BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

That *was* the January Window

Just now, windymiller7 said:

No body else seem to think it's quite funny that everything now seems to be 'back on' with McGuire since shortly after that Orlando City guy posted a brief history of Venky's reign?

Venky's being shamed across the US, that won't have gone down too well I imagine.

I thought it was brilliant, but we need to make sure that, even if the transfer is completed, all that stuff just doesn't disappear.

I thought that too.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Tim Southampton Rover said:

A loyalty bonus wouldn't put on hold any move. If the move is wanted by both clubs then it can just be given in instalments over X amount of years or another way rather than in one lump sum. 

Sounds like the Wharton deal has been agreed and ready to be signed off. Probably just waiting for our lot to sort it's mess out before officially confirming. 

yep, it would be highly unlikely and totally out of step with how transfers are structured for the one thing that gets paid upfront is the loyalty bonus of the person agreeing to leave......... (again no blame toward Adam but he is signing a contract to leave)

1 minute ago, windymiller7 said:

No body else seem to think it's quite funny that everything now seems to be 'back on' with McGuire since shortly after that Orlando City guy posted a brief history of Venky's reign?

Venky's being shamed across the US, that won't have gone down too well I imagine.

I thought it was brilliant, but we need to make sure that, even if the transfer is completed, all that stuff just doesn't disappear.

To be honest, I'd be amazed if they ever become aware of it. They've never shown any visible signs of being bothered about negative publicity from owning Rovers, and some of it has been on a much larger scale than a social media post. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, davulsukur said:

I didn't know this but how many different ways can people come up with to make me hate football. Is there any point where these fuckers don't get paid? They now get paid to leave a club because they didn't ask to. Jesus H Corbett.

(Note: Wharton isn't a fucker)

I think loyalty bonuses are perfectly fair. It's Rovers that want rid of him. He has a 5 year employment contract that the club are wanting to break early 

• Like 9

2 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

I don't want to see any midfielders inside any left forwards. I'll stick to the MILFs.

Not sure who the midfielder is but I'd put money on the left forward being Morten Gamst Pedersen.

They've managed to get this much drama out of a player who has played less than two years of senior football. What a club, eh.

Anyway, if it finally happens, is he any good?

Edited by CD_93

6 minutes ago, windymiller7 said:

Apparently the only people not getting paid are those playing for Orlando 

1 minute ago, Displaced Rover said:

I think loyalty bonuses are perfectly fair. It's Rovers that want rid of him. He has a 5 year employment contract that the club are wanting to break early 

I don't think they are. He has a 4.5 year contract that he's going to massively upgrade. I'd love to go to a much better paying employer and get a huge lump sum for leaving.

3 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

It gets worse and worse.

So, after forcing him out to pay the bills, we refuse to pay him a bonus to which he is contractually entitled?

Classy, but that sounds like Waggott Venkys all over.

Changed it for you. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, booth said:

It's a choice of Sheffield Wednesday or us. Both bonkers to be fair.

The 2 clubs in this league with no money, he must be a blinding player!

1 minute ago, J*B said:

Take this with a pinch of salt, but I’m told there’s at least 4 players including Ennis and Gilsnan that are waiting to for loan moves away from the club but JDT is refusing to approve anything until someone clarifies exactly who, if anyone, is signing. 

As he should. They might proceed without his approval though, which I imagine would be last straw if he doesn't get the players he needs today.

• Like 2

The thought of "Asking" to loan Wharton back to us - when we currently already own him - and being told "no" and then ACCEPTING IT anyway, makes me so fucking angry.

We own the wonderkid, Palace knows that his price will go up in July. How hard is it. A competant management would say that Adam is only for sale (today) if we keep him on loan till the Summer... if you can't accept that. Fuck off.

Rovers need to fucking grow a pair and add £5m to the fee - as that is what relegation would cost for losing him. This transfer stinks.

"Hello, Swag here... Hi (Palace)... oh I see, £18m, rising to £22m you say?... Well, Adam is only available if you loan him back to us till the summer, John needs him as we already loaned out our captain....... oh, I see... you don't want to do that.... ah okay then, we'll do it your way, always a pleasure, take care.... oh wait, got any 18yr olds that need game time?"

THEY play by our rules, it's our fucking player. Imbeciles.

Edited by Angry_Pirate
  • Like 6

3 minutes ago, J*B said:

Take this with a pinch of salt, but I’m told there’s at least 4 players including Ennis and Gilsnan that are waiting to for loan moves away from the club but JDT is refusing to approve anything until someone clarifies exactly who, if anyone, is signing. 

Oxford fan at work is convinced Harry Leonard is heading there on loan. 

• Like 1

• Backroom
3 minutes ago, J*B said:

GOOD!

• Like 7