BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

That *was* the January Window

9 minutes ago, Oldgregg86 said:

It will soften the sale of Adam wharton I suppose 🙄

if it`s true i would say it`s carter that will be sold,he`s been very impressive all season and the premier league clubs could be about to test our resolve with a bid,that explains the "interest" in o`riordan

Edited by simongarnerisgod
spelling
  • Like 1

I dont think Carter has been impressive all season by any means, and certainly not warranting Premier League interest.

I do like him and he is a good defender but I think as a team we havent been great defensively and he hasnt necessarily kicked or improved from last season. Even across the last week, he gave away a penalty clumsily v Southampton and made a huge error v Leeds.

He hasnt had a poor season but he did have a poor patch earlier in the season and I think his performances last season were better. Perhaps he was more suited to a less expansive style as he can be quite clumsy, we could do with Hyam back as he is our calmest defender.

49 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

if it`s true i would say it`s carter that will be sold,he`s been very impressive all season and the premier league clubs could be about to test our resolve with a bid,that explains the "interest" in o`riordan

That explains the interest in O'Riordan that you dont believe?

• Like 1

10 hours ago, simongarnerisgod said:

Carter’s got bags of potential, I could see one of the lower level Prem teams signing him, somebody like Wolves or Everton. Not to go straight into the team, but one for the future.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, ROVER_N_OUT1978 said:

30 games for BBD since he left Blackburn and no goal scored.

Would anyone take him back on loan? Not saying it's an option but just curious. 

Not a snowball's chance in he'll.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Carter’s got bags of potential, I could see one of the lower level Prem teams signing him, somebody like Wolves or Everton. Not to go straight into the team, but one for the future.

I dunno, while i agree he's got potential he's 23 now, if he was to go he would need to be somewhere where he is going to play.

Maybe in the summer to a relegated side with parachute payments?

16 hours ago, ROVER_N_OUT1978 said:

30 games for BBD since he left Blackburn and no goal scored.

Would anyone take him back on loan? Not saying it's an option but just curious. 

Where are you getting 30 games since he left from?

He has played 18 in all comps for Villareal (mostly off the bench of course) and 6 in 2023 for Chile, not sure how many of those were after he left us. Did you mean 20 or something?

On 20/12/2023 at 11:40, ABRAM ROVER said:

If we had any sense we would spend every penny we have on a striker

Imagine if we went and got Langstaff out of Notts County. Relatively modest transfer in the grand scheme of things but one that could turn our season. Then I woke up.

Edited by danger19_80
  • Like 2

13 hours ago, danger19_80 said:

Imagine if we went and got Langstaff out of Notts County. Relatively modest transfer in the grand scheme of things but one that could turn our season. Then I woke up.

I'd prefer us to do look at L1/L2 than bring in unknowns who have rarely played. Preferably players that haven't had injury/fitness issues.