BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

That *was* the January Window

For all the talk of of strikers, one massive thing were missing is pace. There isn't any in the entire Squad. Dolan and Markandaay look nippy but their top speed isn't fast. Moran looks a more like a poor mans Milner type wide player. Surely one of the reasons we concede so late is that when put under pressure we don't have anyone to make defenders worry on the counter and so get boxed in. 

If we cant get a striker in a fast wide player on loan would be next in line. 

Where did Dembele from bournemouth go? Didnt we nearly get him on loan last summer?

Edited by benhben
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, benhben said:

For all the talk of of strikers, one massive thing were missing is pace. There isn't any in the entire Squad. Dolan and Markandaay look nippy but their top speed isn't fast. Moran looks a more like a poor mans Milner type wide player. Surely one of the reasons we concede so late is that when put under pressure we don't have anyone to make defenders worry on the counter and so get boxed in. 

Where did Dembele from bournemouth go? Didnt we nearly get him on loan last summer?

The only real pace in the entire club is Batty.

15 minutes ago, benhben said:

We’ve not had any pace since Rothwell - Rothwell would of been the perfect player for JDT…

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, benhben said:

Yes but the opposition get a free pass to come forward now the likes of Szmodics and Moran have burnt out, and Dolan and JRC are injured.

Thats why since Mowbray was here it was stupid not to get a decent striker in when Armstrong left.

Edited by booth

3 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

I would like us to Liam Cullen(Swansea), a full back in Jordan Williams from Barnsley and a striker permanently or on loan. 

Only just a new contract here and biggest problem is he is tired and fatigue from playing every game and need a rest which should have been the Southampton away game. 

Maybe Whittaker might have been target without the budget cuts. 

Don't get this hatred that you and others have for Kimberley and Broughton 

not hatred,i just think they are both useless,look at the state of the recruitment since broughton landed,it`s been shocking,britain,szmodics and hyam were mowbrays targets,in defence of moggadon,his recruitment was pretty decent on the whole

Snippet from the LT today:

Rovers tried to sign Danny Batth in the summer from Sunderland with Tomasson and Director of Football Gregg Broughton identifying him as the man to bolster the defence.

However, they were unable to strike a deal on the length of his deal. Batth wanted a two-year deal whilst the owners would only sanction a one-year contract. In the end, Batth signed for Norwich City on the terms he had desired.

Centre-back is an area Rovers are expected to look at in the January transfer window, though resources will be limited. 

3 minutes ago, Sweaty Gussets said:

Snippet from the LT today:

Rovers tried to sign Danny Batth in the summer from Sunderland with Tomasson and Director of Football Gregg Broughton identifying him as the man to bolster the defence.

However, they were unable to strike a deal on the length of his deal. Batth wanted a two-year deal whilst the owners would only sanction a one-year contract. In the end, Batth signed for Norwich City on the terms he had desired.

Centre-back is an area Rovers are expected to look at in the January transfer window, though resources will be limited. 

unless we are selling carter i don`t see why we need another centre back,it`s the only position were we are stacked

• Like 1

Just now, simongarnerisgod said:

unless we are selling carter i don`t see why we need another centre back,it`s the only position were we are stacked

You need experience at CB, which is why  they tried to sign Batth. The point of the article I quoted was JDT blaming this lack of experience on the poor defensive record.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

not hatred, I just think they are both useless, look at the state of the recruitment since Broughton landed, it's been shocking ,Britain, Szmodics and Hyam were Mowbray's targets, in defence of moggadon, his recruitment was pretty decent on the whole

Hyam, Brittain and Szmodics were all scouted by Rovers recruitment department during Mowbray's last season. How was the Mowbray's targets given he was leaving that summer and when he did leave we have no recruitment department left staff wise? 

I think GB has done very well recruitment wise and is doing a good job. Look at Hirst at Ipswich now, looks a very different player to the one we had here. Why didn't it work here? 

I think this summer recruitment has been mixed with Tronstad, Moran, Hill and Sigurdsson been goodish to very good signings, Telalovic and Ennis yet to seen enough to form an opinion. Wahlstedt has made some crucial mistakes but still plenty of time to prove people wrong especially on here 

JDT and GB wanted Batth and the owners refused to allow a 2 year contract to be offered to him. I also wonder who was our st choice striker target we want before the budget cuts?

1 hour ago, benhben said:

Birmingham City

5 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Only just a new contract here and biggest problem is he is tired and fatigue from playing every game and need a rest which should have been the Southampton away game. 

Maybe Whittaker might have been target without the budget cuts. 

Don't get this hatred that you and others have for Kimberley and Broughton 

A new contract means next to nothing.  The player gets his big wage increase and it protects the value in the player.  It does not stop clubs come knocking on the door and I think the first decent offer we get will see Waggott salivating and SS joyfully skipping away.  SS is a professional athlete and this tiredness and fatigue is, IMO, all b0ll0cks - more to this than meets the eye, IMO. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

I think GB has done very well recruitment wise and is doing a good job. Look at Hirst at Ipswich now, looks a very different player to the one we had here. Why didn't it work here? 

I think this summer recruitment has been mixed with Tronstad, Moran, Hill and Sigurdsson been goodish to very good signings, Telalovic and Ennis yet to seen enough to form an opinion. Wahlstedt has made some crucial mistakes but still plenty of time to prove people wrong especially on here 

Slight contradiction there, me thinks...

Edited by Wheelton Blue
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Mercer said:

A new contract means next to nothing.  The player gets his big wage increase and it protects the value in the player.  It does not stop clubs come knocking on the door and I think the first decent offer we get will see Waggott salivating and SS joyfully skipping away.  SS is a professional athlete and this tiredness and fatigue is, IMO, all b0ll0cks - more to this than meets the eye, IMO. 

I don't disagree with the contracts making much difference, if SS wants out he'll be gone as GB and SW will want the money.

Disagree about the fatigue though, he was left out for 1 game and was straight back in for the next. Not sure why there would be anymore to it right now. If he was being protected for a sale, he wouldn't have played 90mins against Huddersfield.

SS won't be leaving this window, surely.

It's A.Wharton and Carter that we need to keep an eye on.
Young, English talent with lots of potential.

Depends on how desperate we are for funds to run the club for the next few months...

6 hours ago, RoversClitheroe said:

Wonder what made you want us to sign him lol.

The fact we were linked with him?

I was impressed with his finish against him and how he played from the right. Given we need a player in that position and someone who can score also. Plus given he only 6 months left on his deal and it would be cheap deal for us to do

5 hours ago, Mercer said:

if Szmodics was off he wouldn't be playing. Yet again another one guess you are wide of the mark. 

Szmodics did look tired in the previous game before Southampton. 

• Like 1

Can't afford technically rounded players and in fairness I'd argue part of our detriment is we have too much of the same.  There must be 1 or 2 one trick ponies available who have a yard of pace, or some real size in the centre of the park.  Who they are? Unsure.