BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

We are going down (the pessimism thread)

1 hour ago, jim mk2 said:

Any nerves out there? 

Jim, I think we are going down. I remember 1966 when we had really good players. Everyone kept saying,"too good to go down".  Ha!

If JDT doesn't change his tactics it's League 1 next season.

• Like 3

Just now, bazza said:

Jim, I think we are going down. I remember 1966 when we had really good players. Everyone kept saying,"too good to go down".  Ha!

He’s boxed himself into a corner with his signings, most of them are lightweight and can only play in a tip tappy system.

1 minute ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

He’s boxed himself into a corner with his signings, most of them are lightweight and can only play in a tip tappy system.

Neil Warnock would keep us up with this squad if he came in. Why? Because he knows what it takes to get a squad of players playing to their best ability.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

In my opinion this is a problem with the modern game.

Every club must have a ‘way they play’ and every player they sign must fit into that system.

Thats all well and good when it works, but when it doesn’t there’s nothing you can do about it (short of starting all over again)

27 minutes ago, bazza said:

1966 a great year for obvious football reasons but an awful year to be a Rovers fan. Took us a quarter of a century to get back. If we do go down to the third division again we won't return so easily next time

• Like 4

On 01/10/2023 at 17:47, Wheelton Blue said:

I genuinely think we're heading straight on into a relegation scrap.

We're so easy to play against and so easy to scrore against.

Tomasson needs to swallow his pride and look to grind out a few draws.

Three months later and nothing has changed. In fact, this post could have been dated a year ago.

I don't think we're going into a relegation scrap. We have enough good days when we click and it works. They'll come again.

But there is a characteristic of this Tomasson side that has been in place for over a year; how easily we collapse when going a goal behind. Heads drop and we just give up. Nothing is changing. In fact, is say it's worsened.

During Tomasson's time here, after trailing by a goal during any game at any time, we've won 2, drawn 4, and lost 30 times. That's a mental trait that hasn't been dealt with.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, bazza said:

Won’t be this season. We’re going down next season though without a change in ownership. Not a doubt in my mind.

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, goozburger said:

Three months later and nothing has changed. In fact, this post could have been dated a year ago.

I don't think we're going into a relegation scrap. We have enough good days when we click and it works. They'll come again.

But there is a characteristic of this Tomasson side that has been in place for over a year; how easily we collapse when going a goal behind. Heads drop and we just give up. Nothing is changing. In fact, is say it's worsened.

During Tomasson's time here, after trailing by a goal during any game at any time, we've won 2, drawn 4, and lost 30 times. That's a mental trait that hasn't been dealt with.

Shocking.

This problem of us being mentally weak is entirely on the owners. How can we expect the players to be up for a scrap when the club itself has absolutely zero ambition for promotion or anything other than just simply existing.

This club either needs to be sold or shut down. There is literally no point in it existing.

• Like 4

53 minutes ago, Waggy76 said:

That's what saved us in Saxton's last full season... Collapsed around December onwards and won a couple at the end ...

We had a few no - nonsense old bruisers back then.

If we didn’t have a decent cushion from the bottom three I would be seriously worried, because this squad is so physically and mentally weak, (add to that a dodgy keeper).

Still need to pick the likes of Rotherham off, or otherwise we could still get sucked in.

It’s a long season.

Edited by martonrover

On 27/12/2023 at 08:56, Upside Down said:

This problem of us being mentally weak is entirely on the owners. How can we expect the players to be up for a scrap when the club itself has absolutely zero ambition for promotion or anything other than just simply existing.

This club either needs to be sold or shut down. There is literally no point in it existing.

If Venkys walked away and simply gave the Club to new owners (hopefully local) they would save millions every year. Its a no brainer. No chance of ever getting their losses back.

Why hang on to it making cuts on cuts that take us father away from recovery than ever but still making huge losses?

I wrote years ago that the only protest that would have impact on Venkys is if nobody turned up.

It won't happen so we will simply die a slow death. At this moment, I doubt we will exist in 10 years.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, 47er said:

If Venkys walked away and simply gave the Club to new owners (hopefully local) they would save millions every year. Its a no brainer. No chance of ever getting their losses back.

Why hang on to it making cuts on cuts that take us father away from recovery than ever but still making huge losses?

I wrote years ago that the only protest that would have impact on Venkys is if nobody turned up.

It won't happen so we will simply die a slow death. At this moment, I doubt we will exist in 10 years.

I guess all the retards will have the answer to their question of where would we be without them when that happens. 

The real answer to that question is of course, above Brighton & Hove Albion. 

2 minutes ago, Upside Down said:

I guess all the retards will have the answer to their question of where would we be without them when that happens. 

The real answer to that question is of course, above Brighton & Hove Albion. 

Brighton's story always cuts deep with me. One of my best mates was a Brighton supporter and we used to walk our dogs together and talk football non-stop.

At the time (he's dead now) we  were in the Premier League and Brighton were in Div 3! He talked excitedly about all the plans Brighton had---new ground, Div2 by such a date, Premier league by such a date and so on.

I used to go along with it, thinking "he's dreaming" but it all came true! And to top it off, we are the ones now looking at the third tier! We are finished if Venkys stay. Everything they touch turns to shit.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, 47er said:

Brighton's story always cuts deep with me. One of my best mates was a Brighton supporter and we used to walk our dogs together and talk football non-stop.

At the time (he's dead now) we  were in the Premier League and Brighton were in Div 3! He talked excitedly about all the plans Brighton had---new ground, Div2 by such a date, Premier league by such a date and so on.

I used to go along with it, thinking "he's dreaming" but it all came true! And to top it off, we are the ones now looking at the third tier! We are finished if Venkys stay. Everything they touch turns to shit.

Honestly, if they'd have just closed the place down when they took over it would have been better than what we've had to put up with for the last 13 years. 

Year after year our reputation just gets run into the ground more and more.

• Like 4

Report says Rotherham outplayed Sunderland and unlucky not to win. As in the Prem, the teams at the bottom of the Championship have improved performances and results in recent weeks. I suspect many on here think that 3 points against Rotherham is a gimme. Think again. I don't see this patched up, inexperienced and often shambolic back four/keeperkeeping a clean sheet against this very direct Rotherham attack. 

3 minutes ago, alcd said:

Report says Rotherham outplayed Sunderland and unlucky not to win. As in the Prem, the teams at the bottom of the Championship have improved performances and results in recent weeks. I suspect many on here think that 3 points against Rotherham is a gimme. Think again. I don't see this patched up, inexperienced and often shambolic back four/keeperkeeping a clean sheet against this very direct Rotherham attack. 

rotherham will be practicing their set pieces in training given our current shaky defence they will fancy their chances as well,i still think we`ll win easily