BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

That *was* the January Window

7 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

Sorry what's him coming through their academy have to do with it

Every penny of the transfer fee will be profit so gives them more wiggle room against FFP which they're pushing up at against

1 minute ago, roversinmyblood said:

I disagree, we need somebody to be able to get behind a defence who has come to park the bus. 

In the summer, yes. Don't think it's a priority to loan a winger now that we have Dolan and Hedges coming back. A central defender and a striker highest on my list.

5 hours ago, bluebruce said:

A bit sickening that Raya alone has recently sold for that amount. Kaminski is probably worth about triple what we sold him for 6 months ago. Phillips we'd have likely sought about four times what we got if the ball was in our court. Wharton could be worth triple what we're selling him for in a year, and Gallagher cost us more than double what we might be about to get for him. I don't see these numbers as the victory you do.

When did I ever say it was a victory 🤣. Clearly you didn’t get my point of miss management on the Rothwell comment and Disz and Dack comment…instead pointing out things that aren’t there read the comment. 

11 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

I'd have thought they'd want to replace their best midfielder immediately really. Sorry what's him coming through their academy have to do with it, isn't it an advantage under selection rules to have players from your own academy?

I don’t think so, what rule are you thinking of?

51 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Except when I do blame the owners which is all the time.,......

For me they were to be tolerated when they were freely able and willing to put large amounts of cash in.

The ideal scenario would have been their financial backing with a decent CEO and Manager. We never got that and now we finally  have a promising coach they've managed to get themselves barred from putting similar amounts of funding in due to circumstances of their own making. 

The current situation is no use to anyone.

Tolerate them when they were freely able to put large amounts of cash in? Financial backing? They sold shares to cover the losses as do all owners of non parachute payment clubs,  heightened by their own stupidity.

They havent been backing us for years and years. We havent spent more than 2m on a player since 2019.

Its not financial backing, its paying the bills. Big difference.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Paul Mellelieu said:

There is a very long list of crap players bought under John Williams and Jack.  Rev neatly overlooks that in his blathering about GB.  

Rev makes some good points though.

Telalovic, Hurst, Wahlstedt and Ennis indicate piss poor recruitment. 

Also, I am sure I read that Sammie and Hyam were already on Rovers wish list before egg-time.

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, superniko said:

It’s likely. But he’ll get 6 months with them, then they either stay or Palace have £100m to buy some more juice to play around him. 

Add the £50k(?) a week or whatever the going rate is these days and it’s a cracking move for him. Just a shame as there is no reason Rovers shouldn’t be in the capable position that Palace are in now. 

I can think of a reason. I’ll give you a clue - it begins with a “ V “.

• Like 5

13 minutes ago, Leonard Venkhater said:

Rev makes some good points though.

Telalovic, Hurst, Wahlstedt and Ennis indicate piss poor recruitment. 

Also, I am sure I read that Sammie and Hyam were already on Rovers wish list before egg-time.

Its fair that as much as I thought Broughton was doing a good job six months ago hes obviously struggling at the moment. All the above four have gone poorly, on the fence with Moran, only Tronstad has worked out from last summer.

4 minutes ago, Erased Citizen said:

Perhaps the rule in european comps which require a number of players trained at your club. (I think its 4 but not sure)

I don’t know whether it’s 4 either but I don’t think  we need to be worrying about euro comp rules right now 😁

Edited by wilsdenrover

48 minutes ago, neophox said:

Rak-Sakyi not in the squad tonight means he's going.... hopefully he's part of the deal ...

He's been out injured for the last 3 months so absence from squad means nothing.

Disappointed to see Adam Wharton leave so early but £22m is hard for Rovers to turn down. It should(key word) allow to bring in a 3 or 4 players this window and a couple in the summer. Don't blame Adam for wanting to play PL football and he will play regular at Palace. 

Hopefully we can get Duncan McGuire over the line.

I would look at Paddy McNair from Boro. Out of contract in the summer, aged 28 and experience. Wouldn't cost much transfer fee wise. 

We can look at right back signing and move JRC into Wharton role, or sign a centre midfielder replacement. 

Then I would like winger with pace 

1 hour ago, RevidgeBlue said:

I'm not winding people up.

I find it incredible that this bloke has signed Ennis (who isn't even fit enough to play professional football) Hirst, Telalovic and Wahlstedt (which must be the biggest cock up since Souness signed George  Weah's cousin) and people don't even seem to care.

Wahlstedt is nowhere near as bad as people on here make out. He is still young in terms of keepers and he needs developing on command of the area and catching crosses. 

Telalovic is work in progress signing. He is getting better as time goes on. 

Ennis has been awful signing. 

Also GB is doing a good overall job at Rovers IMO. 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, neophox said:

I would not slagging off Wahlstedt yet...he's young for being a keeper and was thrown in early when he arrived and has made some fantastic saves ...he s not good in the air and his punching...needs proper training and hopefully he can compete next season.

Walstedt is good shot-stopper although parries too often. Man City rate shot-stopping as the 7th most important factor in assessing a keeper. He's not much good at anything else.

26 minutes ago, wilsdenrover said:

I don’t think so, what rule are you thinking of?

Isn't it still the case that in Europe you need 4 players 'homegrown' from your club and 4 players 'homegrown' from your country? Homegrown actually meaning trained for 3 years in your club or country before the age of 21.

2 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Ennis has been a shocking signing. There can’t have been many more ineffectual signings. Even Grabbi scored a few goals.

I would disagree, he is a free transfer and has looked ok in the few appearances he has made. Far too early to write him off imo.

• Like 3