t meet the managers needs, a fact he has now confirmed.

Hard to argue we are any stronger than last season, despite freeing up a significant part of the wage bill. (Letting Dack go now looks a mistake)

Pros: 1. The keeper looks decent 2. Moran 3. Sigurdsson has some pedigree (though I do wonder if he wants to be here/heart is in it - was jetting off on hols this week) 4. Thank goodness we have a decent academy

Cons: 1. Total lack of experience. Showed today 2. Goals. We create chances but as we saw today we miss most 3. Very thin squad 4. Majority of the teams around us look much stronger 5. Why no ‘big’ prem loan? First season in a while

But the biggest issue I see is a throughly peed off manager. He is talented, driven and won’t hang around. Ultimately we got shafted by the owners and whatever reason/excuse they had for changing the budget.

Edited by Trinidad Rover
  • Like 5

34 minutes ago, Trinidad Rover said:

For the simple reason we didn’t meet the managers needs, a fact he has now confirmed.

Hard to argue we are any stronger than last season, despite freeing up a significant part of the wage bill. (Letting Dack go now looks a mistake)

Pros: 1. The keeper looks decent 2. Moran 3. Sigurdsson has some pedigree (though I do wonder if he wants to be here/heart is in it - was jetting off on hols this week) 4. Thank goodness we have a decent academy

Cons: 1. Total lack of experience. Showed today 2. Goals. We create chances but as we saw today we miss most 3. Very thin squad 4. Majority of the teams around us look much stronger 5. Why no ‘big’ prem loan? First season in a while

But the biggest issue I see is a throughly peed off manager. He is talented, driven and won’t hang around. Ultimately we got shafted by the owners and whatever reason/excuse they had for changing the budget.

“ Jetting off on his hols “ !  He’s been on one long holiday so far.

9 hours ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

Hard to score it anything to be fair. JDT asked for experience, we delivered fuck all. He won’t be here next season and who can blame him. Until those wretched owners leave us, we’ll never, ever progress. 

Case and point. It's a tough one to take. Only time will tell now

Difficult to judge right now but that in itself starts it off with a low score. None of our signings have made much impact and only Moran has featured really.

Tronstad might be getting up to speed with things but he was poor on his debut for the best part of 40mins and now he can't displace Travis or Wharton for a start and Garrett's getting subbed on before him.

Others have either been injured/unfit or signed on deadline day so haven't had a chance to play. 

If Leo can't get the gloves off Pears after yesterday, he never will.

Really hanging our hat on the new striker to be able to hit the back of the net with Sigurdsson and Moran to come good on the wings.

It could be a 4/10 or it could be an 8/10 but we won't know till later on in the season.

Right now it's a 4/10 with room to improve as the season goes on.

• Like 1

On 02/09/2023 at 22:20, Trinidad Rover said:

Anor sigurdsson has gone to visit family in Iceland during the international break has he not? Not a holiday 

On 03/09/2023 at 04:55, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

“ Jetting off on his hols “ !  He’s been on one long holiday so far.

Unbelievable. He's been injured and not played for ages and we've been expecting him to not only be available but also match fit post break. He won't be fully match fit for quite a while. Nevermind hols are so important for the pampered few.

I believe he's a crock with a recurring injury, up to him to prove me wrong.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ItsRoverZ said:

Anor sigurdsson has gone to visit family in Iceland during the international break has he not? Not a holiday 

Ok if it's a couple of days, he should be at Brockhall on a personalized fitness programme.

Some of our team were running in treacle by half time, Brittain in particular.

Edited by AllRoverAsia

Well I'm going to rate each signing and then come back and laugh at how wrong I was at the end of the season:

Wahlstedt - 7/10 - I think this lad must have something about him. Already a Swedish international and reportedly scouted by Manchester United and Liverpool previously. Fully expect him to be cemented as first choice by the end of the season.

Tronstad - 4/10 - From what I've seen so far appears to be a bang average midfielder with no particular stand out attributes. I'd not have him as a starter.

Ennis - 6/10 - From the glimpses we have seen, definitely looks like he's got something about him. But it's clear he's got issues with fitness/injuries. Expect him to get 8-10 goals this season - so not the big goal scorer we needed.

Telalovic - 2/10 - Good record at a very low level. Concerned that his advisors were apparently looking for a second or third tier team to take him on in Germany and they got no takers. Then along come Rovers'. Not expecting to see much of him at all and think he'll be well down the pecking order. 

Sigurdsson - 8/10 - Looking forward to seeing this one when he's fit. Expect him to come strong in the second half of the season.

Hill - 4/10 - As cover, he will be fine. But it's concerning how unimpressed the Hearts fans were with him. Expect him to be fourth choice centre half.

Moran - 7/10 - Think he be a decent addition and get at least 5 goals and 5 assists this season. Might take him a couple of months to get up to speed of the Championship.

Overall, I'd rate the window as a 3/10. I certainly don't think we are any stronger than last season, but that's due to a complete lack of budget. As little as I rate Will Keane, he'd have been a better signing on a free upfront if we knew we couldn't afford a decent striker. 

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

Well I'm going to rate each signing and then come back and laugh at how wrong I was at the end of the season:

Wahlstedt - 7/10 - I think this lad must have something about him. Already a Swedish international and reportedly scouted by Manchester United and Liverpool previously. Fully expect him to be cemented as first choice by the end of the season.

Tronstad - 4/10 - From what I've seen so far appears to be a bang average midfielder with no particular stand out attributes. I'd not have him as a starter.

Ennis - 6/10 - From the glimpses we have seen, definitely looks like he's got something about him. But it's clear he's got issues with fitness/injuries. Expect him to get 8-10 goals this season - so not the big goal scorer we needed.

Telalovic - 2/10 - Good record at a very low level. Concerned that his advisors were apparently looking for a second or third tier team to take him on in Germany and they got no takers. Then along come Rovers'. Not expecting to see much of him at all and think he'll be well down the pecking order. 

Sigurdsson - 8/10 - Looking forward to seeing this one when he's fit. Expect him to come strong in the second half of the season.

Hill - 4/10 - As cover, he will be fine. But it's concerning how unimpressed the Hearts fans were with him. Expect him to be fourth choice centre half.

Moran - 7/10 - Think he be a decent addition and get at least 5 goals and 5 assists this season. Might take him a couple of months to get up to speed of the Championship.

Overall, I'd rate the window as a 3/10. I certainly don't think we are any stronger than last season, but that's due to a complete lack of budget. As little as I rate Will Keane, he'd have been a better signing on a free upfront if we knew we couldn't afford a decent striker. 

More or less my thoughts also.

• Like 1

I'll split it in two.

The Egg - 5/10

Did what he could with what he was given. Didn't help that the budget of nothing was slashed halfway through. We sold two players and off-loaded the biggest wages and spent fuck all.

Revised this score due to the Buckley fiasco, though how much the Egg is responsible for this I don't know.

Venkys and senior management - -100/10.

Fuck off. Just fuck off.

Edited by Upside Down
  • Like 2

59 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

I’m hoping for abit more from telalovic tbh maybe a generous 5 but if he is a success it’s got the slow brereton feel to it and I’m less positive about Ennis. He would be a 4 for me.  He is going to miss a lot of games and I don’t expect much more than Gallagher offers from him to be honest. 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Upside Down said:

I'll split it in two.

The Egg - 7/10

Did what he could with what he was given. Didn't help that the budget of nothing was slashed halfway through. We sold two players and off-loaded the biggest wages and spent fuck all.

Venkys and senior management - -100/10.

Fuck off. Just fuck off.

I really want to hear his post-window interview as to the reason that zero experience was brought through the door. Now, I'm imagining this is a Venky's/Suhail thing, but his interview should give clarity on that. If it was a GB / recruitment decision (unlikely IMO) then it was a nuts.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

I really want to hear his post-window interview as to the reason that zero experience was brought through the door. Now, I'm imagining this is a Venky's/Suhail thing, but his interview should give clarity on that. If it was a GB / recruitment decision (unlikely IMO) then it was a nuts.

Apparently had a guy in for a medical but couldn't afford his wages.

So why the fuck would we let Buckley go?

I have revised my score on the Egg now.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LeftWinger said:

apparently looking for a second and third tier team? where this from? 

1 hour ago, LeftWinger said:

why does it really matter what Hearts fans really think? 

Shouldn't it matters what he does in Rovers shirt only? 

5 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

apparently looking for a second and third tier team? where this from? 

why does it really matter what Hearts fans really think? 

Shouldn't it matters what he does in Rovers shirt only? 

https://rp-online.de/sport/fussball/borussia/borussia-moenchengladbach-semir-telalovic-das-ist-der-stand-v1_aid-95849645

"Semir Telalovic's application was impressive: With 15 goals and 13 assists that he collected last season for Borussia's U23s in the Regionalliga West, the striker went looking for a new club in mid-July.
The hope of Telalovic and his advisors to find a place with a second or third division club has not been fulfilled so far"

I'm also concerned that people seem to think Telalovic is rapid/fast. I've seen nothing to back this up from the clips I've seen - so not sure where that is coming from. 

As for what Hearts fans thought of Hill - they didn't think he was good enough for the Scottish Premier League - which is surely a concern?

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

https://rp-online.de/sport/fussball/borussia/borussia-moenchengladbach-semir-telalovic-das-ist-der-stand-v1_aid-95849645

"Semir Telalovic's application was impressive: With 15 goals and 13 assists that he collected last season for Borussia's U23s in the Regionalliga West, the striker went looking for a new club in mid-July.
The hope of Telalovic and his advisors to find a place with a second or third division club has not been fulfilled so far"

Ok thanks

I'm also concerned that people seem to think Telalovic is rapid/fast. I've seen nothing to back this up from the clips I've seen - so not sure where that is coming from. 

That comment came actually from the player himself. here is the quote below:-

I’m a striker who is very fast and physical and love to be in the game, playing football and scoring goals. I think my physical attributes and speed will fit playing in England" 

Rovers switch an exciting step for me, says Semir! | rovers.co.uk

As for what Hearts fans thought of Hill - they didn't think he was good enough for the Scottish Premier League - which is surely a concern?

nope. why should it be concern at all?  Given that he was very highly rated when Fleetwood and Bournemouth bought him for a reason and he has 4 England u20 caps and 1 u21 cap so it surely shows some quality given the huge pool they can pick from 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, chaddyrovers said:

That comment came actually from the player himself. here is the quote below:-

I’m a striker who is very fast and physical and love to be in the game, playing football and scoring goals. I think my physical attributes and speed will fit playing in England" 

Rovers switch an exciting step for me, says Semir! | rovers.co.uk

nope. why should it be concern at all?  Given that he was very highly rated when Fleetwood and Bournemouth bought him for a reason and he has 4 England u20 caps and 1 u21 cap so it surely shows some quality given the huge pool they can pick from 

Thanks - hadn't previously seen the quote from Semir. Certainly seems confident in his own ability.

As for Hill - there are plenty of players who have U20/U21 caps that have amounted to nothing. Harry Chapman for one. I'm not overly concerned by the Hill signing as I don't think he'll play many games at all.

I'm more worried at the fact that unless Sigurdsson is top drawer - we've gone backwards from last season. 

41 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

It’s to do to with him doing the 100 metres faster than Usain Bolt at school or something. 

Regulars at Leyland will see plenty of evidence one way or another this season I’d imagine…

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

Thanks - hadn't previously seen the quote from Semir. Certainly seems confident in his own ability.

Fair enough

As for Hill - there are plenty of players who have U20/U21 caps that have amounted to nothing. Harry Chapman for one. I'm not overly concerned by the Hill signing as I don't think he'll play many games at all.

I think he might play more than we think. Wharton didn't do great in the situation for the 3rd goal either. Poor header from experience player. I would expect better. 

I'm more worried at the fact that unless Sigurdsson is top drawer - we've gone backwards from last season. 

We have to see him when he plays. From what clips I have seen he looks a class player. I think we might just have a special player on our hands here 

• Like 1