BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

We are going down (the pessimism thread)

1 hour ago, DE. said:

I said before Millwall I felt we needed at least four points from them and Plymouth. We got two. Hard to see us getting another win this season, and it feels like we'll need a couple of surprise wins now to stay up - either that or two teams below us (Rotherham are already gone) go on runs as bad as us. Eustace hasn't had any kind of new manager bounce which obviously isn't a good sign. 

Well yeah, what is it now, two wins from nineteen, or is it twenty?

Feels like we're playing as beaten men. Millwall and Plymouth, those two were our most winnable games of the run in.

The manager is uninspired, the players deflated, short of confidence, with no guts for the fight in most cases. Our form has gone off a cliff and we've forgotten how to win.

We've not been in the bottom three all season. When we had a ten pint buffet I said I couldn't see us going down this year. But my god we're sitting ducks for those below us. And as soon as we drop into the bottom three, it's game over

• Like 1

it`s a special kind of **** up that reduced us from a play off chasing team  that required 3/4  players to have a right good go at promotion to the shambles that we are now,all in a season as well,this is venkys biggest **** up off all,i hope they all burn in hell

• Like 3

44 minutes ago, DE. said:

I said before Millwall I felt we needed at least four points from them and Plymouth. We got two. Hard to see us getting another win this season, and it feels like we'll need a couple of surprise wins now to stay up - either that or two teams below us (Rotherham are already gone) go on runs as bad as us. Eustace hasn't had any kind of new manager bounce which obviously isn't a good sign. 

This is the only thing that will keep us up but surprisingly I think it's the only thing I'm positive about with Rovers. 

We are disappointed at another poor result but Plymouth will be gutted that they didn't beat us. And let's be honest if you can't beat the utter shower we are when we are down to 10 you aren't likely to stay in this division. Birmingham have shown they do runs as bad as us already this season and with the awkward managerial situation they have there, must be considered a likelier bet than us to go down. Stoke haven't got it right in about 26 managers - including some good ones - showing they are pretty rotten and frail club too. Also Sheff Weds have nuts owners too, albeit not on the scale of us. 

A few other things give me hope we will stay up. Firstly our run has been atrocious and yet we are still not in the bottom 3. That's perversely impressive. Secondly there are so many clubs down there. Lots of candidates to go down. Lots of teams where a bit of bad luck with injuries or decisions and they are in the mire.

Finally closer to home having the league top scorer and still getting draws adds to my optimism. It's not acceptable form, would see us destroyed over a season but for this season may see us limp over the finish line. 

Don't misunderstand me. The owners are ro blame. The run is unacceptable. The squad is so poor. The manager is a dud. Maggot is a maggotAnd we will go down sooner or later if the club is run like this. But I feel this season we may well just sneak over the line and the club will herald it as a massive success. 

• Like 1

Feels like a miracle is needed to stay up. we needed 6 points from these two home games and only got 2. Very lucky today to get anything.

Us and Rotherham are on a highway to league one with all the other teams at least putting up a fight.

• Backroom
32 minutes ago, Blue blood said:

This is the only thing that will keep us up but surprisingly I think it's the only thing I'm positive about with Rovers. 

We are disappointed at another poor result but Plymouth will be gutted that they didn't beat us. And let's be honest if you can't beat the utter shower we are when we are down to 10 you aren't likely to stay in this division. Birmingham have shown they do runs as bad as us already this season and with the awkward managerial situation they have there, must be considered a likelier bet than us to go down. Stoke haven't got it right in about 26 managers - including some good ones - showing they are pretty rotten and frail club too. Also Sheff Weds have nuts owners too, albeit not on the scale of us. 

A few other things give me hope we will stay up. Firstly our run has been atrocious and yet we are still not in the bottom 3. That's perversely impressive. Secondly there are so many clubs down there. Lots of candidates to go down. Lots of teams where a bit of bad luck with injuries or decisions and they are in the mire.

Finally closer to home having the league top scorer and still getting draws adds to my optimism. It's not acceptable form, would see us destroyed over a season but for this season may see us limp over the finish line. 

Don't misunderstand me. The owners are ro blame. The run is unacceptable. The squad is so poor. The manager is a dud. Maggot is a maggotAnd we will go down sooner or later if the club is run like this. But I feel this season we may well just sneak over the line and the club will herald it as a massive success. 

I hope you're right, but for the past four months or so we've been neck and neck with Rotherham as the worst team in the league. Extrapolate that to another two months and I think it sees us playing League 1 football next season, and deservedly so. Ironic if the likes of Gallagher then leave due to contract expiry, as he might finally have found his level otherwise. 

To quote an old nemesis of ours - "miracles now, I'm afraid it's miracles now". That's how it feels, anyway. 

Of all the injured players, Carter and JRC are needed back the most.

We are still in the lap of the injury Gods- continue to have a bad run of absences and we are facing huge problems.

With 5 clubs below us and 3 within 3 points above us, we are looking for 2 of those 8 to perform worse than us in the last 9 matches plus Brum and Huddersfield not getting unlikely wins in their game in hand.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

We were gone when we gave Wharton to Palace. Everytime I look at the individual scores on the BBC site he’s the top player.

Looks like the new Palace manager is as big a numpty as ours. Last week they were 1 up against Spurs and he subbed Wharton, they then conceded 3. Yesterday 1 up against Luton and again he subbed Wharton and again conceded the win. 

• Like 1

This season is very reminiscent of the season Big Sam left and kean was appointed.

We were 7th at the end of January and went on a horror run of only 2 wins in out last 14 games.

We ended up having to win on the last day to stay up, although in reality we were never in any real danger of going down that day and that was down to the point buffer Big Sam has managed to get until he was ridiculously sacked in December.

Can see this season being similar, thanks to JDT's great work until December, and the other sides around us being complete dross I imagine we'll stay 2/3pts clear of it for the rest of the season.

Next season, like in 10/11 is the one to worry about.

• Like 1

This might be useful:

Teams that finished 21st in the Championship over the last decade

2022/23 - 22nd 44 pts. 21st: Cardiff City - 49 points. Gap between 21st and 22nd: 5 points.

2021/22 - 22nd 37 pts.  21st: Reading - 41 points. Gap between 21st and 22nd: 4 points.

2020/21 - 22nd 43 pts. 21st: Derby County - 44 points. Gap between 21st and 22nd: 1 point.

2019/20: 22nd 47 pts. 21st : Barnsley - 48 points. Gap between 21st and 22nd: 1 point.

2018/19 - 22nd 40 pts. 21st: Millwall - 44 points. Gap between 21st and 22nd: 4 points.

2017/18 - 22nd 41 pts. 21st: Bolton Wanderers - 43 points. Gap between 21st and 22nd: 2 points.

2016/17: 22nd 51 pts. 21st: Nottingham Forest - 51 points. Gap between 21st and 22nd: +2 GD sending Rovers down.

2015/16 - 22nd 40 pts. 21st: Rotherham United - 49 points. Gap between 21st and 22nd: 9 points.

2014/15: 22nd 41 pts. 21st: Rotherham United - 46 points. Gap between 21st and 22nd: 5 points.

2013/14: 22nd 44pts. 21st: Birmingham City - 44 points. Gap between 21st and 22nd: +15 GD.

Average 22nd 42.8 points 

Average 21st 45.9 points

4 hours ago, philipl said:

This might be useful:

Teams that finished 21st in the Championship over the last decade

2022/23 - 22nd 44 pts. 21st: Cardiff City - 49 points. Gap between 21st and 22nd: 5 points.

2021/22 - 22nd 37 pts.  21st: Reading - 41 points. Gap between 21st and 22nd: 4 points.

2020/21 - 22nd 43 pts. 21st: Derby County - 44 points. Gap between 21st and 22nd: 1 point.

2019/20: 22nd 47 pts. 21st : Barnsley - 48 points. Gap between 21st and 22nd: 1 point.

2018/19 - 22nd 40 pts. 21st: Millwall - 44 points. Gap between 21st and 22nd: 4 points.

2017/18 - 22nd 41 pts. 21st: Bolton Wanderers - 43 points. Gap between 21st and 22nd: 2 points.

2016/17: 22nd 51 pts. 21st: Nottingham Forest - 51 points. Gap between 21st and 22nd: +2 GD sending Rovers down.

2015/16 - 22nd 40 pts. 21st: Rotherham United - 49 points. Gap between 21st and 22nd: 9 points.

2014/15: 22nd 41 pts. 21st: Rotherham United - 46 points. Gap between 21st and 22nd: 5 points.

2013/14: 22nd 44pts. 21st: Birmingham City - 44 points. Gap between 21st and 22nd: +15 GD.

Average 22nd 42.8 points 

Average 21st 45.9 points

Teams have had points deductions in some years.

12 hours ago, AllRoverAsia said:

I came across this in depth analysis on YouTube which I found informative and it contains interesting stats and information.

The betting odds are pre Brum v Boro.

Screenshot_20240313-133333 (1).png

Beware the Ides of March...

Omens not good, and the form book and outlook for games to come pretty bleak too. 

We can go on about lies, damned lies and statistics, but at the end of the day having the second worst defensive record and being so reliant on one player to provide 'moments of magic' really doesn't help me to feel any confidence we can stop the tail-spin.

If we don't get anything from the next two games, for whatever reason, I'm inclined to think we'll just sink into oblivion.

Damn those VenkyRaoDesaiPasha scum.

Balls to Mr Stephen cut your granny's throat for a laugh Waggott

Feck them all. How dare they allow this on their watch?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Old Codger said:

Beware the Ides of March...

Omens not good, and the form book and outlook for games to come pretty bleak too. 

We can go on about lies, damned lies and statistics, but at the end of the day having the second worst defensive record and being so reliant on one player to provide 'moments of magic' really doesn't help me to feel any confidence we can stop the tail-spin.

If we don't get anything from the next two games, for whatever reason, I'm inclined to think we'll just sink into oblivion.

Damn those VenkyRaoDesaiPasha scum.

Balls to Mr Stephen cut your granny's throat for a laugh Waggott

Feck them all. How dare they allow this on their watch?

I don't expect any points away to Boro.

If we get a single point v Ipswich it will be something at least.

Our best hope is those currently below or near us do worse than us. Relying on others misfortune is a sad way to go in any venture 

13 hours ago, AllRoverAsia said:

I don't expect any points away to Boro.

If we get a single point v Ipswich it will be something at least.

Our best hope is those currently below or near us do worse than us. Relying on others misfortune is a sad way to go in any venture 

Yep completely agree.

Looking at this weekend fixtures, the only win I can see from anyone below us is Huddersfield at Rotherham.

• Like 1

Looking at ours and other teams fixtures, come the end of the season it would not surprise me to see a final bottom 3 of:

1. Birmingham
  2. Rovers
  3. Rotherham

Rovers can't keep not winning and those fixtures are brutal.

Based on recent form, Birmingham Huddersfield and Stoke are both below us and are in bad form which is reassuring.

5 clubs have to perform better than us in points and 4 clubs in goal difference.

Yes we have a tough run in but at this stage of the season clubs at the top can get the yips.