BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

That *was* the January Window

Wharton's body language is usually pretty poor - but he looked particularly forlorn in his tracksuit as the last player to walk off on Monday.

Little did we know that'd be the last time we saw him in Rovers colours. I hope he comes back for a home game so we can give him a proper send off. 

• Like 5

11 minutes ago, alcd said:

My guess would be that the first installment for Wharton pays the wages etc until the summer so none of it was available for incomings. Basically the Wharton money will enable Venkys to continue their lack of funding for a while longer. The gormless twats are just kicking the can d

Venkys destroyed our club.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, alcd said:

My guess would be that the first installment for Wharton pays the wages etc until the summer so none of it was available for incomings. Basically the Wharton money will enable Venkys to continue their lack of funding for a while longer. The gormless twats are just kicking the can d

Ennis on his way too.

1 minute ago, Exiled_Rover said:

Wharton's body language is usually pretty poor - but he looked particularly forlorn in his tracksuit as the last player to walk off on Monday.

Little did we know that'd be the last time we saw him in Rovers colours. I hope he comes back for a home game so we can give him a proper send off. 

Yeah, we are going to miss him, especially if as it seems we don't replace him.

Players like Adam are rare indeed , someone who can make the game look ridiculously easy at times 

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, CambridgeRover said:

Any replacement midfielder linked???

Jackson has said we are looking but it’s not guaranteed…To me that means a no….It will be CB & Maguire (hopefully) and then that’s us done - Poor really but a lot better than we all thought this morning.

10 minutes ago, Angry_Pirate said:

1996: Shearer - Newcastle (£15m)

2003: Duff - Chelsea (£17m)

2008: Santa Cruz - Man City (£18m)

2011: Jones - Man Utd (£17m)

2021: Armstrong - Southampton (£15m)

2024: Wharton - Crystal Palace (£22m)

I could stomach it when it was United, City and Chelsea (even Newcastle) taking our world class players and wonderkids... now it's Southampton and fucking Crystal Palace grabbing our stars?!?! Thanks a fucking lot Venky's!

Take your £22m, sell up, and fuck off! You've killed this historic Football Club!

True

But could argue that city and Chelsea weren't the the hugely successful clubs they went on to be at the times of those signings 

2 minutes ago, Spankus Munky said:

No... do you?

Unhappy.jpg

He's just signed a multi million pound contract, playing in the top flight. Someone pointed a camera at him and told him to say cheese.

What do you expect?

• Like 2

Just now, Armchair supporter supremo said:

True

But could argue that city and Chelsea weren't the the hugely successful clubs they went on to be at the times of those signings 

No, but they were significantly wealthier than us. 

• Like 2

At least In the two previous January windows we didn't weaken the first 11,all we have done so far is add numbers ,a 37 year old on a 4 month deal looks our best signing 

I don't even think this McGuire will start ,JDT will have Gallagher in the team especially when we are turning down £2 million with months remaining on his deal unless we renew for the year on his ott wage 

What a fuckin joke this is 

• Like 1

The management and Venky's owe us big-time after this one. Better not spout some bullshit that there wasn't any time for replacements.

I'll keep an eye on Wharton going forward, he has my support. Haven't been this emotional since Duffer went to Chelsea.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Ewood Ace said:

image.thumb.png.cb30c0589d43f49a6b872fbbe800e11b.png

Venkys' legacy. A young local lad who supports the club views bloody Crystal Palace as a big club and an honour to play for.

He’s hardly going to open up with “they’re a rank average 12-15th in the table every year but give me an opportunity to play games and make a big step up” is he 

• Like 6

1 minute ago, booth said:

He's just signed a multi million pound contract, playing in the top flight. Someone pointed a camera at him and told him to say cheese.

What do you expect?

Him to look gutted and forced out like the narrative some on here would have you believe. The lad is happy as he should be.

1 minute ago, Exiled_Rover said:

Not if we stick with 3 at the back.

We definitely need another CM though.

And a striker, if Ennis goes. We were already light in that department and I'm not sure if McGuire will be match fit as it's still pre-season for him.

Just now, Spankus Munky said:

Him to look gutted and forced out like the narrative some on here would have you believe. The lad is happy as he should be.

He's torn. It's possible to be happy and sad at the same time. He'll absolutely kill it if he puts the work in.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, islander200 said:

At least In the two previous January windows we didn't weaken the first 11,all we have done so far is add numbers ,a 37 year old on a 4 month deal looks our best signing 

I don't even think this McGuire will start ,JDT will have Gallagher in the team especially when we are turning down £2 million with months remaining on his deal unless we renew for the year on his ott wage 

What a fuckin joke this is 

Agreed…What would improve things if we got a surprise permanent CM or Winger. 

2 minutes ago, booth said:

And a striker, if Ennis goes. We were already light in that department and I'm not sure if McGuire will be match fit as it's still pre-season for him.

I bet he's fitter than Ennis

• Like 1