BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

That *was* the January Window

16 minutes ago, wilsdenrover said:

I don’t think he should be but I do think he should have been brought on more often recently.

I agree. He's got that determination and shit-housery that nobody else in our squad seems to have.

Although if we consider that Travis asked to leave in summer after having played 45 of 46 games in the league the season prior, it suggests to me there is something a bit more to it than playing time. To have wanted to leave over six months ago tells me it's more to do with his role at the club or simply that he isn't Tomasson's type of player.

I think Tomasson holds no prisoners, and it has ruffled a few feathers in what may have been a very comfortable nest.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Torgeir said:

Think we'll do more business and try and push upwards in the table.

If not then Ayari for Travis doesn't make much sense to me. We're inn freefall form-wise at the moment so would think JDT wanted to keep his experienced captain until the summer. 

I think it's by no means certain Sammie will be with us come 1 Feb.

What a signing he would be for  a Championship club with real ambition to reach the PL.

His fee and wages would be a pittance relative to the PL riches.

After today's absolute debacle, nothing, and I mean absolutely nothing, could be ruled out this window and it would no longer be surprising.

Edited by Mercer
  • Like 6

1 minute ago, goozburger said:

I think Tomasson holds no prisoners, and it has ruffled a few feathers in what may have been a very comfortable nest.

Which is what you want in a manager.

The problem here is that the club needs to be able to support the manager in that by giving him the means to replace him with someone he has more faith in. If the club can't do that, JDT will definitely fail and leave, and then the last couple if years have all been for naught.

Again! Rinse and repeat. Will always be the same until we have proper owners.

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, Mercer said:

What a signing he would be for  Chapionship with real ambition to reach the PL.

After today's absolute debacle, nothing, and I mean absolutely nothing, could be ruled out this window and it would no longer be surprising.

Wouldn't be surprised to see Ipswich signing him.....

4 minutes ago, Mercer said:

What a signing he would be for  Chapionship with real ambition to reach the PL.

Do you think someone like Luton would take a punt on him?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, goozburger said:

I agree. He's got that determination and shit-housery that nobody else in our squad seems to have.

Although if we consider that Travis asked to leave in summer after having played 45 of 46 games in the league the season prior, it suggests to me there is something a bit more to it than playing time. To have wanted to leave over six months ago tells me it's more to do with his role at the club or simply that he isn't Tomasson's type of player.

As JDT said Travis sees himself as a 6 playing the holding role, perhaps the signing of Tronstad put Travs nose out of joint.

Id agree with JDT personally, Travis has energy and Is up and down the pitcg I don't think disciplined enough just sitting and collecting the ball from the back and starting moves off which is what JDT wants from a 6

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Just one more reason to be pissed off for me. 

Another season wasted, another year older and nearer the care home, and another year realising it's all a waste of time as the Premier League recedes into the distance as an increasing hazy memory

You wouldn't mind if we'd reached the playoffs since we came down but we haven't, not even once

Meanwhile, the likes of Brighton, Fulham, and Bournemoth and Brentford FFS have become established PL clubs. And that's without mentioning effing Luton, in non league not that long ago

• Like 6

A number of players have recently signed new or extended contracts with the Rovers. That to me suggests they are happy with how JDT treats them and how he wants to play. There’s an old adage in football that you shouldn’t keep players who have asked for a transfer, it never works out, nor does suggesting that they rot in the reserves as fans often call for. I’m with JDT on this one.

• Like 7

Travis could have had more impact as a sub/ tactical change in recent weeks. Rovers need to pull some decent signings out now, not kids... continue with this kind of business and we might be heading down.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, roverblue said:

He moans after every game that we don’t have ‘experience’ or about the average age of our team do you not listen to his interviews? Travis has 200 rovers appearances so yes I would class him as our most experienced player.

Kaminski was clearly dropped for Pears which you have stated in the same sentence. He got back fit and couldn't get back in? Same thing surely.  “100% the right thing to do” you seriously believe that?

Yes JDT is calling for more experience and as I pointed out he uses that experience when given to him, you claimed he doesn't use it which as I pointed out is not true. Travis can have 200 apps for us but fact is his is less experienced that Tronstad at the game of Football (the player he wants to replace)

I never said Kaminski was dropped at all! I said he got injured and had to be replaced, his replacement was on form and you don't drop a player in form unless he gets injured. Again 100% I agree with player in form should never be dropped, form dips then you have a call to make

8 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

Meanwhile, the likes of Brighton, Fulham, and Bournemoth and Brentford FFS have become established PL clubs. And that's without mentioning effing Luton, in non league not that long ago

You missed our nearest & not-so-dearest off that list too... 

5 minutes ago, Ghost7 said:

Travis could have had more impact as a sub/ tactical change in recent weeks. Rovers need to pull some decent signings out now, not kids... continue with this kind of business and we might be heading down.

Lest we forget

He made the second-most number of tackles in the Championship last season  

• Like 1

I’m getting very close to the edge with rovers now and nearly past the point of no return. Recently through the turbulent Kean through coyle years and the mediocre years under moggadon. I despise almost everything about the club at present and off the pitch there’s no helping folk who won’t help themselves. Buckley made no sense to me. This is absolutely insane.

Rovers have the feel of a club getting relegated to me. It all starts as always with the owners they set the tone and such a very low bar, paying the bills and leaving the rest to rot just won’t do. Maggot is an agent conman on £350k and just about the worst ceo any company could have. Gregg the egg has about as much of an eye for a player as my mother and is incapable of closing a deal to boot. JDT for all I like the bloke because he calls out the above for their ineptitude but as a manager/head coach if you can’t organise a defence your about as much use as tits on a boar. Then the minor players in the saga barista boy, sunhail, etc, etc, what do they all actually do other than fuck things up.

Not one positive thing to say about the club except for my memories of over 15 years ago. 

Edited by matt83
  • Like 7

42 minutes ago, islander200 said:

He has an experienced player in Tronstad in the position Travis wants to play in.

Travis asked to leave,I'm sure JDT would have been delighted to keep Travis as a bench option for his experience etc.

Travis has gone from a shoe in and captain of the team to 3rd or 4th choice midfielder.

How has JDT engineered Travis move?By preferring another player in the position Travis wants to play?

How does this move dispel JDTs complaints over a lack of experience?

A few extra thoughts.

JDT has said Travis asked to leave. We don't really know the context of that (if true). We don't know what JDT or others have said to Travis. Of course JDT as a club employee is going to say things that paint him and the Club in a healthier light than a popular senior homegrown player being sent packing....on loan....to Ipswich. 

If people at Rovers have said to him "we're getting shut of you, you ain't playing until we do" then of course Travis will want to look elsewhere.

They have to come up with something convincing because on the surface of it this is one of the more bizarre transfers I can remember. Loaning your club captain out to a side 20+ points above you in the same division. Unheard of.

Yes there has been engineering of his move out. It is quite clear that since November a decision was reached that he would not be featuring in the team and his lack of appearances over Xmas at a time when we had lots of games and few players to call upon was inexplicable other than to keep him out of the way for Ipswich to come along. It isn't as simple or innocent as preferring another player in his position. That's fine, but Travis would still have featured at least as a sub if there was normality at the Club.

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, matt83 said:

I’m getting very close to the edge with rovers now and nearly past the point of no return. Recently through the turbulent Kean through coyle years and the mediocre years under moggadon. I despise almost everything about the club at present and off the pitch there’s no helping folk who won’t help themselves. Buckley made no sense to me. This is absolutely insane.

Rovers have the feel of a club getting relegated to me. It all starts as always with the owners they set the tone and such a very low bar, paying the bills and leaving the rest to rot just won’t do. Maggot is an agent conman on £350k and just about the worst ceo any company could have. Gregg the egg has about as much of an eye for a player as my mother and is incapable of closing a deal to boot. JDT for all I like the bloke because he calls out the above for their ineptitude but as a manager/head coach if you can’t organise a defence your about as much use as tits on a boar. Then the minor players in the saga barista boy, sunhail, etc, etc, what do they all actually do other than fuck things up.

Not one positive thing to say about the club except for my memories of over 15 years ago. 

Agree with most of this. I am sick to death of this club. At every turn it is a cesspit.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Atko's Engine said:

You missed our nearest & not-so-dearest off that list too... 

They're easy to forget. However I'm probably an outlier on here but I'd rather Lancashire town clubs - even Burnley - were in the PL than minor southern clubs

• Like 2

This is football, players want to play, they can get stale at a club and want a change of scenery, and yes he isn’t a world beater - of course he’s replaceable with another experienced player… problem here, as always, is he won’t be and the downgrade continues.

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, davulsukur said:

So Trav is out (200+ championship apps)

Ayari is in (13 championship apps)

Good that we give the manager the experience he wants 💪

We are now firmly Brighton's academy. Some will see that as a feather in our cap. I give up.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Spankus Munky said:

Yes JDT is calling for more experience and as I pointed out he uses that experience when given to him, you claimed he doesn't use it which as I pointed out is not true. Travis can have 200 apps for us but fact is his is less experienced that Tronstad at the game of Football (the player he wants to replace)

I never said Kaminski was dropped at all! I said he got injured and had to be replaced, his replacement was on form and you don't drop a player in form unless he gets injured. Again 100% I agree with player in form should never be dropped, form dips then you have a call to make

My point was Travis was given to him and he didn’t use him this season. I never mentioned anyone else other than Kaminski which is the same point.

He can’t moan about experience when he overlooks it or moves it on. He should just say I don’t rate them and want somebody else instead.

its PR bullshit 

• Like 3