BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Blackburn End: Waggott Out

12 minutes ago, superniko said:

90%+ of the league are in the same boat. PNE have very similar finance sheets to ourselves. QPR lost £24m last year, West Brom are teetering on the edge, Birmingham are yearly looking like points deductions (Bellingham basically saved the club) with half a stadium in disrepair. Stoke lost £18m when you take away the owners wiping debt last year and Bristol City lost £29m (they actually lost £39m the year before too)! Cardiffs parachute payments ended and revenue dropped from £35m to £20m meaning they lost £29m! Reading took a few years to burst but it got there etc. etc.

Essentially parachute payments mean you're okay for a few years taking a gamble, then it's impossible to not make a loss in reality bar selling a once in a generation player (Bellingham), it just varies how big that loss is, unless you're a bigger income team perhaps (Leeds/Sunderland could operate to profit if their wages were controlled)

What we need to do is improve our commercial operation (ST sales are a drop in the ocean on our wider balance sheet so actually try and do something different like PNE / Bolton have done), and actually sell our assets when they're at their peak (Diaz, Rothwell, Lenihan)

Thanks 

51 minutes ago, JohnD said:

I wonder how long this can go on, perhaps the town can no longer afford football at this level?

I know who's fault it is and it's irrelevant, we are where we are.

How do other clubs manage? Those that don't have parachute payments?

Gate receipts probably, according to this, we are 3rd bottom in the division, ahead of only QPR and Rotherham

https://www.footballwebpages.co.uk/championship/attendances

2 minutes ago, KentExile said:

Gate receipts probably, according to this, we are 3rd bottom in the division, ahead of only QPR and Rotherham

https://www.footballwebpages.co.uk/championship/attendances

And why is that, ridiculous pricing structure and 13 years of seeing our beloved club, dismantled, brick by brick, lost supporter after lost supporter. There is a way but you need to engage with the fans, lapsed fans and the wider catchment area and not have a policy that looks to take the total cost base from the last attending supporter. We need pricing to drive volume (and revenue) like Bolton / PNE and not SWAG’s non growth, cost model which will only see further decline.

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, Penwortham Blue said:

And why is that, ridiculous pricing structure and 13 years of seeing our beloved club, dismantled, brick by brick, lost supporter after lost supporter. There is a way but you need to engage with the fans, lapsed fans and the wider catchment area and not have a policy that looks to take the total cost base from the last attending supporter. We need pricing to drive volume (and revenue) like Bolton / PNE and not SWAG’s non growth, cost model which will only see further decline.

I honestly think the lapsed fans have gone. People can only take being humiliated so many times, I honestly believe this clubs decision tomorrow night will send some people away forever too.

The criminal thing that people like Waggott have failed to realise is you may have lost the vocal disgruntled fans which may please them, but they are doing absolutely nothing to bring on the next generation of fans.

The owners/Waggott are merely a custodian of the club yet they are seriously putting the future of the club in jeopardy.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, JohnD said:

I wonder how long this can go on, perhaps the town can no longer afford football at this level?

I know who's fault it is and it's irrelevant, we are where we are.

How do other clubs manage? Those that don't have parachute payments?

It can't afford football at this level when it doesn't interact with the local fan base that's for sure.

5 minutes ago, Hasta said:

Remember we proudly refused more lucrative gambling sponsorship on grounds of morals, whilst signing up with a vaping company that even EA Sports refuses to allow to be displayed on shirts in its games.

‘We did all we could’, I had to travel all the way to Mill Hill to get them signed up !

• Like 1

When you make zero attempt or effort to market or develop the club outside the confines of BWD (even though it is a fact that a substantial portion of our support base lives outside BWD) then nobody associated with the Club can complain about attendances.

Make an effort - advertise, promote, transport - then you have the right to use numbers through the turnstiles as an excuse if they are low.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rovers11 said:

Losing £20m a year just to tread water in the championship. Pretty much every other club is the same though so this is more about the state of football than the running of the club.

When we sell Wharton next summer, the majority of that will go towards ensuring we are FFP compliant.

I think what you mean is when we see Wharton next summer the club will claim that the majority of that will go towards ensuring that we are FFP compliant.

But remember, just because shysters employed by Venkys say something is true, doesn't make it so, no matter how many times Elliot Jackson prints it in his newspaper.

2 hours ago, cesus said:

I honestly think the lapsed fans have gone. People can only take being humiliated so many times, I honestly believe this clubs decision tomorrow night will send some people away forever too.

The criminal thing that people like Waggott have failed to realise is you may have lost the vocal disgruntled fans which may please them, but they are doing absolutely nothing to bring on the next generation of fans.

The owners/Waggott are merely a custodian of the club yet they are seriously putting the future of the club in jeopardy.

I don't think the owners/Waggott want future fans ..

They are just trying to undermine the will of the present ones...What's more they have been doing it for 13 years and they are winning hands down...

What is their end game ??

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, Waggy76 said:

They are just trying to undermine the will of the present ones...What's more they have been doing it for 13 years and they are winning hands down...

What a fantastic post, spot on and the million dollar question 🤷‍♂️

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JHRover said:

I think what you mean is when we see Wharton next summer the club will claim that the majority of that will go towards ensuring that we are FFP compliant.

But remember, just because shysters employed by Venkys say something is true, doesn't make it so, no matter how many times Elliot Jackson prints it in his newspaper.

Not sure I understand this post. The accounts are publicly available...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Waggy76 said:

Close the Riverside to save money and close both for cup games, eventually relocate to a ikea kit style stadium on outskirts of town.  Academy and training ground all in one small site somewhere with everything else flogged to the ISSA brothers.

The future ?

I really wouldn't be surprised.

10 minutes ago, tomphil said:

Close the Riverside to save money and close both for cup games, eventually relocate to a ikea kit style stadium on outskirts of town.  Academy and training ground all in one small site somewhere with everything else flogged to the ISSA brothers.

The future ?

I really wouldn't be surprised.

If we were in a more affluent area I could see it, but I'm not sure there is that much value in Ewood and Ewood Park for it to be worth flogging.

The training ground absolutely, no surprises that Waggott had his hot sticky eyes on that piece of real estate within no time of his arrival. He'd absolutely love to get that land off the books and condense it all onto the playing fields behind St Marys' College or somewhere like that.

Instead they'll just let Ewood fall to rack and ruin and gradually mothball more and more of it until we are just left with the BBE lower and JW stand on matchdays. They've had this in mind for some time IMO and the awkward part is that 1500 or so Riversiders haven't succumbed to the temptation to switch to the JW stand.....yet.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Crimpshrine said:

I reckon we should all queue up outside the Blackburn end Tomorrow so they will need to deploy stewards and police there after all

In the  seventies, that's what would have happened and all hell, would be let loose . Messrs Bancroft , Keighley and Fox were true fans , not charlatans  and would never have allowed such sacrilege..

• Like 2