BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

We are going down (the pessimism thread)

A fully fit, first choice, starting XI has enough to stay up.

The squad as it currently is does not. If we stay up it is on the manager and his coaching staff, it's a woeful squad, possibly worse on paper than the one we went down with.

55 minutes ago, Mellor Rover said:

A fully fit, first choice, starting XI has enough to stay up.

The squad as it currently is does not. If we stay up it is on the manager and his coaching staff, it's a woeful squad, possibly worse on paper than the one we went down with.

Looking back at previous relegations that’s a common theme, we never got our best 11 out then either. Guys either couldn’t or wouldn’t play

• Like 1

I'm yet to be convinced this squad is so much worse than last seasons which did well enough to nearly make the playoffs.

Dack and Ayala barely featured and you can argue are replaced with Hill and Moran/Siggurdson.

Diaz goals are a big miss but he may as well have not been here after Christmas and has been replaced with Ennis/ Telalovic/Leonard. Jury still out on both due to injuries/newness but Leonard seems capable.

The tactics are more of an issue for me than the playing squad at the moment.

44 minutes ago, roverblue said:

Diaz goals are a big miss but he may as well have not been here after Christmas and has been replaced with Ennis/ Telalovic/Leonard

Ennis : Poor injury record (Mr La-de-da gunner Broughton guilty of overlooking this).

Telalovic : Looking like a panic buy. Basically, like buying a player from an English club’s academy. Might come good in time. We don’t have time.

Leonard : Similar to Telalovic, a youngster who should be getting eased in, not chucked in at the deep end. 

• Like 3

I guess Dack, Ayala, Brereton and Kaminski were important and experienced voices in and around the club. I wonder who the organisers and leaders are now. Travis, I guess, and there’ll be others but not sure.

A sign of our issues is the developmental wall our young players seem to reach. Dolan, the Whartons, Buckley etc. had a steep rise and still have moments but they seem to stop improving or go backwards.

Is this because they were overrated in the first place and had a purple patch? Is it because there is over reliance on them at an early stage in the absence of support and guidance from experienced pros and the pressure and demands are too much? 

The more hopeful thought, is that if these youngsters could get back to improving, they could be really good players and lift the team.

Edited by riverholmes
  • Like 2

28 minutes ago, harryhealless1928 said:

Injury-prone squad(its only October), horrible set of results and completely baffling tactics by JDT are enough to worry any fan.

This "refusal to defend " attitude is ridiculous. No wonder Carter & Hyam are struggling. Why no 3 in midfield?

Its not as though all these attackers score regularly is it?

Just...change the system.

Wahlstedt 

JRC.               Carter.           Hyam.          Brittain

Tronstad 

Travis              Wharton 

Markanday.                                         Sigurdsson 
                                   Sammie 

• Like 2

On 05/10/2023 at 06:59, Mattyblue said:

‘The project is to be an established and sustainable Premier League football club’.

Aka, they were told by a spiv at a gathering that there was a club going that they could pick up cheap where they could breed footballers like chickens, and sell them on for big fees.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Displaced Rover said:

Need 3 players on international duty to postpone a game in L1 I believe.

Didn’t we sign Jason Leutwiler (?) as sub keeper purely because he used to get called up by Canada?

Think it is 3 yep. We used to have him, Mulgrew and there must have been one other that got called up....racking my brains as to who (without checking). Think it was too early for Nyambe with Namibia...

• 2 months later...

I think we are already in a relegation fight, if not for a Smodizc hot streak we would already be down there.

No hope of money in January either due to tax dodging owners and the squad can only get weaker should we sell.

Worst home record since Steve Kean and the 2nd worst defence in the league.

All points to a lowest finish since we came back up