BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

We are going down (the pessimism thread)

9 hours ago, jim mk2 said:

We couldn’t beat Rotherham and nearly lost.  What more to you need to know? 

If the season started today, we would go down.

We still have a decent gap, and if Szmodics fires against some of the poorer teams then we have a decent chance.

I’m purely going off the table.

Putting goalkeeping issues to one side last season we had BBD and Gallagher tracking back to help the full backs. This season it's Moran and Siggardson (sp) who provide very little protection for the full backs. Both luxury players in my opinion and part of the reason why the defence is so porous.

• Like 5

7 hours ago, martonrover said:

Ten point cushion intact 

For now. QPR actually played pretty well and looked really dangerous after Smyth came on. Don't fancy Pickering against him in a couple of weks time when Chair will also be back operating on the other flank. No way are Rovers keeping a clean sheet with the current shambolic defending.

8 hours ago, Rogerb said:

Putting goalkeeping issues to one side last season we had BBD and Gallagher tracking back to help the full backs. This season it's Moran and Siggardson (sp) who provide very little protection for the full backs. Both luxury players in my opinion and part of the reason why the defence is so porous.

sigurdson should be playing through the middle imo,his first touch and finishing are very good,as for moran,id`e send him back to brighton,he`s been very disapointing

12 hours ago, Rogerb said:

That and we were much better defensively when JRC was playing over Wharton. For all Whartons quality JRC is a much better defender and tackler. 

On 15/01/2024 at 18:27, BarryMaguire said:

I reckon if we lose to Huddersfield the wheels have definitely come off and we will go down 

Even if we lose, I can't see Sheff Wed or QPR winning there games this weekend.

The 10pt cushion I think could last a good while yet.

47 minutes ago, MarkBRFC said:

I reckon they could both get a point this week. I probably feel a bit more confident in that than us getting anything off Huddersfield at the moment 

1 hour ago, MarkBRFC said:

If we stay above Sheff W we will survive.

They have out performed us, as in more points, over the past 15 games and over the past 4. The longest and shortest form guide I could find. 5 more points than us over the past 4 games.

They are also one of the most physical teams of those just above and below us.

Not one post in this thread after apparently one of the worst performances at Ewood in years. We are rock bottom of the table on points gained since December too. Is no one concerned? 

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

Not one post in this thread after apparently one of the worst performances at Ewood in years. We are rock bottom of the table on points gained since December too. Is no one concerned? 

With all the off the field carnage I think most are expecting this.

I mean, we've loaned out the club captain to avoid paying his wages. What else should we be expecting?

Total destruction from the top down is what is going on here.

6 hours ago, jim mk2 said:

I can't for the life of me see how people aren't concerned. Looks like the manager has lost the plot and the owners aren't interested in investing anything. 

If we stay up this season it will be because other teams don't win enough. QPR won yesterday and we should have been beaten by Huddersfield at home. The gap is down to 9 and we can't even buy a win.

• Like 1

The next game against QPR is crucial.

A defeat will obviously cut the gap to 6 points, its also Huddersfield/Sheff Wed that weekend.

I still hope there will be enough bad teams around us to save us.

Unless venkys go beforehand then I would say relegation in the next three years is inevitable. And it may be back to back relegations. They're not giving the club up, it must be taken from them. I'm terms of negative shit, I think all things are possible. I think the negative shit will have to happen before it gets praised from their death grip. I do think we're now beginning the last chapter of this tragic story. I just hope there's something left too salvage at the end.

I just look back at the Steve kean years and how pissed off I was then. If I only I knew that ten years later these parasitic thicko overprivileged bunglecocks would still be here still doing the same shit, I think I would've fallen to the floor in tears of utter despair

• Like 5

I don’t think we will go down, but I am very concerned about the future of the club. We’re where I expected us to be at the end of the summer transfer window, we have no feared strikers, three or four really good players at this level and a bunch of average ones. You cannot do a full season with a squad this small and inexperienced no matter who your manager is. 

• Like 4

I think we will go down if they don’t change the manager.  He’s out his depth at this level and other managers have us completely worked out.

His defensive approach to football is a joke and our record this season is an embarrassment. All of our defensive players have gone backwards in their development under his management.

I am utterly bored of watching us. I have never understood the hype around his style and 95% of the time it’s akin to watching a training match. If Szmodic hadn’t worked miracles this season we would probably be bottom 3 already.

Ewood has become so quiet on match days I reckon I could have slept through the second half yesterday.

• Like 2

He might also be in a position where he as to pay out his contract to quit.

There has to be a breaking point with him. I have no idea how he's managed to tolerate the absolute dog shit of a club that he's working for.

JDT has been lied to from day one.