BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

We are going down (the pessimism thread)

This season, it's so hard to predict how many points for safety as they are a shitload of teams in the mix for the last 2 bottom spots. All the teams below us has gotten at least 6 points in their last 5, except Rotherham. The faster we get some wins under our belt the better but we just totally forgotten how to beat teams. I just don't know where are we getting the wins from. Plymouth, Bristol city and Wednesday games are must-win for us. Hoping Leeds and Leicester will be promoted by the time we face them.

image.thumb.png.2df8e9986f2d26c12ef6fb66b54c4846.png

Last season. 22nd was 44 points
image.thumb.png.be434cf3ea86ec84b9e5e7e6fab7dda5.png

21/22. 22nd was 37 points
image.thumb.png.73f5a3a710c7af6b9e7d665c69c71abd.png

In my opinion it will be Rotherham, Stoke and Plymouth who go down

Saturday is an absolute must win. Or, must not lose

The sad reality is that we do not have that good of a squad. It comes to something when McFadzean has come in and looked a decent player. He was a bottom half Championship player in his "prime". He should be a league or two below now really

Edited by Dreams of 1995

As it stands Wednesday, Millwall, QPR and Huddersfield are showing that they have the ingredients to stay up. All are picking up points at a healthy rate. All still in trouble but if they keep doing what they are will be fine. 

The ones sinking fast are us, Plymouth and Stoke. Birmingham struggling a bit without Mowbray but are showing fight. Could have got a point with 10 men against Southampton and got a good point at Hull last night. So I don't see them going down.

Thing is that Plymouth have a good solid home record and will win games there against the poorer sides. So not sure about them

Think we are destined for the drop, only positive at the moment is we aren't losing every week and are getting a few draws but those could well cost us as they did under Mowbray when draws against Wolves and Bristol were celebrated and then we were relegated. 

Edited by JHRover

2 minutes ago, JHRover said:

As it stands Wednesday, Millwall, QPR and Huddersfield are showing that they have the ingredients to stay up. All are picking up points at a healthy rate. All still in trouble but if they keep doing what they are will be fine. 

The ones sinking fast are us, Plymouth and Stoke. Birmingham struggling a bit without Mowbray but are showing fight. Could have got a point with 10 men against Southampton and got a good point at Hull last night. So I don't see them going down.

Thing is that Plymouth have a good solid home record and will win games there against the poorer sides. So not sure about them

Think we are destined for the drop, only positive at the moment is we aren't losing every week and are getting a few draws but those could well cost us as they did under Mowbray when draws against Wolves and Bristol were celebrated and then we were relegated. 

The odd win here and there and you stay up. Takes a lot of draws to make up for just 2 wins.

That's our problem right now.

• Moderation Lead
1 hour ago, philipl said:

With ten out injured, how can the argument be made the squad is not good enough?

Because we sold one of (if not our best) player(s), we fucked up yet another incoming transfer and our squad was poor already?

• Like 4

8 hours ago, yellowsubmarine said:

This season, it's so hard to predict how many points for safety as they are a shitload of teams in the mix for the last 2 bottom spots. All the teams below us has gotten at least 6 points in their last 5, except Rotherham. The faster we get some wins under our belt the better but we just totally forgotten how to beat teams. I just don't know where are we getting the wins from. Plymouth, Bristol city and Wednesday games are must-win for us. Hoping Leeds and Leicester will be promoted by the time we face them.

image.thumb.png.2df8e9986f2d26c12ef6fb66b54c4846.png

Last season. 22nd was 44 points
image.thumb.png.be434cf3ea86ec84b9e5e7e6fab7dda5.png

21/22. 22nd was 37 points
image.thumb.png.73f5a3a710c7af6b9e7d665c69c71abd.png

Without the points deductions, it would have been 49 and 41.

4 hours ago, philipl said:

With ten out injured, how can the argument be made the squad is not good enough?

Who are the 10 out injured? Is it really that many? Perhaps because in part those who are missing aren't that good either. 

Fleck- that injury was always going to happen. Was never going to play any meaningful part of our season. 

Pears - not a championship standard keeper. (His replacement is another issue mind.)

Hedges - charitably called busy. Looks great 1 in 7, poor in the rest. 

Leonard- potential admittedly but still only played a dozen or so games. Are we that desperate for an untested striker? 

Tronstadt and JRC the only big losses as far as I'm aware, of a good championship standard. And being honest JRC is both a huge loss but injury prone and likely to miss chunks of the season. 

Can't see how anyone can say the squad isn't poor! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Blue blood said:

Who are the 10 out injured? Is it really that many? Perhaps because in part those who are missing aren't that good either. 

Fleck- that injury was always going to happen. Was never going to play any meaningful part of our season. 

Pears - not a championship standard keeper. (His replacement is another issue mind.)

Leonard- potential admittedly but still only played a dozen or so games. Are we that desperate for an untested striker? 

Tronstadt and JRC the only big losses as far as I'm aware, of a good championship standard. And being honest JRC is both a huge loss but injury prone and likely to miss chunks of the season. 

When teams are struggling near to the bottom of the league , it is amazing how many players are injured ..

Won't take much ,for some of our players to cry off !

• Like 3

• Backroom
2 hours ago, Blue blood said:

It's the poorest squad we've had since the 16/17 relegation, and it isn't even close. At this rate this lot won't even match the number of points we got in that season, so you could arguably say they are worse - if not for individual talent then for mentality. Other than Szmodics, and maybe Tronstad, I wouldn't care if any of the others left tomorrow. A mixture of inconsistent, injury prone and weak minded - sometimes a combination of all three. With an overhaul extremely unlikely it's impossible to see how we stay up next season, even if we somehow scrape survival this season. I don't even want to think about being humiliated twice by Burnley again if we're in the same division.  

• Like 2

Although I love the club I won't be devastated if we go down as I hate the current version of the club.  The Owners and the directors are all completely incompetent and this is exactly what they deserve. I will feel sorry for us fans though as we deserve much better. 

I actually even quite like the current crop of players. Most of them aren't very good but that's not their fault. I feel like they do give it their all but should not be anywhere near this level. I also think the manager is decent despite the awful start he's made. He's trying to change the style of football when he's got no time on the training ground with the games coming thick and fast. And he's also working with very limited players. If we do go down then he's probably the best man to bring us back up.

There are rumours that GB is on gardening leave. I very much hope so! He has overseen the worst recruitment strategy we've seen at the club despite his short tenure. And not to mention the 3 admin errors in one year. Yes, he's not had a budget to work with but he really could not have done much worse overall even with limited funds.

All roads lead to Venkys though. Words fail me on them. Hard to describe how useless they are. I hope we can all send a nice thank you message to them when we get relegated to lge 1 for the second time in their ownership!

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Blue blood said:

Carter is also injured.

The squad is poor compared to the top 6/8, but has more quality than most of the teams at the bottom, if motivated and organised properly. 

10 hours ago, JHRover said:

Plymouth have a couple of strikers who know where the net is aswell. Whitticker and Hardie, something we don’t have

6 hours ago, Waggy76 said:

When teams are struggling near to the bottom of the league , it is amazing how many players are injured ..

Won't take much ,for some of our players to cry off !

That’s always been the case. Players will play through the pain barrier if their team is near the top. Lose your place in the side and you might not get it back in a winning team.

When you’re struggling it’s the other way around.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces

12 hours ago, OJRovers said:

Carter is also injured.

The squad is poor compared to the top 6/8, but has more quality than most of the teams at the bottom, if motivated and organised properly. 

It really doesn't.  It's a squad that is  technically 'capable' at (I may be being generous with a couple of players in that category) zero pace, no set piece takers, no aerial threat, minimal physicality and little leadership. 

It's the worst squad I've known.  

• Like 2

To me this season has all the hallmarks of when they deliberately relegated us from the Premier League. 

They've offloaded any decent players we have with only Szmodics to go in the summer.

They've managed to get shut of the manager that openly challenge, questioned and called out all of their bullshit.

They've hired a guy who's got absolutely no pedigree and an absolute yes man.

They've tried to once again shift the blame on to the fans.

We've been here before. Our relegation will be this year or the next and it is 100% deliberate. Just like it was when they first took over.

• Like 5

4 hours ago, Upside Down said:

To me this season has all the hallmarks of when they deliberately relegated us from the Premier League. 

They've offloaded any decent players we have with only Szmodics to go in the summer.

They've managed to get shut of the manager that openly challenge, questioned and called out all of their bullshit.

We've been here before. Our relegation will be this year or the next and it is 100% deliberate. Just like it was when they first took over.

Also the same we the season we went down to League One when Coyle took over instead of Warnock.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Upside Down said:

From reading between the lines I wonder if JDT (or the Swedish FA) actually paid to be released from his contract 

7 hours ago, Upside Down said:

Hallmarks indeed...and don't forget the sabotage behaviour before the Coyle season. 

Bastards!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rob_of_the_rovers said:

Looking forward to seeing if some of the youngsters can cut it in league one next season.

Maybe even Telalovic will get a goal or two.

It almost makes me wonder if that is part of the project here. Playing in League One will give a more appropriate platform to the likes of Vale, Leonard, Markandy, Garrett, Telalovic, Wahlstedt and co. to get the minutes and opportunities under their belt ready for their sales.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Upside Down said:

See Abbey’s post about betting in the V’s/HMRC thread and contemplate what odds would you have got on relegation after last season 🤔

• Like 1

• Backroom

I said before Millwall I felt we needed at least four points from them and Plymouth. We got two. Hard to see us getting another win this season, and it feels like we'll need a couple of surprise wins now to stay up - either that or two teams below us (Rotherham are already gone) go on runs as bad as us. Eustace hasn't had any kind of new manager bounce which obviously isn't a good sign. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, DE. said:

I said before Millwall I felt we needed at least four points from them and Plymouth. We got two. Hard to see us getting another win this season, and it feels like we'll need a couple of surprise wins now to stay up - either that or two teams below us (Rotherham are already gone) go on runs as bad as us. Eustace hasn't had any kind of new manager bounce which obviously isn't a good sign. 

Yes, Boro hitting a bit of form too, so that will be very tough.

The only thing in our favour is they have a midweek away trip, so for once we will be better rested.