BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

That *was* the January Window

8 hours ago, Darwen Rover 007 said:

How annoying has the lancashire evening telegraph website become having to subscribe?! 

If you're android just browse the site in incognito mode and you'll be fine.

• Moderation Lead
37 minutes ago, damo100 said:

How?

If it’s anything like iPhone, open a browser window, then you should be able to find it quickly. Otherwise just google- ‘incognito mode on’ (and then your phone after the ‘on’).

Chaddy hoping to get 4 players from a Gallagher sale is just pie in the sky clearly. These players will want paying and he’s already mentioned the 20% cut to the sage bill. 

If we sold Gallagher the best we could hope for is a loan. I’d take Moore as a loan.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ossydave said:

Exactly. 

If we signed Kieffer Moore on loan (pie in the sky in know), then I'd be happy to shift Gallagher on and tackle the issue again in the summer.

As it stands though Gallagher is probably one of our top 3 most important players. Its a bit ridiculous that it's come to that, but not sure how people can argue it.

And the longer he’s been out of the team the more important he’s become.

24 minutes ago, Ricky said:

Chaddy hoping to get 4 players from a Gallagher sale is just pie in the sky clearly. These players will want paying and he’s already mentioned the 20% cut to the sage bill. 

If we sold Gallagher the best we could hope for is a loan. I’d take Moore as a loan.

And the fee we get for Gallagher would be eaten up in a loan fee and contribution to his wages so ultimately we gain absolutely nothing but instead lose an experienced player.

We are in a mess and right now there just doesn't seem to be a way out of it.

And all roads lead to Pune.

• Like 4

19 hours ago, davulsukur said:

What??

Screenshot_20240112_131813_X.jpg

Isn't this the Rovers rumours page that is run by that billy bullshitter that infested the summer transfer thread?

I'll wait until a credible source reports something thanks.

Back to the John Bulls and Tea Cakes....

1 minute ago, Upside Down said:

Isn't this the Rovers rumours page that is run by that billy bullshitter that infested the summer transfer thread?

I mean his name is nick mashiter. Does any more need to be said 😂

Edited by Oldgregg86
  • Like 2

I would like us to sign Swansea forward Liam Cullen. He can play up front as number 9 or wide right. Out of contract in the summer. Would be low fee. 

Given we need 4 to 5 more signings in this window and only 3 loan spots available(yes you can 8 loan players but only 5 in your match day squad) so going have to be 2 permanent transfers at least or we don't sign them

• Like 1

Just now, Oldgregg86 said:

I mean his name is nick mashiter. Does any more need to be said 😂

Imagine if we open the back pages of the guardian next week and that’s his real name with his own column 😅😂

• Like 2

1 minute ago, chaddyrovers said:

I would like us to sign Swansea forward Liam Cullen. He can play up front as number 9 or wide right. Out of contract in the summer. Would be low fee. 

Given we need 4 to 5 more signings in this window and only 3 loan spots available(yes you can 8 loan players but only 5 in your match day squad) so going have to be 2 permanent transfers at least or we don't sign them

I would like us to sign Haaland but it isn’t going to fucking happen.

We'll get maybe another kid on loan at best. 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, arbitro said:

We are in a mess and right now there just doesn't seem to be a way out of it.

And all roads lead to Pune.

No, think you’ll all find all roads lead to Kean, Anderson, Shaw, Agnew, Berg, Appleton, Bowyer, Lambert, Coyle, Senior, Waggott, Broughton, JDT, the Indian courts and government.

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 4

9 minutes ago, Upside Down said:

Andy Bayes confirmed and their manager was “tight lipped” on the situation…so seems true.

JDT doesn’t want him to leave, probably because he and GB know the funds won’t go back into a replacement.

Edited by BankEnd Rover
  • Like 2

Can see the Gallagher transfer being this January's what if talking point come next summer. Last year it was the O'Brien deal, the year before it was the rothwell money and who we could've got in with that money. I have little faith any money from the sale of Gallagher would be reinvested. As much as it pains me to say I'd rather have him then some money we won't get to spend on a replacement. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Bohinen1983 said:

Gallagher is an asset, big lad, very mobile- if we played with wingers that crossed the ball I think he'd do much better. The majority of his time with Rovers has been spent in wide forward positions- even from there his pressing and work-rate is tremendous.  If you think we're going to replace him with 1.5 million you're off your head.  It's not happening.  As someone else suggested, he'll get sold and we'll bring a loan in if we're lucky.   If Gallagher is being sold then it has to be of benefit (unlike Kaminski) financially so we can get an adequate replacement.   I'd be asking for 3-4 million.  If you don't pay it then he stays- simple.   Play him down the middle when he's back and try whipping a few balls into the box.  

Only Rovers could lose:  Brereton, Rothwell, Kaminski, Lenihan, Gallagher for a net 3.5 million.  That's why the club's fucked.

He jumps like Jesus nailed to the cross before they put it up...

Tall yes .. Aerial threat a sloth has more effect

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, ABBEY said:

He jumps like Jesus nailed to the cross before they put it up...

Tall yes .. Aerial threat a sloth has more effect

Smaller guys like Speedie or Jansen would have out jumped him easily.  Not many tall, gangly , players are good jumpers. Mike England being an exception.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

Still haven’t seen anybody explain why it’s such a great idea to sell our only senior striker when the funds won’t be spent on a replacement.

Because he is not very good. Although I doubt if the story of the alledged offer is true.

Yep, he’s pretty average, but that still doesn’t answer my question - why is it a great idea to sell our only senior striker when the money won’t be spent on a replacement?

Edited by Mattyblue

3 hours ago, Ossydave said:

Exactly. 

If we signed Kieffer Moore on loan (pie in the sky in know), then I'd be happy to shift Gallagher on and tackle the issue again in the summer.

As it stands though Gallagher is probably one of our top 3 most important players. Its a bit ridiculous that it's come to that, but not sure how people can argue it.

Hyam, Tronstad, Adam Wharton, Szmodic, maybe even JRC

• Like 1

Even the “brains” at Ewood must realise it would be barmy to sell Gallagher at present given our shortage of numbers - as said previously he does fill a shirt. But depressingly it does indicate that they see a future for him at the club at least in the short term and they don’t have a new forward lined up for this window. 

22 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Yep, he’s pretty average, but that still doesn’t answer my question - why is it a great idea to sell our only senior striker when the money won’t be spent on a replacement?

Hypothetically, because he is a high earner and we need to save money. Coupled to the fact that although he is senior, he isn't very good.

Edited by rigger

20 minutes ago, rigger said:

Hyam, Tronstad, Adam Wharton, Szmodic, maybe even JRC

Szmodics absolutely, #1 without a doubt. I'd say Tronstad probably #2. The others in the list have alternatives, we have absolutely 0 alternatives to Gallagher in a similar mould. The results speak for themselves. 

12 minutes ago, rigger said:

Hypothetically, because he is a high earner and we need to save money. Coupled to the fact that although he is senior, he isn't very good.

He’ll be going in the summer anyway, so he can get off the wage bill then. Maybe we shouldn’t be getting rid of our few experienced players and certainly our only experienced striker when on a horror run and hurtling down the table.

None of this supposed £1 million will be spent so he may as well stay.

Edited by Mattyblue

23 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

Even the “brains” at Ewood must realise it would be barmy to sell Gallagher at present given our shortage of numbers - as said previously he does fill a shirt. But depressingly it does indicate that they see a future for him at the club at least in the short term and they don’t have a new forward lined up for this window. 

It's ok we'll be told 'he wants to go' so we can't have an unhappy player.

Mind you it would be just like Rovers to give him a new 18k a week contract then he gets injured again !

It's a tricky one this but more worrying is the likes of Ipswich trying to cherry pick our players after half a season back in the Championship.