BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Ipswich Town (a) - 23/9/23

Those are some horrific goals. Pears cannot play the next league game, his decision making is Sunday league. He comes for balls he can't win then doesn't come for balls he should. 

We need to steady up and get an old head to sure up the defence .... oh yeah the owners wouldn't let us buy one!!!

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, tomphil said:

Brittain back at left back ?

I'm surprised Pickering doesn't get more stick he's another persistent weak link but Pears is getting all the heat at present.

Pickering is the weakest link. I have been saying it for over a year. Absolutely dirt. 

• Like 3

My thoughts and opinions on today game based on listening to Radio Lancs commentary with Mark Atkins and watching the goals from Sky Sports app. 

Disappointed result today especially after getting it back to 3-3 to lose 4-3 . The highs and lows off Blackburn Rovers today

All 4 goals are very disappointed to conceded them like we did. First one when isn't anyone closing down the player who scored, Pears mistakes for the other 3 which no-one including myself can defend Pears from valid criticism. The second one he should be aiming his kick down field not across the pitch. Third Goal, Too slow out to confront Hirst and the 4th goal is where pears should be catching that at very least. His punch isn't good enough. To answer your question @Mellor RoverI do feel and think its time we play Leo Wahlstedt in goal. 

We scored 3 good goals today and that's positives from today games. The attack scored 3 but as a team we can't afford to conceded 4 goals. Pleased to see Szmodics and Sigurdsson scored. 

I deffo don't think we will be involve in any Relegation battle this season. We have plenty of quality. I still think and believe the championship is wide open and anyone can beat anyone as today shows so the aim should be playoff place

I would like to see 4 changes to the starting line up, Wahlstedt in for Pears, Hill in for Carter, Tronstad in for Travis, JRC in for Moran.  

Wahlstedt

Brittain Hill Hyam(C) Pickering

Tronstad Wharton

JRC         Szmodics  Sigurdsson 

Leonard 

• Like 1

I thought Pears could have done better with all four goals.. Surely the new lad gets a chance now.

That's the difference between us now and last season.

If you cast your mind back Kaminski was pulling off world class saves left, right and centre. This meant we picked up a lot of wins we arguably didn't deserve. Pears just isn't as good as Kaminski.   Shots I feel would be bread and butter for Kaminski are flying into the net now. His positioning and decision making is also questionable at times.  He's a solid option off the bench but isn't a number 1 for a team that wants (?) play-offs...

Adam Wharton needs a rocket up his arse. He looks like he's running in quick sand.  No urgency what-so-ever.  He is also so sloppy on the ball.  I am not at all convinced by him.   I recall a young David Dunn coming through with his swash-buckling style of play- aggressive, urgency, skill and hardwork- Adam, at the moment seems to lack in all these attributes.   Too slow, too sloppy.  I'd be happy to sell him in January if a decent offer comes in.  

Still, lots of positives,  Brittain looks better with every game- in fact the defence in general looks good imo despite the goals against..

Carter is an absolutely tremendous prospect, has everything in his game to go and play at the very top. Some player we have there.

Travis, great too, happy he plays for us and not someone else.

I don't know what's happened to Dolan but with him not signing his contract and his current level of performance I'd be happy to get a few million for him in Jan.  Shame, but he can sod off he doesn't want to be here.

Thought Markanday was fairly industrious- didn't waste the ball, but didn't create an awful lot either. I'd like to see him trying to impact the game a bit higher up the pitch.

Gutted for Hedges- he makes a big difference when he plays.

I'd be tempted to start with something like this..

GK: Wahlsted
DL: Pickering
DR: Brittain
DC: Carter
DC: Hyam
MC: Travis
MC: JRC
MC: Szmodic
LF: Siggurdson
CF: Telalolovic
RF: Markanday/Gilsenen

Szmodic being industrious in centre mid, full backs pushing on

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, Sweaty Gussets said:

Unlucky today. Some great football, 3 goals and lots of positives to take.

Top 6 finish very achievable, once a few adjustments are made to the the midfield and Pears is dropped. 

I wish I had your optimism. 

We looked so open at the back and in midfield, even with a decent goalie we could've still let in 4+ if they'd had their shooting boots on. 

We're not gonna get anywhere near the playoffs if we continue to play like this. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Tugay-is-God said:

I wish I had your optimism. 

We looked so open at the back and in midfield, even with a decent goalie we could've still let in 4+ if they'd had their shooting boots on. 

We're not gonna get anywhere near the playoffs if we continue to play like this. 

Nothing new in that , 13 years and  not a sniff of the play offs !

Time the Venkys walked away ..

• Like 2

After today’s game, for a fleeting second I thought perhaps Mowbray wasn’t so bad (never liked him) in comparison to JDT. But let’s be clear, he had far longer and far much more cash to do better.

You can talk about formations, players, managers but ultimately, as we all know it comes down to Vs, SWAG, Pasha.

You pare down to the bone and you get this today.

Any of you more knowledgeable on here know if it may happen that the Venkys might turn on the taps again (similar to Mowbray getting his splurge of cash)? Never? If we go down?

28 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

i did`nt see pickering play in goal and was the cause for 2 of the goals

Over the last year he has been by far the worst performer...there is a reason every single team regardless of ability target him. He's way out of his league.

• Like 1

GET PEARS OUT THIS F*CKING TEAM NOW, PERMANENTLY.

How many points has he cost us this season already? Arguably 9 points in the past 4 league games. 

Terrible decision to let Kaminski go if this is the only alternative. JDT... SORT IT OUT!

• Like 4

Hedges potentially missing for a while.

He’s injured and he will be out for a while,” Tomasson told RoversTV after the game at Portman Road.

“I don’t know how long at the moment, but it didn’t look great to be honest.

“We’ll need to wait and see on the medical report and he will probably get a scan on Monday, but he could be out for a bit of time.”

Versus Boro you could see they deliberately targeted Pears on every set piece situation as they knew that was his biggest weakness from his time there. He needs dropping. I'm also concerned at how slow we look now, especially Carter, Hyam and Pickering have problems when the slow midfield central pairing get overrun. Travis has to find a balance and guide Wharton better in my view. Watching Hutchinson versus Pickering was painful.

We're creating chances but first half today was incredibly poor and we were lucky that it was 3-1 to them only. A newly promoted side...

Imagine a team with Morsy in CM winning direct promotion from the Championship. Think they'll drop down the table eventually.