BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

That *was* the January Window

1 hour ago, Polky said:

I was surprised that Spurs didn’t loan Phillips back to us for the season.

Hasn’t play a minute for spurs during their injury crisis. Albeit he did pick up an injury as well.

FA Cup match tonight and they play a RB at CB and he’s sat on the bench…🤷🏻‍♂️

Has been injured through it all only been back a week or two I think.

34 minutes ago, JHRover said:

'Huge wages' now for Travis that presumably we 'can't afford' yet in reality he was offered and signed that deal not long ago whilst we were a mid-table Championship club, fully aware of our income levels and FFP restrictions. 

This is how they shift the narrative. Making out he's a luxury that we cannot afford when in reality that just isn't the case on either front were it not for their extreme cutbacks.

So we've either handed out unaffordable deals recently knowing we were going to get into trouble....if so why and why is the CEO still here.....or these aren't unaffordable deals and he's simply on the going rate, but the owners are electing to cut right back to the bone (again).

If they don't want to spend what it takes I have a good idea. Clear off Venkys and save everyone the hassle. 

In fairness though, the Travis deal was signed in March 2022, before the JDT and Broughton era commenced. Before the additional financial cuts this summer too. Absolutely the CEO's fault though if he put him on too much.

Interesting to note that Travis is only being loaned out and is still contracted until summer 2026. Part of me thinks there's an understanding from the club that JDT may well not be here by this summer, and a new manager might value Travis more. Either that or we're hoping he shines for Ipswich and attracts a decent bid from somebody. But every chance he is still seen as having a future here, we'll see.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Andy said:

Putting the transfer dealings from today to one side (I don't see Travis leaving as any kind of crisis move, btw), I have to say that I'm glad I don't have some of you lot in the trenches with me.

We're 8 points from the play off spots (and more points clear of the bottom 3), even after a horrendous run of form and yet I'm seeing comments about 'this season is an undoubted relegation battle', or 'it's all about staying in the league'.

We've got the same base of players we had, who finished 7th last season and lots of injured players due to return.

Yes, Venky's are a bag of dicks and run the club horrendously - nobody is disputing this.
But have a bit of backbone and a tiny bit of bloody fight in you, at the very least.

Relegation fight my white arse.

Come on Andy, if the players and staff had the same heart and passion as the fans (even the most pessimistic on here) we wouldn't be in the mess we currently are.

• Like 8

I don’t disagree with Andy in some ways. We were in a good place going into December, obviously been horrendous since. 

But things can change very quickly in this league and we have a lot of injured players coming back that do work well for JDT; Dolan, JRC etc. ‘LiKE nEw siGNinGS!’* So we could well pick up and have a decent run in, or we may not- but I’ll judge the actual on the pitch season in May.

That in no way means I can’t separate that from the utter disgrace that is the running of this football club.

*And of course being injured in January means they can’t be loaned out to Plymouth or whoever next week.

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 4

14 minutes ago, Andy said:

Putting the transfer dealings from today to one side (I don't see Travis leaving as any kind of crisis move, btw), I have to say that I'm glad I don't have some of you lot in the trenches with me.

We're 8 points from the play off spots (and more points clear of the bottom 3), even after a horrendous run of form and yet I'm seeing comments about 'this season is an undoubted relegation battle', or 'it's all about staying in the league'.

We've got the same base of players we had, who finished 7th last season and lots of injured players due to return.

Yes, Venky's are a bag of dicks and run the club horrendously - nobody is disputing this.
But have a bit of backbone and a tiny bit of bloody fight in you, at the very least.

Relegation fight my white arse.

We've just got rid of the first man you'd pick out of our squad to go in the trenches with and probably the next physically strongest guy is going back to his mammy club.

I hope you're not suggesting we are too good to go down ?

That's a well trusted line that one.

• Like 3

Firstly, welcome to both players. Yasin Ayari and Ben Chrisene. Let's give them a properly chance before writing them off cos of their age. Chrisene made his debut at 15 years old for Exeter and is England youth international. Ayari is someone who Brighton paid £5m for. Would suggest some talent there and he knows JDT from his days at Malmo. JDT has said in his press conference that Ayari isn't a direct replacement for Travis. I also like that Rovers have kept both players signings unwrapped until we signed them and signing them early in the window is a big bonus. I think Ayari might play from the right of the attack under JDT. I don't think we are at all in a relegation battle like others have suggested but every club at this level take PL young players on loan. Its looks like Jake Batty hasn't developed like we hoped since the summer hence why we have brought in a left back on loan

On Travis leaving, JDT has said he wanted out of Rovers since the summer. This season he hasn't played centre midfield in the league since Leicester game. He is 4th choice currently and when he does play he doesn't play the 6 role anyway which he wants to play so I can see why we have let him leave us. Obviously, I would have prefer permanent transfer then we could use the funds. I am surprised at the reaction of some over Travis leaving when he wanted to leave Rovers and the fact he is abit part player at best under JDT nowadays

On JDT changing his style of play cos of results, I don't think he should changing his formation or style cos I think we have played some really good attacking football and we have Szmodics who is the Championship leading scorer so clearly we are doing something right aren't we.  

I am firm believer that we should be signing players that fit our formation, style of play and roles they play in the team otherwise its pointless having a proper tactical identity that we have under JDT which quite a few on here where complaining about under Mowbray. 

We have 1 loan spot left so I think this will be filled before end of the window. I expect O’Riordan to sign, another centre back , plus another centre midfielder and attacking player whether its a striker or winger 

10 hours ago, wilsdenrover said:

Upgrading from Travis to Tronstad is of little use if you then downgrade from Travis to *insert league one youngster/academy player here*

Travis won't play the defensive midfielder role anyway under JDT cos he prefer Wharton there if Tronstad isn't 

10 hours ago, TugaysMarlboro said:

I know it's not JDT single handedly who picks the players, but as you rightly say, he has an input. If it's forced on him that Trav is replaced with an inferior player, I'm sure we'll know....which in its own right, is an explanation isn't it?

Are you happy with JDT's explanation and that Travis wanted out since the summer? 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, wilsdenrover said:

I don’t think he should be but I do think he should have been brought on more often recently.

to do what? what does he offer offensive and who would he come on for in the last game to change the game? 

6 hours ago, islander200 said:

He has an experienced player in Tronstad in the position Travis wants to play in.

Travis asked to leave,I'm sure JDT would have been delighted to keep Travis as a bench option for his experience etc.

Travis has gone from a shoe in and captain of the team to 3rd or 4th choice midfielder.

How has JDT engineered Travis move?By preferring another player in the position Travis wants to play?

How does this move dispel JDTs complaints over a lack of experience?

He wanted experience Centre back and proven goalscorer and I hope we get that in this window. 

5 hours ago, Mercer said:

I think it's by no means certain Sammie will be with us come 1 Feb.

He is staying here. I will call it now. 

2 hours ago, Hi Mack said:

I blame all this on Broughton. Can’t stand the man. He is well and truly out of his depth. JDT has quite blatantly asked for experience and we ship Travis out and sign 2 kids.

Travis wanted out for the last 6 months, he not playing and when he does play doesn't play his prefer role. Surely we should get rid? Yes or no

1 minute ago, JHRover said:

Always good to see all is well with the world of Rovers in Chaddyland

The events of the last few days, weeks and months in all departments of the Club met with almost universal derision and condemnation, but can always rely on Chaddy to fish a positive or two out of the Ewood Park swamp.

Im losing my mind with it.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, JHRover said:

Always good to see all is well with the world of Rovers in Chaddyland

The events of the last few days, weeks and months in all departments of the Club met with almost universal derision and condemnation, but can always rely on Chaddy to fish a positive or two out of the Ewood Park swamp.

Travis wanted out out of Rovers for 6 months and he wants to play the 6 position which JDT doesn't play him there so surely it makes sense to bring in players that want to be here and fit JDT's tactics and style of play? I am not going to negative over our 2 signings cos I doubt very few of us even knew them before the signed here so why be negative already? lets see them play first 

I have commented that Rovers made a wrong decision on the Cambridge game being digital day, I have slammed the lack of commercial ouns at the Club and the lack of sponsorship around Ewood Park, so you first point about everything being well in my opinion is just plain and simple wrong.  

Or it is the fact that I don't think we are relegation battle like some of you do? 

Edited by chaddyrovers

26 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

Interesting to note that Travis is only being loaned out and is still contracted until summer 2026. Part of me thinks there's an understanding from the club that JDT may well not be here by this summer, and a new manager might value Travis more. Either that or we're hoping he shines for Ipswich and attracts a decent bid from somebody. But every chance he is still seen as having a future here, we'll see.

Thinking exactly the same. Just find it odd it's a loan. Or in six months time hoping the funding issues are clearer.

20 minutes ago, tomphil said:

We've just got rid of the first man you'd pick out of our squad to go in the trenches with and probably the next physically strongest guy is going back to his mammy club.

I hope you're not suggesting we are too good to go down ?

That's a well trusted line that one.

The thing is we are not going into trenches, and Travis would not be my first pick on a football field.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Travis wanted out out of Rovers for 6 months and he wants to play the 6 position which JDT doesn't play him there so surely it makes sense to bring in players that want to be here and fit JDT's tactics and style of play? I am not going to negative over our 2 signings cos I doubt very few of us even knew them before the signed here so why be negative already? lets see them play first 

I have commented that Rovers made a wrong decision on the Cambridge game being digital day, I have slammed the lack of commercial ouns at the Club and the lack of sponsorship around Ewood Park, so you first point about everything being well in my opinion is just plain and simple wrong.  

No it doesn't make sense

You're trying to rationalise the irrational. 

Loaning your captain and one of a few experienced Championship players you have out to a side 25 points higher and in the top 2 is not sensible.

If it was a sale for good levels of cash I could consider the argument.

You know your stuff. Find me a comparable loan to the Travis one. I think you'll struggle because these sort of deals are very strange.

• Like 3

Going to the gaffer and saying if you are freezing me out of the team then i want to go elsewhere to get a game is a bit different than saying i want to leave Rovers i don't want to be here anymore i need a change.

I'd strongly suggest that from what we've heard and seen it was the former not the latter that led to this.

We know every time this starts it's the players doing and it's their fault but in truth it rarely is, not to begin with anyway.

Edited by tomphil
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, Polky said:

Not available for tomorrow.

Hilarious how they try to make out these are two star signings like we are supposed to get excited about two youth players.  Remember when we were getting excited about signing players like roque santa cruz? We had owners with less money in those days 

• Like 9

2 minutes ago, tomphil said:

Going to the gaffer and saying if you are freezing me out of the team then i want to go elsewhere to get a game is a bit different than saying i want to leave Rovers i don't want to be here anymore i need a change.

I'd strongly suggest that from what we've heard and seen it was the former not the latter that led to this.

We know every time this starts it's the players doing and it's their fault but in truth it rarely is, not to begin with anyway.

I do believe there’s some truth to what JDT says. Players want to play and advance their careers, managers pick who they believe are best suited and those things don’t always match up. Trav wants to play, and in his best position, JDT doesn’t seem him as better than alternatives. The interesting part is the fact the best offer available was a loan within the division to a side based on record you’d assume Trav would struggle to get minutes at. All this move does is shuffle his wages for 6 months and punt the transfer to summer 

31 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

to do what? what does he offer offensive and who would he come on for in the last game to change the game? 

He wanted experience Centre back and proven goalscorer and I hope we get that in this window. 

He is staying here. I will call it now. 

Travis wanted out for the last 6 months, he not playing and when he does play doesn't play his prefer role. Surely we should get rid? Yes or no

No, if Szmodics says tomorrow he wants to leave do we loan him out to Leeds? He’s our player and brings experience and bite.

We have a weaker squad than yesterday. Great work! You know you can question the hierarchy Chaddy you won’t set on fire.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, JHRover said:

No it doesn't make sense

You're trying to rationalise the irrational. 

Loaning your captain and one of a few experienced Championship players you have out to a side 25 points higher and in the top 2 is not sensible.

If it was a sale for good levels of cash I could consider the argument.

You know your stuff. Find me a comparable loan to the Travis one. I think you'll struggle because these sort of deals are very strange.

No it's fairly logic and make sense to be honest. Travis has wanted out for 6 months. He asked for move twice. Travis wants to play the 6 role which JDT doesn't selected him for and prefer Tronstad there or Wharton if Tronstad isn't available. So JDT is happy to let him go and used his wages to get players in who fit his style of play and want to play here. 

2 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

‘All’ on Broughton? No other guilty parties we can think of for this mess?

Utterly mental isn't it. Stockholm syndrome. It's blaming the people who bring the captives bread and water not the abductors themselves, does my fucking head in. 

EVERYTHING that's gone wrong in the last stinking 13 years lies with the wretches that own us.  

• Like 6