BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

That *was* the January Window

9 minutes ago, JHRover said:

We have a big catchment area, just a lot of competition in it.

Makes it all the more important that we do our damned best to retain and grow that catchment area without PL football to offer, and all the more unforgivable the approach Rovers have taken in the last decade which is to do absolutely nothing to promote the club anywhere outside of Blackburn with Darwen.

Sides like Ipswich and Norwich don't need to do very much to pull them in - a couple of decent seasons and promotion pushes will do it - the people out there have little else to do other than go back to them

Here people have many other options ranging from Accy Stanley because it's easier and cheaper, to City because they can watch a quality product for less, to everything inbetween.

The advantage we accumulated under Walker and 20 years of top flight football is being eroded and I think the club could and should do a lot more to stop or reverse that.

Outside of us fans, everyone sees our fanbase as embarrassing. Harsh truth of where we are at.

Not many fans inside and outside at all understand the impact Venkys have had on us.

Have no understanding of the fans we have lost at all.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, joey_big_nose said:

I think there are 12 pro clubs within 30 miles of Ewood - Rovers, Burnley, Liverpool, Everton, man Utd, man City, accrington, Preston, WIgan, Bolton, Blackpool, Fleetwood

My figure of 15 within 40 miles, as a direct comparison with Ipswich, had Tranmere, Stockport and Morecambe in. And it should have Bradford City as well. And Huddersfield is only 41 miles.

• Moderation Lead
4 hours ago, RoversClitheroe said:

Cardiff battling us for Nat Phillips.

Something tells me that’s a battle we won’t win….

• Like 3

1 minute ago, BankEnd Rover said:

Down to the player apparently, hopefully he'll want to stay close to home instead of moving down there.

I don't know much about Cardiff's back line, but you'd imagine considering our back line problems, he will get plenty of games as JDT also alluded the club needs to address experience at the back .

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, BankEnd Rover said:

Down to the player apparently, hopefully he'll want to stay close to home instead of moving down there.

Would of thought so, specially when Cardiff manager released statement in past few weeks stating he doesn't know wether he's going to stay on 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, TugaysMarlboro said:

I don't know much about Cardiff's back line, but you'd imagine considering our back line problems, he will get plenty of games as JDT also alluded the club needs to address experience at the back .

Yeah, youd think given definite game time, and our relationship with Liverpool we should be in the driving seat?

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, BankEnd Rover said:

Unfortunately Cardiff is a fantastic city, so let's hope he's very settled in the North West. 

7 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

Unfortunately Cardiff is a fantastic city, so let's hope he's very settled in the North West. 

I would say there's more up your way than Cardiff. Wouldn't compete against the likes of Manchester 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Rover8T4 said:

I would say there's more up your way than Cardiff. Wouldn't compete against the likes of Manchester 

Of course not, Manchester is the best city in the country - but Cardiff is really lovely. 

• Like 2