BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

That *was* the January Window

4 minutes ago, Tugayisgod said:

Interesting, but that article is over 18 months old and I personally don't think Gelhardt has lived up to his promise. Disappointing by all accounts at Sunderland last season. I would hope he's not the striker being rumoured as a replacement for Gallagher if he leaves

He's been linked here for several years now and iv'e not seen anything in him to get exited about. However i think we have to conclude he'd be more use to have around than Ennis and i'm told he's pressing type fwd though don't know if that's right.

Mind you that's a great way to describe a non goal scoring striker who runs around a lot i suppose.  He'd probably cost over ten grand per week to loan in as well so maybe not worth it in the grand scheme of things.

16 minutes ago, SuperBrfc said:

Same.

A bit of research shows that Ennis shares the same agent as Harry Pickering, Patrick Gamble and Luke Brennan (former Rovers youth player).

I didn't know until yesterday, but a transfer target of ours, who we have been linked with a few times previously, including just last week, also has the same agent. Joe Gelhardt.

What transfer rumour was going around the other day. Was it Ennis going out on loan?

Anyway, here's an article containing rave reviews about Gelhardt:

https://www.leeds-live.co.uk/sport/leeds-united/agent-reveals-lofty-joe-gelhardt-23881447

Which says to me this much vaunted new recruitment set up is still going down the road of taking players offered by club friendly agents as the easy option.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, islander200 said:

Why Ipswich?

What big fee have that paid out to suggest they would pay what is required for Szmodic?

I don't think its likely, but to play devils advocate...

Teams gamble big on promotion*, Ipswich are in the automatic spots - £x million to bring in the leagues top scorer looks like a bargain if they go up...

The terrifying thing for me given all the swirling rumours is how much might the club actually accept for him. I suspect a lot of clubs would be interested in picking him up at a bargain price - in a way we should hope that he's holding out for a prem side to come in for him in this window, that way we might keep hold of him until the summer.

*you know, teams that aren't us.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, AspRover said:

I don't think its likely, but to play devils advocate...

Teams gamble big on promotion*, Ipswich are in the automatic spots - £x million to bring in the leagues top scorer looks like a bargain if they go up...

The terrifying thing for me given all the swirling rumours is how much might the club actually accept for him. I suspect a lot of clubs would be interested in picking him up at a bargain price - in a way we should hope that he's holding out for a prem side to come in for him in this window, that way we might keep hold of him until the summer.

*you know, teams that aren't us.

Also only 20 miles from his home town…

10 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

In the automatic spots as the window opens so they are going for it? Nah, the Venky January 2022 approach was much safer… and look at us now!

Their approach was to unveil a huge warchest to have a go but the manager declined and the money vanished. Apparently...

• Like 4

19 hours ago, JHRover said:

Yeah I heard a few saying 'see you back here' in the summer. Ain't going to happen. Even if JDT goes and the next bloke fancies him there's too much gone on now.

We wanted his wages off and that's all there is to it, so the 'powers that be' will be hoping Ipswich love him so they'll come along with some cash early on in the summer window. Win win for Waggott and co. A well timed cash boost, big wage gone and all profit on an academy player.

It really is sickening, especially when imbecilic Rovers fans start playing the 'poor little Rovers' routine, Ipswich being a club in League One for years and the definition of mediocrity for the decade prior to that.

But another club that has more than we have - pride, ambition, determination - so I'm sure it will be like chalk and cheese moving down there to a club with an aim rather than just existing to develop particular players and keep people in jobs and favour with India. 

I don't want to support such an organisation, not at top end prices and having the mick taken out of me. I can take crap but not when we are being laughed at by those upstairs.

Have to agree, tbh I’m fed up and bored of this cycle we’ve had for 12 years, go through shit get into a solid position to love forward but the manager isn’t good enough and we refuse to sack him till it’s too late then end up back in the shit with a manager who can’t do it and no money again. I really can’t be arsed and I’m glad I can’t afford season tickets anymore cause now I don’t have to commit to tuning my Saturdays anymore, live in Preston nowadays but would rather come over Blackburn way to watch darwen than rovers, least it’s a fantastic set up down there and proper football.

its gotten to the point that I would be happy to see admin and a year or two in l1 just to get pride ownership again, all I ask is to support a proper football club where the fans are at heart and everyone is pushing in the right direction, don’t care if we have a tight budget still cause it would be worked properly like Luton and how we did in the mid to late 2000s, don’t care about big money 

• Like 7

27 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

In the automatic spots as the window opens so they are going for it? Nah, the Venky January 2022 approach was much safer… and look at us now!

Apparently we have to cut our cloth and not risk any boom and bust for fear of ending up in financial trouble ....

Hmmm ok then i can see  we are prospering on field and off it by taking such an approach.

Edited by tomphil
  • Like 1

51 minutes ago, Tugayisgod said:

Interesting, but that article is over 18 months old and I personally don't think Gelhardt has lived up to his promise. Disappointing by all accounts at Sunderland last season. I would hope he's not the striker being rumoured as a replacement for Gallagher if he leaves

True, it is an old article. There are a couple of key pointers in there though that need to be picked up on, imo.

I was initially for the Gelhardt signing when he was first linked with us, as he looked like a player in the short time that I saw him at Leeds.

However, he didn't do much in a Sunderland shirt. Would he be worth bringing here? We are that short on options and quality and we need fresh ideas up there, so maybe.

I don't think he would be a Gallagher replacement though. I think it's likely to be Ennis out on loan, replaced by Gelhardt on loan.

The buffoons are sure to have a silly valuation in mind for Gallagher, like they did with Brereton, and if it isn't met, he's probably going nowhere.

34 minutes ago, BigBar said:

What a mess we are at the moment, truly depressiing. Clubs smell blood and we are being raided. Dack, BBD, Ayala, Travis Kaminski all out the door in the last year. Ennis, Telalovic, Tronstad Hill and Wahlstedt come in. Simply staggering. 

Ennis being shipped out after being given a 4 year deal 6 months into it sums it all up. Shit show top to bottom. The drop off in quality even with cutbacks has been horrendous.

We are being stripped to the bare bones and then some. Owners and board are a shambles. C*unts.

Spot on. Amazingly, some supporters still can’t see it for what it is.

• Like 5

A couple of wins on the trot and all will be well, on the surface at least. Behind the scenes, dark shadows continue to beleaguer our once proud club. Oh I know that it isn't all champagne and caviar at other clubs, but most fans haven't had the weirdness we've had to endure since the absent ones took leave of their senses and signed their sense away.

You have to laugh - most hostages subjected to this level of abuse for 13 plus years would probably have developed Stockholm syndrome by now, and gone over to the dark side... Oh, hang on...

Invasion of the body snatchers I tell you.

• Like 7

1 hour ago, martonrover said:

Ennis being shipped out after being given a 4 year deal 6 months into it sums it all up. Shit show top to bottom. The drop off in quality even with cutbacks has been horrendous.

it was clear from the moment he set foot in  brockhall that jdt did`nt rate him,same with telalovic,thats on the recruitment dept,the same lot us that brought us the worst goalkeeper in the history of football and the amazingly bad clinton mola,im`e amazed that jdt is still here tbh,he`s been dealt bad hands every since he landed

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

it was clear from the moment he set foot in  brockhall that jdt did`nt rate him,same with telalovic,thats on the recruitment dept,the same lot us that brought us the worst goalkeeper in the history of football and the amazingly bad clinton mola,im`e amazed that jdt is still here tbh,he`s been dealt bad hands every since he landed

Our great manager picked Mola to play at Turf Moor ...Let that one sink in !

• Like 2

7 hours ago, RoversClitheroe said:

Anyone seen Szmodics Instagram story, don't like to read too much into it, but it's this, is he clapping farewell?

No wording just this.

Screenshot_20240115-140017.png

Hes clapping because Venkys decided to f.CK off

41 minutes ago, neophox said:

Can't afford him...if any takers surely Leicester or Leeds.

Depends how much they want to gamble on going up. Also I guess they are only in year one of the ffp cycle as it’s different rules in league 1.

If they wanted to show a sign of intent buying the leagues top scorer wouldn’t be a bad way to do it. 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Ricky said:

Depends how much they want to gamble on going up. Also I guess they are only in year one of the ffp cycle as it’s different rules in league 1.

If they wanted to show a sign of intent buying the leagues top scorer wouldn’t be a bad way to do it. 

If a club exceeds the limit in ‘year one’ they have to provide future financial information covering the next two years.

If these projections show they’ll continue to exceed the limits then the EFL can impose a business plan to ensure that they don’t.