BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

We are going down (the pessimism thread)

The only glimmer is that we seem to play better against stronger opposition. I would rather be safe and looking ahead to next season in the Championship, but it looks like we are going to take it to the wire. Not a great fan of Russian roulette to be fair..and when we so often seem to spin the magazine to the loaded slot for our opponents, it makes me wonder if we are doing it on purpose. 

Said it before, we have no god given right to be in the Championship and at the end of the day the table doesn't lie, especially in the goal difference column.

Rich people sometimes have a very mean streak, especially when it comes to putting those they consider beneath them 'in their place'. We will get no assistance from the club's moronic owners, who don't even see us as a plaything anymore, but just a lingering reminder of their own vanity and poor judgment.

F-OFF VENKY RAO DESAI SUHAIL WAGGOTT MORONS 

• Like 2

We probably need 4 wins in 11 games.

I suspect at least one has to come by 5pm next Saturday.

I’d take 4 points in the next week and hope to get JRC, Tronstadt and Hedges fit for the remainder.

Edited by Hasta

There are just so many non-contributors in this squad. Good quality experienced players have been replaced by total inexperience. Telalovics, Wahlsted, Moran, Ayari, Ennis (since departed) Chrisene. NONE of those have looked anywhere near Championship standard. Occasional flashes don't cut it at this level. With the notable exception of Adam Wharton (not replaced)  the players promoted from the club's own academy - Garrett, Leonard - are eitherjust not good enough or nowhere near ready.

On 26/02/2024 at 22:42, Upside Down said:

It's been well documented that a lot of those comments are from very suspicious accounts.

And the rest are just morons.

It's probably AI-generated comments commissioned by Waggott

The bookies have shifted our odds.

I put a bit on us to go down when JDT walked and I can currently make a chunky profit by cashing out.

But I'll let it run; if nothing else, it'll be a small consolation prize in May.

• Like 1

I've said it for many, many weeks now. Not just when we have lost to comparable teams but because I look at the form table. we have been in the bottom 3 of that for a very, very long time.

We are going down. Rotherham, us and another- take your pick.

• Backroom
Posted (edited)

Our home form is going to be absolutely vital in the run in. We play the following teams at home:

Millwall
Plymouth
Ipswich
Southampton
Sheff Weds
Coventry

Draws won't be enough. We probably need to win at least three of these, maybe four. Might get away with two and a few draws if we get a surprise away result against Boro, Bristol City or Sunderland. There's a good chance every team we face at home is going to have something on the line. Probably no dead rubbers.

One win in fourteen, two in seventeen, shows the mountain we have to climb to stay in the division at this point. Good luck JE. If we don't get at least four points from Millwall and Plymouth then we're staring down the barrel. Two huge matches. Six points would give us a decent platform to survive - this season at least.

Edited by DE.

2 hours ago, superniko said:

6 points from the next two and I’ll be confident we’re staying up, 4 points and I’ll be hopeful, 3 points and I’ll be worried, less than 3 and we’re down. 

This is exactly it. I do not see another win until Sheff Weds at home after the next two and with our current performance levels, I barely see a point in many of the other games.

If we win those three, I think we very likely stay up.

On 23/09/2023 at 17:08, jim mk2 said:

The season is taking shape and I think it's time to look at the possibility that we could be in trouble

The squad is weaker than last season, it's inexperienced, it's lightweight, it's unbalanced, and it's struggling

We're shipping easy goals every game. Players are making costly individual mistakes. The goalkeeper is a liability 

Worse, the manager doesn't look like he's bothered and it wouldn't be a surprise if he left

I hope this thread can be consigned to the rubbish bin and we comfortably stay in this division, but I'm worried. 

Blimey, it was written a bit tongue in cheek and as a talking point for discussion only really but it's coming true sadly. 

• Like 1

Seen enough throughout the course of the season from this lot to know we are gone.

Hyam, Brittain, Buckley, Dolan, Sigurdsson, Pears and Moran. All bottle jobs.

Gallagher, Wharton and Pickering will battle but just don't have the quality.

Subs - nowhere to be seen. Owners - likewise.

• Like 2

For the hell of it, I have taken the last 5 games form, extrapolated and added a bonus 3 points for each team with a Rotherham game yet to play. 

Here is 10th downwards (and it is down)

Swansea 63pts

Cardiff 61

Birmingham 60

Bristol City 59

Sheffield Wednesday 59

QPR 58

Huddersfield 55

Millwall 54

Sunderland 53

Plymouth 51

Watford 50

Middlesbrough 50

Stoke 50 Down on goal difference

Rovers 45

Rotherham 19

For me it boils down to which of the squad would you want alongside you in the trenches when things weren't going so well?

Szmodics, Scott Wharton definitely.

Pears / Mcfadzean maybe? 

On that basis I'm not expecting a positive outcome.

I've dismissed relegation this season for as long as it's been a thought. Always thought next season would be the time with more budget cuts and sales of anyone that can generate interest.

Even now I look at it and think with the amount of teams below us everything would have to go against us to go down.

Lose on Tuesday though and I will finally be concerned I think.

What a mess.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, broadsword said:

If we do go down, What's the odds on back to back relegations?

If we go down I think the very real risk is that we'll fall apart

There was a very real chance of it happening last time, but TM (in fairness to him) did a very good job of reuniting and rebuilding aspects of the club.
Gets forgotten sometimes, but the role he played was absolutely vital.

We now have nobody at the club who is capable of turning this nosedive around.

Edited by Andy

1 hour ago, philipl said:

For the hell of it, I have taken the last 5 games form, extrapolated and added a bonus 3 points for each team with a Rotherham game yet to play. 

Here is 10th downwards (and it is down)

Swansea 63pts

Cardiff 61

Birmingham 60

Bristol City 59

Sheffield Wednesday 59

QPR 58

Huddersfield 55

Millwall 54

Sunderland 53

Plymouth 51

Watford 50

Middlesbrough 50

Stoke 50 Down on goal difference

Rovers 45

Rotherham 19

Nice job but giving us 3 points vs Rotherham may be a tad optimistic 🫢🫣

4 minutes ago, Roverthechimp said:

Nice job but giving us 3 points vs Rotherham may be a tad optimistic 🫢🫣

We have already played Rotherham twice- two 2-2 draws. 

The 3 point Rotherham bonus went to each of Bristol City, Swansea, Plymouth, Millwall and Huddersfield. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, philipl said:

We have already played Rotherham twice- two 2-2 draws. 

The 3 point Rotherham bonus went to each of Bristol City, Swansea, Plymouth, Millwall and Huddersfield. 

🤣👍

Says it all in a way - regardless of who the manager is we can’t beat the worst team in the league 

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, Andy said:

There was a very real chance of it happening last time, but TM (in fairness to him) did a very good job of reuniting and rebuilding aspects of the club.
Gets forgotten sometimes, but the role he played was absolutely vital.

We now have nobody at the club who is capable of turning this nosedive around.

He had about five times the budget of everyone else, you have to give him credit for the promotion but by the same token it would have been a  very poor effort had we not bounced straight back.

Too early to say if Eustace could or couldn't do something similar, I don't think people are cutting him much slack at the moment.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

He had about five times the budget of everyone else, you have to give him credit for the promotion but by the same token it would have been a  very poor effort had we not bounced straight back.

Too early to say if Eustace could or couldn't do something similar, I don't think people are cutting him much slack at the moment.

He's not getting much slack because he came out with a load of bollocks when he first arrived. 

Basically parroting the bullshit line that JDT was moaning. But he wasn't moaning, the squad was weak as piss and was weakened further still at every opportunity. 

As I said when he arrived, this is a win win for Eustace. If he does anything well then he's a miracle worker, if he does shit then everyone with half a braincell knows that it's 100% down to the owners. 

I think it's hard to really judge him at the moment, this squad is the shittest I've ever seen and if it weren't for Sammie being an absolute legend week in week out we'd be bottom by a long way.

Bear in mind that before we started getting shit loads of injuries JDT had us in the top six. Key players out and absolutely nothing to replace them with. We haven’t signed an actual goalscorer since Armstrong was sold. That was over three years ago. We've lucked out with others stepping up but this season the years and years and years of zero investment and dog shit management have really started to bear fruit. 

I am predicting now that we'll be relegated next season, regardless of what division we're in.