BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

That *was* the January Window

3 minutes ago, islander200 said:

Or India have turned round and said irrespective of the Wharton deal we won't be paying transfer fees out 

I wouldn't put it past us having an agreement with palace to announce the Wharton deal as late as possible 

Thats what I mean. To say deal off is beyond that there is a potential snag. It seems to have caused terminal damage to the deal.

1 minute ago, sharpysharps86 said:

Alan Myers tweeting that we are now after an experienced Striker.

It'll be Lucas Jutkiewicz on a free, won't it.

It will be bye bye to any more games this season for me if it is 😉

• Like 1

I don't think you pull the plug on a signing when a deal "might" be off..... ?

Palace were always going to see Wharton through, c'mon. Rovers knew it.

You don't go running to Orlando to say "it's off" in the middle of a deal that can be rectified.

It's absolute nonsense from the club and we know how the day ends....

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, islander200 said:

Boro with the Rogers money will come in for Szmodic , Ipswich sign Gallagher and Dolan goes to Luton

If carlsberg did transfer windows for our owners 

That would be hilarious if it wasn't about to come true 😂

• Like 1

So either the deal with Palace was going to collapse or Venkys have pulled the finances for permanent transfer fees.

If the Wharton deal is going through, you’d imagine we’d be looking at other targets on the list similar to McGuire, or trying desperately hard to resurrect the deal.

Reports that we’re going for an experienced striker, sounds similar to the McFadzean deal.

Juke will cancel his contract with Birmingham and sign with us to the end of the season.

This would mean a transfer fee of £0.00 and show that Venkys did pull the plug and not that the Wharton deal was about to collapse.

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, islander200 said:

Boro with the Rogers money will come in for Szmodic , Ipswich sign Gallagher and Dolan goes to Luton

If carlsberg did transfer windows for our owners 

If the offers matched the owners valuation those 3 outs would get done, deadline day or not.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, TheRevAshton said:

Gregg: Fuck, the Wharton deal might not go through - and the Yank is flying over as we speak!
Swag: Well that aint happening is it, tell them to make a U-turn.
Gregg: Steve it's a flight not a taxi... plus, we've got 8 hours till he lands - why don't we just hold off and see what happens? They obviously can't turn ar...
Swag: Gregg, don't make me ask again. *bites a pie* Tell them it's off now, and to make a U-turn.

(Swag waddles off)

Gregg (head in hands): Fuck sake. Stacey, get me on the blower to Orlando please!

That bites into a pie was perfect 😂

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Eddie said:

I'm not sure I believe it either, but there is a reason that I can see.

Orlando is 5 hours behind, so he's landing in the middle of the night local time for them. That means that it would be difficult for us to give them any update between about midnight and noon (when likely our admin are fully signing off for the day and when there's might be starting their day if people are paying extra attention given deadline day here).

It would actually be honourable to communicate a potential snag before he lands, but it still doesn't make some of the other information line up.  

It's not honourable, it's downright barmy! Loads of transfers fail due to complications with other deals in a chain.  It's the natural domino effect of the transfer window and it's why players are often haring up and down the UK motorway network (or in Odemwingie's case, sat outside a stadium) with very little time to spare. 

This notion of being honourable is bollocks, and in the unlikely event of it being true, would be astonishingly idiotic.  PERHAPS Orlando were pressing for some sort of response before the end of the working day, but I can't see why, when McGuire was supposedly sat on an aeroplane already. 

No, something isn't right about this.  My hunch is the Rao's have pulled the plug on it and Bayes' source is arse covering. 

Let's see if we spend anything like the value of the McGuire deal....

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Gamst21 said:

I think the best form of protest would be to simply stop going to games or planned walkouts during a game etc. 

agreed, don’t see point in doing anything during a game when we need to be backing the players